Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

dphi posted:

How many coaches do you currently have?

Not exactly clear at the moment, I’ll be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Who is the longest tenured power 5 coach right now? Gundy? Feels crazy UW has had 5 different head coaches while Pete Carroll was the Seahawks' head coach.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Edna Mode posted:

Who is the longest tenured power 5 coach right now? Gundy? Feels crazy UW has had 5 different head coaches while Pete Carroll was the Seahawks' head coach.

I'm pretty sure its Ferentz. Hating offense since 1999 or so

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Edna Mode posted:

Ferentz

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kirk Ferentz is a time traveler who has never heard of the concept of the forward pass.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Man huskies i am very, very sorry about this week

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I saw 80+ new posts in this thread and had a brief glimmer of hope that something funny happened with DeBoer and the search was back on. Alas...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1745970489669959722

Michigan has officially beaten the past two Alabama Head Coaches.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Official.

https://twitter.com/AlabamaFTBL/status/1745967784746451183?t=NvBBiWzDO5CNRB7VFlcpDA&s=19

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Huskies

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

GD_American posted:

This being the sticking point in the cultural discussion is kinda funny because Tuscaloosa has a really incredible Thai restaurant on the strip

Even the shithole town I live in has a bangin' sushi joint that just opened an equally-bangin' ramen joint next door. Good restaurants are easier to find than you think.

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol Huskies

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i would simply live in places like detroit and chicago, where things aren't exactly perfect but it ain't tuscaloosa or loving south dakota lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GD_American posted:

This being the sticking point in the cultural discussion is kinda funny because Tuscaloosa has a really incredible Thai restaurant on the strip

In general if you can't find good food in Tuscaloosa or Northport it's very much a 'you' problem.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

its loving insane taht the ncg was on monday of this week lol

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/hythloday1/status/1745961316685332659
:stare:

I hope they dont start the year against Colorado

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Raku posted:

Plus (and I know we weren't being super serious) there were like at least three thai places I knew of in Tuscaloosa like ten years ago lol

This is America, ain't nobody actually cultured
Thai places in particular are loving everywhere because the Thai government uses it as a form of diplomacy.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

delicious and warm diplomacy

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Such a better strategy than Shen Yun

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Victorious Radia posted:

i would simply live in places like detroit and chicago, where things aren't exactly perfect but it ain't tuscaloosa or loving south dakota lol

as a St. Louisan it pains me to admit how much I love Chicago, wanna move there or LA and Chicago is a loooooooooot easier/cheaper

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

chicago is trivially the best city I've lived in, it's not even close

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GD_American posted:

There's a thai rolled ice cream place in Rutherford, NJ with an elephant logo called Roll Thai'd

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

wtf i love alabama now??

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Chicago does rule

It's no New Orleans but it is great

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can Chicago transport itself somewhere far away from the lake?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pillsburysoldier posted:

Look on the bright side, at least FSU no longer had the shittiest end of the season.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Can Chicago transport itself somewhere far away from the lake?

that's one of the best parts!!

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

pillsburysoldier posted:

Such a better strategy than Shen Yun

Shen Yun is the opposite of government backed though

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Will Rogers back in the portal

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Most of these guys were going to be gone no matter what, but I know Powell and Muhammad just entered the portal today.

The transfer portal opening after a coaching change makes a ton of sense and players should always get to go where it's best for them, but a late cycle coaching change like this can really decimate a class. Hopefully we get another good offensive guy to convince Will Rogers and Cam Davis to stick around.

Edit: welp lol

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Even if we hire Grubb yesterday, which we should do, we've lost all our talent on both sides of the ball. We're beyond hosed next season, lol, lmao.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Victorious Radia posted:

the maroons havent been in the big 10 for years my friend

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

There's a thai rolled ice cream place in Rutherford, NJ with an elephant logo called Roll Thai'd

lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Manoueverable posted:

Even if we hire Grubb yesterday, which we should do, we've lost all our talent on both sides of the ball. We're beyond hosed next season, lol, lmao.

Well at least you guys got your shot with your great roster. Some of us didn't get that chance.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Adun posted:

Shen Yun is the opposite of government backed though

Well, it’s probably government backed too, just not by the Chinese government.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

RIP dawgs.

Our former coach is a coward!!!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i think about moving back to chicago some times but i think the weather would kill my wife

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

wandler20 posted:

Well at least you guys got your shot with your great roster. Some of us didn't get that chance.

Is it better to have had the shot and blown it horribly, or to have never had the shot at all?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

post hole digger posted:

i think about moving back to chicago some times but i think the weather would kill my wife

Nonsense, it'll be a balmy -25 next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

post hole digger posted:

the maroons havent been in the big 10 for years my friend

dont remind me...