Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I have so many characters to build I’m just getting him up to 60 for the tickets, then I’ll get back to him in 3 centuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm going to try my own characters first. Probably Pela, Quinque, Topaz, and Luocha/Fu Xuan.

Did the event with this team. Got 3,200 points. Fun game.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lmao, those goons who were complaining about how long the dialog is with Arlan before the event, it was like only 20 sentences. Not even enough to fill out a page.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

who the heck is adventurine

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

respect to the artist for the male boob window

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Dudes have boobs and someone at Mihoyo wants people to keep that in mind (see also: Ratio, Dragon Dan)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Radical posted:

respect to the artist for the male boob window

It's only fair.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Male enjoyers also enjoy fanservice, who would have guessed.

On another note, I decided to ignore the trial characters and threw tiles and a pig at the problem deer and got over 3k. Was fun even though I was getting pretty poo poo luck with QQ. I really wish I had her e5 and 6. Love QQ. Tiles solves all problems.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Now they need to give Kafka that suit. Do it for the lesbians (specifically, me)

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
GIVE KAFKA THE SUIT

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

give kafka a boot to the head

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It was pretty satisfying to just stonewall Kafka when she's trying to rope you into doing poo poo.

"Well okaaaay but if you refuse you know you'll have nothing to do with anything that happens from here on out right?"

Bitch that's the point. I got trashcans that are more interesting than your bullshit.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
well whaddya know, i AM hilariously bad at this game. failed the buff deer with a B on manual and cleared with an SS on auto with the same drat team. humbling

Traveller posted:

Dudes have boobs and someone at Mihoyo wants people to keep that in mind (see also: Ratio, Dragon Dan)

and blade and sampo and luka’s sideboob. honorable mentions to al haitham, kaeya, kaveh, heizou and kevin. you could argue for billy kid. probably more that i’m forgetting. there is a very dedicated male tit appreciator at that company

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It was pretty satisfying to just stonewall Kafka when she's trying to rope you into doing poo poo.

"Well okaaaay but if you refuse you know you'll have nothing to do with anything that happens from here on out right?"

Bitch that's the point. I got trashcans that are more interesting than your bullshit.

I wasn't brave enough to completely skip that quest. Its funny thats an option though.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I wasn't brave enough to completely skip that quest. Its funny thats an option though.

It's great, but I don't believe the game will respect the choice not to have anything more to do with Kafka. I rejected her quest and still ended up sending the Stellaron Hunters pics of their critter lookalikes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

you are a tasteless coward, good day

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Lmao. That rules.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

coolusername posted:

Now they need to give Kafka that suit. Do it for the lesbians (specifically, me)

I'll even get Bladies and Wolfie's suit skins too. Do it Mihoyo

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was just expecting a but thou must situation, lmao that they actually let you do that.

Kale
May 14, 2010

MNSNTZR posted:

pun unintended, i’m waiting to see where the dice rolls on him being kaeya with terrible fashion sense personality-wise

… gently caress, i hope the hat comes off

My sense is he's Topaz without the soft touch and not necessarily gonna be our friend. All the parties being invited to Penacony seem pretty sleazy in some way to be honest. Like it's basically every shady character we've bumped into up to this point and then some new ones by the looks of it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just auto-battled Kafka from the new event, SS rank on 1st try. Used trial characters (used my own cracked RM instead of the trial one) + Bronya + Huohuo. Picked the Basic Attack buff and the Action Advance buff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Trial characters, Luocha, Clara. 3,300 points on auto. Kafka barely moved.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Both times I’ve gotten SS just by grabbing sustains/supports and letting the trial characters annihilate it on auto.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Dr. Ratio is a pretty realistic representation of what happens when a turbonerd is too swole to be stuffed into a locker by bullies.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the event seems designed on purpose where the trial characters WILL get you through Normal difficulty as long as you have decent supports so most players can get all of the Jade rewards

it's the Despair mode where it's going to be actually difficult - but those just give credits. it's bragging rights.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Symphoric posted:

Dr. Ratio is a pretty realistic representation of what happens when a turbonerd is too swole to be stuffed into a locker by bullies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhvLG8JD52M

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Not sure if this has been posted already since I just saw it this morning, but new redemption codes:

2AQA294J5R37 - 50 Stellar Jade and 10,000 Credits
HSRGALAXY23 - 50 Stellar Jade and 10,000 Credits
NB9TKRMK5R23 - 50 Stellar Jade and 10,000 Credits
STARRAILGIFT - 50 Stellar Jade, two Traveler's Guide, five Bottled Soda, 10,000 Credits

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

doing a run, managed to get the double credits, and gold coin and silver coin in a non-company run.
got to like 6k credits and got the one that spends it all for crit dam lol

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

GateOfD posted:

doing a run, managed to get the double credits, and gold coin and silver coin in a non-company run.
got to like 6k credits and got the one that spends it all for crit dam lol

Add in that dice face where you can reforge curios and then cheat to get the silver coin over and over for some real fun.

Ofc it's finicky due to the high RNG you need for that to work so it's not really practical

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

qbert posted:

Not sure if this has been posted already since I just saw it this morning, but new redemption codes:

2AQA294J5R37 - 50 Stellar Jade and 10,000 Credits
HSRGALAXY23 - 50 Stellar Jade and 10,000 Credits
NB9TKRMK5R23 - 50 Stellar Jade and 10,000 Credits
STARRAILGIFT - 50 Stellar Jade, two Traveler's Guide, five Bottled Soda, 10,000 Credits

I'd used all of those, so they're not new new, for sure.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The first three codes were new for me, but STARRAILGIFT has been a permanent code since release

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

silvergoose posted:

I'd used all of those, so they're not new new, for sure.

They were all new for me, and I usually do all the ones I encounter in this thread.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My Ratio is only level 70, and his skill is only at 6, and he still does 20k+ with his follow-up. I've been testing him with different supports, and I think I like Bronya the best. Sadly, that means he pretty much has to have Silver Wolf on his team if I want to avoid rng. I could go with Welt with Resolution Shines, but that means putting him and Bronya on alternating skill-basic rotations, which gets tricky for me to manage.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I am liking Ratio with Topaz. Ratio uses his skill, Ratio throws a column, Topaz throws Numby, Ratio throws a column, Numby dashes in on his own, Ratio throws a column...

Experimenting with whether I want Herta in that 3-slot or someone more like Asta for general purposes.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Ratio with Topaz is feeling really nice. I have her LC which I think adds another debuff as well, so I’m not sure if I need another debuffer? I have been using SW with them so far which might be overkill.

Was thinking if Hanya might be worth slotting in. It’s Mr. Ratio Topaz Huohuo - ratio needs a skill use every turn (if I understand correctly), Huohuo needs a skill every third turn to keep her passive cleanse up. So if I wanted to use Topaz’s skill more often rather than basic attacks Hanya seems like she would be good, and could boost Ratio’s speed to get more follow ups. I’ll need to mess with it more though since I haven’t really felt out who the best support would be yet (don’t have Bronya since standard and lost 50/50 only gives me Welts and Bailus, and don’t have Ruan Mei since I got a Welt instead).

I should be seeing if I win the Ratio LC tomorrow…with my string of poor luck I’m hoping it turns around and I get it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ratio and Topaz are fun too, but I don't have her lc, which does give an additional debuff. SW is definitely overkill. Ratio with Topaz still requires another debuffer for me, but Bronya just makes him hit harder. Plus, I get an excuse to use Bronya, and she's usually only used with Argenti.

As always, the team will change depending on my whims and needs. Ratio with Kafka is actually pretty fun, too, but you need to use Sampo as a neutral support.

I'm also trying for the lc, but I'm about 20 pulls away from hard pity, and I can only do single pulls as I get them. And it's on a 50/50.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

unfortunately my Blade has been missing action, because the hits in G&G is too hard to risk him being low hp.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Traveller posted:

It's great, but I don't believe the game will respect the choice not to have anything more to do with Kafka. I rejected her quest and still ended up sending the Stellaron Hunters pics of their critter lookalikes.

I’m pretty sure I sent a picture to Blade before the idea of him had been introduced to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

finished up my Herta and managed to get 40k on one side of the last two stages, but the other stage, I'm struck at like 28k-32k