Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
N:

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1748088412987334670?t=TASLtBBxlgcbejwTaw_O5w&s=19

V:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKDX4WcJ71I

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I was really enjoying this until I saw Kyle Williams.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

I was really enjoying this until I saw Kyle Williams.

:sigh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This RG3/Jay Gruden back and forth is getting funny.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a neat cape posted:

This RG3/Jay Gruden back and forth is getting funny.

Well don’t leave us hanging

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Well don’t leave us hanging

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1748163683031638410

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gruden ain’t looking good in all this that’s for sure

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Coach_JayGruden/status/1748180455105458610

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Lol RGIII owns

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I remember RGIII looked pretty electric his rookie year. Both games vs the Giants were close, I think Victor Cruz had a last min 70 yard TD to ice the game. The game @ WAS I think we lost, but it was close. I dunno poo poo was over 10 years ago.

Shame he blew out his knee and sucked.

e: lol its all on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2InxFdibnw

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 19, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
RG3 blaming everyone else for him flaming out is pretty funny

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Yeah Jay, this sure makes rg3 look bad I guess.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait are we pretending he wasn’t turbo hosed by everyone in power or is having hot takes a mod thing

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nodoze posted:

Uh, Mike Shanahan basically tried to murder him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait are we pretending he wasn’t turbo hosed by everyone in power or is having hot takes a mod thing

He was, and he also sucked.

They aren't mutually exclusive

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, like Mac Jones. He was failed, he also sucks, but he was clearly failed by the coaching / talent around him.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Nodoze posted:

yeah, if there's one thing that's not credible it's a claim that other people negatively impacted your career while playing for a franchise owned by Dan Snyder and a brilliant coach like Jay Gruden

he should've just wanted it more while playing on a field that sent his career on a nosedive in less than a year's time, no excuses!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There were ten weeks there where it didn't look like he could be stopped.

Just too good a runner and passer for defenses to be able to do anything.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah. He performed well in the Shanahan offense and was unstoppable until the Seattle playoff game and the divot

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
He initially got hurt in the game against the Ravens when he dove straight into Haloti Ngata. Then Kirk Cousins completed their comeback and they won which caused the firing of Cam Cameron. Then they inexplicably had him back out there in the playoff game against Seattle where everyone knew it was a bad idea especially with the condition of the field and to no one's surprised he had a major knee injury and was never the same after.

He absolutely didn't "suck" that season. He looked like he was going to be a major force for years to come but his recklessness and that field condition is what ended his starting career. That's why I always appreciate how Lamar mostly doesn't do that kind of thing and is good at avoiding major hits despite not really sliding a lot

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

a neat cape posted:

He was, and he also sucked.

They aren't mutually exclusive

Yeah this. It sucks he got hurt, but laying the blame entirely at Shanahan is dumb. RG3 wasn't good enough as a passer to succeed in the NFL after he couldn't run as well as he used to

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If only there was a position that could help him with that

Someone to coach him if you will

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Yeah this. It sucks he got hurt, but laying the blame entirely at Shanahan is dumb. RG3 wasn't good enough as a passer to succeed in the NFL after he couldn't run as well as he used to

What does this have to do with Jay Gruden being a baby back bitch though??

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Nodoze posted:

too bad his career got derailed unnecessarily, perhaps he should have considered just being great anyways afterwards

pretty big mistake to not just do that, I wouldn't have let incompetent ownership and coaching stop me

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

He couldn’t run as well as he used to because his coaches destroyed his knee. Lamar and Allen took a while to develop into NFL tier passers and wouldn’t have gotten the chance if they couldn’t run.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of ruined Shanahan projects, is Trey Lance done-done? I feel like I haven’t heard his name all year

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CharlestheHammer posted:

The NFL should look into this. Could be revolutionary.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

AndrewP posted:

Speaking of ruined Shanahan projects, is Trey Lance done-done? I feel like I haven’t heard his name all year

He's third-string on the Cowboys, so it feels like he's just never going to get the development or playing time he needed. It's a shame, because I think he could have turned out really well with a couple years as a starter under Shanahan.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
yeah unless some team wants to handle that raw project hes gonna be bench warming for a while

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

2012 Washington:
  • Offensive coordinator – Kyle Shanahan
  • Quarterbacks – Matt LaFleur
  • Tight ends – Sean McVay
  • Offensive assistant – Mike McDaniel

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He is a really unfortunate development arc. Injury, injury injury, no playing time. Then when he was healthy, he was afraid to make any mistakes so took a while to warm up. Then he got pissed because Purdy was named starter and demanded a trade. I can't think of any other high draft pick that had as frustrating a start to a career as his.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

SKULL.GIF posted:

2012 Washington:
  • Offensive coordinator – Kyle Shanahan
  • Quarterbacks – Matt LaFleur
  • Tight ends – Sean McVay
  • Offensive assistant – Mike McDaniel

And none of that mattered because Mike Shanahan never wanted to draft him in the first place and didn't really care if he got ruined or not.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1748374232055029978

1:47 :hmmyes:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Freaquency posted:

What does this have to do with Jay Gruden being a baby back bitch though??

He's definitely a petty bitch

The337th posted:

too bad his career got derailed unnecessarily, perhaps he should have considered just being great anyways afterwards

pretty big mistake to not just do that, I wouldn't have let incompetent ownership and coaching stop me

I'm not saying he didn't WANT to be good

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

This is violence against my people :mad:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Oh word? Why do you think he couldn’t run as well as he used to?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Black Lighter posted:

This is violence against my people :mad:

Luv 2 watch McNabb just stare at his guy.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1748377965396742560?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Harbs reads TFF and saw as all melting down about ruining the vibes