Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

redshirt posted:

What would be your role in the SGC? On an SG team? Scientist? Medical staff? Cafeteria staff? Sgt who dials the gate on the 3rd shift?

put me on SG13 and let me die for SG1's motivation. i am a kowalski ready for the abbatoir of drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
One of the schmucks working with refugees resettled on earth.

Please Teal'c just let Fraiser sew up the stomach pocket at least. You get in an accident, and we're trying to mind wipe a hospital.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I would be an observer from the government that threatens to cancel the program

InteliWasp
Jan 9, 2015
I just found out a Stargate game released today. Stargate timekeepers

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I'd be a scientist but, like, one of the lame scientists that only exists for Carter to show up.

If I'm lucky, I get a recurring character slot being useless and one day in my moment of glory say something that inspires Carter to think of the actual right answer.

Me: "That's impossible! They'd have to be moving in four dimensions!"
Carter: "Four dimensions... or three dimensions and and one extra!"

Me, later, drinking in the cafeteria with the other D-tier scientists: "An, and I said, FOUR dimensions! Which was basically almost the answer! I helped!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Log082 posted:

I'd be a scientist but, like, one of the lame scientists that only exists for Carter to show up.

If I'm lucky, I get a recurring character slot being useless and one day in my moment of glory say something that inspires Carter to think of the actual right answer.

Me, later, drinking in the cafeteria with the other D-tier scientists: "An, and I said, FOUR dimensions! Which was basically almost the answer! I helped!"

lol that's perfect.

Rank your D-Tier scientists. And let me remind you that Dr. Lee was pretty awesome. He stood up to Carter, once.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Log082 posted:

you really earnt that glass of jelly

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

lol that's perfect.

Rank your D-Tier scientists. And let me remind you that Dr. Lee was pretty awesome. He stood up to Carter, once.

lee > coombs >literally every cast member who ever did anything that can be considered science > the annoying sexist guy > felcher

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Who was that backup archeologist? Poor lad got Goa'ulded.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

As for me, Geologist, currently with SG17 on a 3 month survey of the Naquadah deposits on PX3-R79.

It ain't much, but it's honest work.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm one of the moron science crew who are "pretty sure" there isn't a recall device on the goa'uld shuttle SG-whichever is repurposing to save the day :ohdear:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

redshirt posted:

As for me, Geologist, currently with SG17 on a 3 month survey of the Naquadah deposits on PX3-R79.

It ain't much, but it's honest work.

You’d think there’d be a lot fewer geologists in the Air Force.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

well why not posted:

You’d think there’d be a lot fewer geologists in the Air Force.

Contractor.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

trying to get the general to let me visit P4X-639 so i can clear out my steam backlog but he keeps calling security because im an "intruder" and "in a highly restricted area"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I'd either be yet another person fed up with Felger/McKay or the one making the blue jell-o so tempting.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

I'm a scientist doing field research with a team off world whose bodies/mysteriously deserted camp is found by SG1.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Maybe I can be the guy making up the cover stories when things escape from Cheyenne mountain.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp-DW-2bq2U

im on the backup team to the planet they mention using as a relay

E: also this just came up in my youtube recs after searching for that video, and im abt to watch the chulak out of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU1jQ2gTFdE

Worf fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 24, 2024

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

redshirt posted:

What would be your role in the SGC? On an SG team? Scientist? Medical staff? Cafeteria staff? Sgt who dials the gate on the 3rd shift?

3rd shift gate dialer sounds about right. And you know what I'm just happy to be a part of the team!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MakaVillian posted:

3rd shift gate dialer sounds about right. And you know what I'm just happy to be a part of the team!

Having to say "Chevron seven is secured" because Walter got all huffy and pissy when he found out you were saying it was locked because that's his thing, not yours.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

redshirt posted:

Your forum name doesn’t suggest a good assignment for you

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

snergle posted:

the annoying sexist guy

Rodney?! I have bad news about Atlantis...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Your forum name doesn’t suggest a good assignment for you

What could go wrong? It's just a straightforward geologic survey.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

Jack is often flippant, rude and undiplomatic. First official contact with the Tok'ra (Season 2), and he's openly mocking them, disgusted with them, etc.

The Stargate movie is the worst example of what you're referring to IMO. The other two SG members are openly bullying Daniel, throwing his research down a hill, etc.

No you're thinking of O'Neil not O'Neill

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

im gonna bully daniel for keeping his genitals on the outside

E: lol children of the gods is on pluto tv rn and this exchange is funny af

Sam: So daniel tell me more abt shar'e howd u meet?
Daniel: Nerd noises
Jack: she was a gift!

Worf fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 24, 2024

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

InteliWasp posted:

I just found out a Stargate game released today. Stargate timekeepers

Reviews are dire. Here's a random one but biggest complaint No Stargates. It's shoveware bad game that they bought an IP to slap on as a coat of paint, unsalvageable by the looks.

They are brave enough to have a demo though

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 24, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i played the demo, its atrocious, theres zero redeeming qualities or reason to play this game

youd be better off playing any other game and listening to stargate music if you wanted a stargate experience

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Worf posted:

youd be better off playing any other game and listening to stargate music if you wanted a stargate experience
... I'm gonna do this with Palworld

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Having to say "Chevron seven is secured" because Walter got all huffy and pissy when he found out you were saying it was locked because that's his thing, not yours.

I think I would say "Chevron seven is engaged!" as an homage to Captain Picard.

Then I would go fart on Walter's pillow and give him pinkeye because he's such a baby.

Edit: IGN seemed to really like Stargate Timekeepers :shrug:

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 25, 2024

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

MakaVillian posted:

I think I would say "Chevron seven is engaged!" as an homage to Captain Picard.

Then I would go fart on Walter's pillow and give him pinkeye because he's such a baby.

Edit: IGN seemed to really like Stargate Timekeepers :shrug:

"Chevron 7....ready to ROCK THE gently caress OUT! GIVE IT TO ME SLY!!!!"

*Sylvester Siler guitar solo, complete with stunts and explosions*

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

alexandriao posted:

No you're thinking of O'Neil not O'Neill

lol, I just watched that episode.

This is the first time I’ve actually watched SG1 and I’m really enjoying it. The writing is pretty solid so far and the actors, even the guest actors for one off episodes seem really good.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I look forward to buying the new video game in a bundle with 5 other things for $8 in the near future.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it owns that you dial the gate like a rotary phone because thats what the ancient studio execs think of when they think of dialling

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

pixaal posted:

Rodney?! I have bad news about Atlantis...

the one who is the nids gate expert and pervs on carter all the time. the episode with the ancient time travel thing he is also in daniel / carters role and a huge dick to daniel and of course pervs on carter.

i hope he isnt on like w/e the sg1 of atlantis is and is like idk their doc fraiser or something

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i prefer rod over rodney

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

blatman posted:

it owns that you dial the gate like a rotary phone because thats what the ancient studio execs think of when they think of dialling

Look, the General says he wants it to spin, you make it spin.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

pixaal posted:

Reviews are dire. Here's a random one but biggest complaint No Stargates. It's shoveware bad game that they bought an IP to slap on as a coat of paint, unsalvageable by the looks.

They are brave enough to have a demo though

Oh, platoon.

I thought you played as a nonbinary cartoon :(

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Worf posted:

i prefer rod over rodney
You mean Meredith?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, I just watched that episode.

This is the first time I’ve actually watched SG1 and I’m really enjoying it. The writing is pretty solid so far and the actors, even the guest actors for one off episodes seem really good.

Welcome to the SGC! Where are you in your watch? Still season 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

the harsesisisis child was a cool concept but the episodes involving him are lame af

i will say tho that michael shanks is really good at playing an unrepentant anus