Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

IIRC those anti-smoking campaigns were in fact paid for in part by the tobacco companies, which is why they were annoying and counter-productive.

They were 100% created by Big Tobacco as part of the lawsuit they lost.

Frankly, it's pretty drat smart of them to make commercials so bad that it makes people want to smoke just to spite them. And Big Tobacco can just go, "We technically did what we were supposed to do. :shrug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

gonna repeat itself with whatever new anti-vaping campaigns come out.

Maybe letting the industry produce their own anti-consumption ads was a mistake? ....nahhhhh

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Has anyone told the states that Joe Exotic has escaped prison and fled to Finland?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

This guy was a goon but I think he might? be permabanned; iirc he did other comic strips that went past edgelord territory and into jesus-christ-wtf-is-wrong-with-you country

[edit] looks like all that stuff is on full display past the link, yike

root beer has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Jan 22, 2024

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Phosphine posted:

Has anyone told the states that Joe Exotic has escaped prison and fled to Finland?

Finland, Jr.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dance McPants posted:

gonna repeat itself with whatever new anti-vaping campaigns come out.

Maybe letting the industry produce their own anti-consumption ads was a mistake? ....nahhhhh

Come to PA where the state government is constantly telling you not to drive drunk, that alcohol will kill you, that you shouldn't drink, but also advertising their vodka specials because the government owns and operates the liquor stores.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

root beer posted:

This guy was a goon but I think he might? be permabanned; iirc he did other comic strips that went past edgelord territory and into jesus-christ-wtf-is-wrong-with-you country

[edit] looks like all that stuff is on full display past the link, yike

Also notoriously told a story about how he got permission to say the n word and looked really bad

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Soul Dentist posted:

Also notoriously told a story about how he got permission to say the n word and looked really bad

Yeah that flameout was legendary.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Heath posted:

No, it's "Fa-Xanadu," short for Famicom Xanadu. There was a game for PCs called Xanadu but this one was made for console.

gosh I know about Xanadu, part of the excessive Dragon Slayer series whose sub-serieses are still being produced today with the latest being the itself excessive Trails serieses, but I could swear I read that Faux-Xanadu interpretation somewhere that seemed credible.

Well, uh... the Pendant in the game actually LOWERS your attack power instead of raising it! The flags are switched so you start with the boost, and lose it when you pick the item up. I KNEW I wasn't crazy as a kid!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Faxanadu is one of the few NES games to get a post-launch "patch." The original release has a very difficult to read faux Gothic font and later copies of the game have a nice clean sans serif. I had the later version and I was very confused when a ROM I played later was so hard to read.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
not quite my favorite nor a picture but I must ruin someone else’s day
https://i.imgur.com/Ma84uSE.mp4

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

system shock 2 reboot looking rad

also, this is cursed so i crossposted it to the correct thread

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Pookah posted:

Another great addition to my collection of politicians with insane hair!

Javier Milei would like a word.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I haven't thought about salad fingers in years.

Leon Sumbitches has a new favorite as of 03:53 on Jan 23, 2024

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Cable Guy posted:

Javier Milei would like a word.

jim traficant-rear end toupee

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Yes, I know it’s not spelled that way.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

They grow up so fast....

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I was trying to remember this thing I always hated as a kid when I found this in particular.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Anything to avoid using the metric system.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/gWSLILG.mp4

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Where can I find more of this

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Soul Dentist posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redd_Foxx

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_%26_Martin%27s_Laugh-In

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I guess I meant where can I find the rest of the sketch

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Soul Dentist posted:

probably on tv

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

You seem unsure of what you want. I would not feel comfortable answering your question with all this ambiguity in the air. I am sorry

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Reminds of one of the very few political comments Bill Cosby ever made durig a show. Possibly the only one.

It was at the end of "200MPH," his bit about Carroll Shelby shaming him into buying a Cobra instead of Ferraris, and how just starting the car literally scared the poo poo out of him. He hands the keys to the delivering mechanic ("Bob") and tells him to deliver the car to George Wallace.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Zopotantor posted:

Anything to avoid using the metric system.

I mean, they've gotta cave and add football fields as an official unit eventually

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Don't just take the cheap display sluts up front. The best ones are often in the back.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I hope that isn't like the tequila I bought the other week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

It's kind of like that, only it comes with a different type of worm you can suck on.