Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

smoobles posted:

what's the consensus on McDonalds coffee

imagine a machine as dirty as the ice maker but warm to promote the growth of bacteria. that’s mccafe baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

smoobles posted:

what's the consensus on McDonalds coffee

beats the gas station and Tim Hortons for sure. Americano is drinkable

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Karach posted:

beats the gas station

you have lovely gas stations then.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

ArmedZombie posted:

you have lovely gas stations then.

the gas station people aren't very happy with me

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

spiking this cup with a little bleach to protect against covid

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Karach posted:

the gas station people aren't very happy with me

:eyepop:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

eSports Chaebol posted:

imagine a machine as dirty as the ice maker but warm to promote the growth of bacteria. that’s mccafe baby

Hey, that 208 degree water used to brew the coffee is almost killing the bacteria :mad:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Sharps posted:

reminds me, i once had coffee from beans that were “aged” in old burbon casks and it was vile. grinding it stank like an old still, and it tasted about the same.

bourbon aged anything is a vile gimmick

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Nix Panicus posted:

bourbon aged anything is a vile gimmick

I've been saying this! Those barrels are literal trash that have no other use after they're used to make bourbon!

They should just start reusing the casks honestly. Would probably make for some pretty nice bourbon-y bourbon

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Mr. Sharps posted:

why not try for a hat trick

just completed the triple crown

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

coffeefe

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

it’s that time again (coffee time)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

neither of my kids was very interested in either sleeping or letting me sleep last night so i am drinking some extra coffee today

godo job

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I haven’t been sleeping right lately so I’m going to try toning down the coffee a bit. i think my grinder holds about three ounces of beans and I usually pack it full so I guess I’m going to try… less? Seems to go against thread wisdom which is more more more

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

everybody slept better last night but im sitll tired... coffee time.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

TehSaurus posted:

I haven’t been sleeping right lately so I’m going to try toning down the coffee a bit. i think my grinder holds about three ounces of beans and I usually pack it full so I guess I’m going to try… less? Seems to go against thread wisdom which is more more more

Use a scale, TehSaurus

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

my tummy hurts but im drinking coffee anyway

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
'll have some mcdonalds iced coffee now and then but i gotta ask for no sweetener because they load so much into it and its way too much for me

also i always forget a mcdonalds large iced coffee is the same size as their large sodas and jfc that's so much

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Yet a large orange juice there is the size of a small soda :mad:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I handled those flavored Kona beans yesterday and my hands smelled like a Sheetz all day.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i just drank some coffee after eating an orange and it tasted wild

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

RadiRoot posted:

i just drank some coffee after eating an orange and it tasted wild

a twist of orange in a cappuccino or mocha is pretty nice give it a shot

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i know that feel

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

yeah

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

good thing time doesn't exist

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ArmedZombie posted:

good thing time doesn't exist

Its always time for coffee

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Karach posted:

Use a scale, TehSaurus

man that feels like some effort but you might be on to something

Jan 25, 2024
The war over the Internet digs ever deeper into Psychotic territory

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

TehSaurus posted:

man that feels like some effort but you might be on to something

I use a little weed scale. If you're feelin fancy you can pair it with the little pouring bowl thingy

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

oh dang that is pretty sweet. I don’t have a weed scale but I do have a food scale which I’m sure would work just fine. I’m sure I can just put the grinder on the before i tare it

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TehSaurus posted:

oh dang that is pretty sweet. I don’t have a weed scale but I do have a food scale which I’m sure would work just fine. I’m sure I can just put the grinder on the before i tare it

Is there something preventing you from measuring the coffee before putting it in the grinder? I'm sure you can find a small bowl or something to put on the food scale.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Measure with your heart. Its not like its possible for coffee to be too strong, just add a little water and have a second cup!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
no coffee today.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
and you guessed it......no dump.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
keep me posted

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

shoulda asked in here first. i bought a grinder and some beans on amazon. i got the cheapest poo poo i possibly could, two pounds of Cameron's brand for $10. anyone had it before? the reviews are good

but also after this bag, what's good cheap coffee i can have shipped in? grocery stores in my neighborhood are lovely and expensive

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
if i wasnt buying irl id probably try one of those coffee subscriptions.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

shoulda asked in here first. i bought a grinder and some beans on amazon. i got the cheapest poo poo i possibly could, two pounds of Cameron's brand for $10. anyone had it before? the reviews are good

but also after this bag, what's good cheap coffee i can have shipped in? grocery stores in my neighborhood are lovely and expensive

I think that's gonna depend a lot on what kind of coffee you enjoy or want to try. Personally I like light or medium roast arabica the best.

If you drink a lot of coffee and want to get some nicer beans you can sometimes get good value with five pound bags. Avoid the Starbucks stuff, it generally sucks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Got my poo poo in.