Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i'm going to kick tony's rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Numero6 posted:

Tony should have hired me for a lot of money and the fact he didn't is awful!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

post hole digger posted:

About an hour later another asserted, "Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is All Elite." The Lurker replied, "Man, I don't know what you're talking about!" Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. Tony turned and looked straight at The Lurker. Then The Lurker remembered the word Tony had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times." And he went outside and wept bitterly.

What is Terry Taylor doing in AEW? WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i could have easily used my IT skills to stop the devil from hacking the dynamite broadcast, successfully preventing the continuation of a story line that made much of the fanbase upset. we could have had it all..........

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lots of fail posting in here today. Thankfully dynamite is on tonight and the word is it’s a Reset moment for AEW.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lots of fail posting in here today. Thankfully dynamite is on tonight and the word is it’s a Reset moment for AEW.

Hook isn't even announced, despite being 28-1.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The feeling will finally be restored. Thank you Mark Henry, as we usher in the NEW ERA of AEW

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think we are just 2 or 3 resets from Restoring The Feeling

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you can't spell new era without the same letters as you cant spell née aew without NEW ERA

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Keith David: Just when it seemed like Big Time Tony had Restored the Feeling and Saved Wres, WWE hit back, stealing away AEW top talent including Choady Loads, Fucko Phil and Beepie.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
2024: Neo-AEW is about to EXPLODE

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony should sign Tetsuo before WWE does.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what do you expect, a lot of aew fans thought it was good when hangman did a shoot on punk and hosed up the company for 2 years

lol the idea that punk is like this force of nature that Hangman let out of Pandora's Box. Hangman had an off the cuff comment that 99 percent of other performers would have let slide.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

shooting has famously never been a disaster in this great sport

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
stupid tony's need the most attention

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Shard posted:

lol the idea that punk is like this force of nature that Hangman let out of Pandora's Box. Hangman had an off the cuff comment that 99 percent of other performers would have let slide.

Hangman knew exactly what he was doing, don't kid yourself

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he did and it owned

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Joey McChrist posted:

he did and it owned

His goal was to get under Punk's skin, and it's not a stretch to say he succeeded beyond even his wildest imaginings

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I always knew Hangman Adam Page was out here playing 5d chess.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

My favorite thing is after Brawl Out, everyone went back to that "worker's rights" clip and went "that is what set Punk off??"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Punk cannot fail he can only be failed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm junk

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Shard posted:

I always knew Hangman Adam Page was out here playing 5d chess.

He wasn't playing 5D chess and it wasn't an off the cuff remark. He was deliberately trying to get under Punk's skin, it just turned out that his skin was thinner than parchment paper

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

We need an AEW Hell Hell thread

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

Hook isn't even announced, despite being 28-1.

It's a fine card, I guess. 3 out of 5 matches being party matches is kinda whatever. Not a fantastic "Homecoming" level show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He wasn't playing 5D chess and it wasn't an off the cuff remark. He was deliberately trying to get under Punk's skin, it just turned out that his skin was thinner than parchment paper

I still think it counts as an off the cuff remark because he said it once and it was said in a way that almost no one got. I mean unless someone has evidence that Hangman had this all planned out and was hoping to orchestrate the ultimate destruction of cm punk

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

more and more saying this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

It's a fine card, I guess. 3 out of 5 matches being party matches is kinda whatever. Not a fantastic "Homecoming" level show.

its not that good.🥴

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tiny Con’s Cringe Cabal

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Tiny Con’s Cringe Cabal

Ciny Con's Cringe Cabal

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

partay matches

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i'm glad we get to keep rehashing the cm punk stuff itt. one day we'll get to the bottom of things.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Shard posted:

I still think it counts as an off the cuff remark because he said it once and it was said in a way that almost no one got. I mean unless someone has evidence that Hangman had this all planned out and was hoping to orchestrate the ultimate destruction of cm punk

One person got it, who was his intended target, so that's all that matters. Otherwise why say it at all

E: just to be clear, Punk was extremely dumb for letting himself be gotten to like that, in case anyone thinks my saying "Hangman knew what he was doing" is somehow a defense of that. I don't think Hangman realized that Punk was going to seethe over it to the degree that he did, though. And the correct move by Punk would definitely have been to just shrug it off. But he didn't, and so here we are

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 10, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i'm glad we get to keep rehashing the cm punk stuff itt. one day we'll get to the bottom of things.

cm punk hosed around and found out and what he found out was that wwe is willing to pay him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

We got to the bottom of things years ago and it was a fake staph injection. WWE recently deleted the evidence though

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Farmer and the Cucamonga kids have set Workers rights back forward 100 years with their amazing contracts that include a stay at home if you feel like it clause

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sisal Two-Step posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

The Farmer and the Cucamonga kids have set Workers rights back forward 100 years with their amazing contracts that include a stay at home if you feel like it clause

i hear they have decided to use one of their 8 annual appearances tonight.

yeah... that'll put butts in seats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cm punk hosed around and found out and what he found out was that wwe is willing to pay him

mask off moment