Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tarnop posted:

The trick is to do what D4 did and finish your final act, leaving the obviously half-arsed stuff in the middle. As long as "Chapter 10" and "Chapter 11" pop up on the screen just after you fight a boss, most people won't notice. Especially if at that point you're just thinking let me kill the main bad guy
At least the current 'ending' thematically fits with you landing in the end of time in pursuit of the oracle compared to ages ago when it was just a portal that appeared in town after you killed Lagon with text explicitly telling you that was all they'd written so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Yeah if they leave it as a cliffhanger and then add it in like it's a free expansion then that's probably fine. Again, that's basically what D4 does (except we'll have to pay for it)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

wrong thread lol

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 31, 2023

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

zoux posted:

wrong thread lol

Maybe it’s the right thread and you’re just playing the wrong game.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
well poo poo
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/trade-item-factions/61722

quote:

Resonances are a new item type which drop when you’ve played alongside a player for an extended period of time. Using a Resonance on an item will enable it to be gifted to that player even if they were not present when the item dropped. When a Resonance drops, it will drop with the player name in the item card to show who it enables gifting with. As you may notice from this example label, there are different types of Resonances: Obsidian Resonances, which are required for Legendary and Exalted Items, and Golden Resonances, which are required for Unique, Set, Rare, Magic, or Normal quality items.

Upon picking up a Resonance, it is placed in your inventory, and will be stored into your Gifting Inventory when you Store Crafting Materials. Once stored, when you open a gifting window to a player, you will have a flyout menu to select a resonance to use for the Gift. Resonances are consumable, so pay heed to when you decide to use them!
this was literally the last problem i had with the game in that i couldn't trade to a friend if they weren't online at time of drop

this is perfect lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Uhh...there's also...you know. Barely functional multiplayer.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Truga posted:

well poo poo
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/trade-item-factions/61722

this was literally the last problem i had with the game in that i couldn't trade to a friend if they weren't online at time of drop

this is perfect lol

Yeah and the faction system sounds really neat and I like the idea of creating something like SSF without limiting your ability to play in groups. I hope that they can fix the multiplayer issues before launch, I really want to play this with my ARPG-enjoying friends

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So what are item factions? The gist is you can either do find your own stuff with massively improved drop rates or you can trade? That was way too much text for my small brain to understand.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Yeah, that's basically it. You have to level the factions up, and you can swap between them freely. But items that get traded require you to be in the trade faction to equip, and items that are dropped when you're with the drop-likers require that you be in their faction to equip. So you can't mix and match items from both when you make a build.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

bamhand posted:

So what are item factions? The gist is you can either do find your own stuff with massively improved drop rates or you can trade? That was way too much text for my small brain to understand.

Massively improved drop rates and also some target farming stuff where you buy prophecies that make specific types of items drop when you meet a trigger condition

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

have they said they're doing anything for mp loading (and other) issues for 1.0?

or the static endgame maps

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
The most concrete thing I've seen about multiplayer stuff is this discussion with a dev from the official discord (Mike W is the dev)

The same dev has also said that multiplayer optimization is their top priority for1.0. Will probably hear more about it once there are actual patch notes and maybe once testers are outside of NDA.

As for new endgame stuff, there may be some surprise stuff in 1.0 but they've said it will be more of a focus for later patches, 1.1+.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Hey guys. Been playing this after I got bored with the current Poe league. Actually bought this 4 years ago but got to monolith for the first time. Unlocked empowered but I'm only level 80 and they feel too hard right now. Playing the thorn totem shaman. Guess I grind the regular ones to get more levels.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Make sure you aren't stacking bad modifiers early on in empowered. Giving enemies multiple damage mods like Undead Enemies Deal x% damage and Enemies Deal x% Physical Damage is really tough.

You really, really want to be in empowered monos once you have them unlocked. Empowered blessings are a big component of gearing and the improved exp and item drops are noticeable. Hitting them at level 80 is typical. The 10 extra levels and 50% damage and health are actually pretty small increases to monster difficulty. Modifiers lasting longer and becoming more annoying is the big thing to look out for. (And should change to some degree with the corruption tweaks in 1.0).

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Think they'll ever make swapping blessings easier? That might be my only major complaint of any of their major systems. They should let you keep the highest blessing of each type that you've found or something.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

monos requiring so much planning and effort to squeeze out middling rewards is what killed my original momentum. i hope the mono updates either make them less of a pain in the rear end or significantly more profitable

it would also be nice if xp past the cap did something. converted to gold, maybe

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

bamhand posted:

Think they'll ever make swapping blessings easier? That might be my only major complaint of any of their major systems. They should let you keep the highest blessing of each type that you've found or something.

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp2Twpd8cZ8&t=1186s

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
On Act 5 at the moment, is this like Path of Exile in that you need to complete the campaign on every character or do you eventually unlock a skip for future characters?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
You need to play enough of the campaign to get all your skill points and idol slots, mostly from sidequests, and get to a high-enough level to handle monoliths.

You only need to complete the entire campaign if you really care about that +1 to all stats you get from beating the current final boss. (You shouldn't care.)

They've said they eventually want to add more options for leveling, but for now it's just partial campaign runs.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Noper Q posted:

You need to play enough of the campaign to get all your skill points and idol slots, mostly from sidequests, and get to a high-enough level to handle monoliths.

You only need to complete the entire campaign if you really care about that +1 to all stats you get from beating the current final boss. (You shouldn't care.)

They've said they eventually want to add more options for leveling, but for now it's just partial campaign runs.

There's also some advanced trickery you can do using dungeons to skip parts of the campaign but it's not really viable to do all the time, especially since to do it you need to clear a dungeon while probably significantly underleveled/undergeared.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

like diablo ii you can pretty much just assblast your way through the game spamming through quest conversations. if you have the minimap open you can see the area level - you get experience capped at 5 levels above your character level, so when you drop below that you just keep moving.

if you play offline like me then your character saves are in appdata\locallow - they have no file extension but are just text files you can open in notepad. you can completely bust the game by copying the [unlockedWaypointScenes] between characters to transfer unlocked waypoints. if you do this before a character reaches the refuge then they will just skip the entire game prologue completing all the quests as you log in. if they have access to the end of time they'll spawn there and you can just immediately choose a mastery.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The campaign is honestly very fast to blast through. I don't think there's much to gain by skipping it.

Oh thank god.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I hope with 1.0 release they add some different maps/bosses for the monoliths.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Launch Trailer is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrO1CocQ9w

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Is it common to release a launch trailer a full month before launch?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Magitek posted:

Is it common to release a launch trailer a full month before launch?

Can't say I've seen that before.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Tomorrow is Jan. 21st, but 1.0 is releasing on Feb. 21st. Did… did someone mix up the month?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

one more month, ive waited this long. :negative:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A launch trailer to generate hype a month before this game that's been in early access forever launches seems perfectly normal to me :shrug:

Looking forward to it, really hope they don't bung this up.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

explosivo posted:

A launch trailer to generate hype a month before this game that's been in early access forever launches seems perfectly normal to me :shrug:

Looking forward to it, really hope they don't bung this up.

i mean yeah i guess but the implication of a "launch trailer" is as far as i know a trailer that comes out when or at least very close before the game itself launches/comes out of early access/whatever

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea a launch trailer is usually like, no more than 2 weeks out IMO.

Sure hope they fix multiplayer.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Even just playing an online character on your own can be suboptimal. I just played ten levels on my druid with the were bear charge going nowhere or just teleporting several seconds after pressing the button, and entering zones was just pure jank.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

As someone who's been intermittently keeping tabs on Last Epoch, what's the current deal with online characters and any sort of "ladder/non-ladder" (or season, or whatever) status before official release?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

It's going to work similar to standard league in POE from what I understand.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

How does the offline play hold up?

I'm a sucker for lots of alts plus POE type ssf is my preferred playstyle. :kiddo:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Offline is the only way to play right now.

I mean, not literally, but Multiplayer has issues so why would anyone choose to subject themselves to that.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

The big issue they oughta take care of is the delay after clicking portals, and there was a dev interview recently where they argued about why players call that lag when it isn't technically lag. Kind of got the impression they don't think it's a big deal, but if it launches like that, people are going to just slam them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I tried playing the game with a friend a while ago and we stopped after a couple of hours because the delays when changing zones was too much. We found it to be unplayably bad.

I'm not going to play the online mode, ever, if they don't fix that.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

phosdex posted:

The big issue they oughta take care of is the delay after clicking portals, and there was a dev interview recently where they argued about why players call that lag when it isn't technically lag. Kind of got the impression they don't think it's a big deal, but if it launches like that, people are going to just slam them.

Sounds more like engineers just being pedantic lol.

Call it whatever you want, at the end of the day it's a dealbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Sounds more like engineers just being pedantic lol.

Call it whatever you want, at the end of the day it's a dealbreaker.

Yeah they really need to not rebut things people find unpleasant this way. Nobody cares what the technical difficulty is, nor should they.