Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Garfield!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

steinrokkan posted:

My guess is that overdraft fees keep the brutish masses from irresponsibly living beyond their means

It's this. Eliminating overdraft fees will just give them more incentive to spend money they don't have!

SOme decent avatar material here

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/m0destma0ist/status/1750587140097085705?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Aztec Galactus posted:

Idiocy drives engagement

Idiots are always engaged by things they see, it's called rubbernecking

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not beating those pizzagate allegations

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

zoux posted:

Not beating those pizzagate allegations
actually the preferred nomenclature is now Congestion Surcharge for Automobiles and Motorcycles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah let me just type that url into my browser so google and all the data brokers know I was interested in it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cat botherer posted:

actually the preferred nomenclature is now Congestion Surcharge for Automobiles and Motorcycles

lol

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1750926924921339939

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

You could post the image too, since twitter autocrops it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

lmao

Guess this is Dilbert now

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Scott Adams out there performing ocular patdowns

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
In fairness to Scott Adams he does have the vibe of a man that inspires random people walking down the street to spontaneously give him a wedgie, he probably has the urge to stick his head in the toilet and flush every time he looks in the mirror, poor guy really is living in fear

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's funny because 90s Dilbert was all about how "women have their guard up all the time and are suspicious even of nice guys like me" a lot of the time whenever gender relations were mentioned.

Now he's all like "women are clueless and naive, only men are aware that we're in a civil war", presumably with Black people, but maybe with women too?

Of course he's an MRA so he can simultaneously believe both dumb ideas.

And he already declared war on Mexico back then.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Silly women not knowing what's it like to constantly be vigilant for threats of violence

1 in 5 :sigh:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Give him some credit, man preemptively killed his own son out of fear of coming violence, you have to admit that's a level above most people.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dilbert devouring his own Dilberito (son flavored)

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

steinrokkan posted:

Hopefully without an erection like the painting originally had.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

the historical record must categorically state that the dilberito failed because if you ate one it made you have to fart so much and so constantly that you would be cramped up with constant poo gas for the rest of the day

and that's not a Real Truth like taser balls guy, that's actually real and it must always be relevant to the story of scott adams techbronocratic hubris

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

If you have not listened to the Behind the Bastards podcast on Adam's history, you absolutely should. The man has a messianic complex, and nothing in the world will convince him that he isn't God's super special little wonderkid.

Edit: and it quotes Adams on how the Dilberito was just a gastro nightmare, an evil witch's concoction of all the things farterous

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's funny about this is that Stancil has been going after the "scientific" racists for the last two days so Rufo is admitting his feed is chock full of eugenicists and other lesser racists.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

zoux posted:

What's funny about this is that Stancil has been going after the "scientific" racists for the last two days so Rufo is admitting his feed is chock full of eugenicists and other lesser racists.

I don't see how it's admitting that at all

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Staluigi posted:

the historical record must categorically state that the dilberito failed because if you ate one it made you have to fart so much and so constantly that you would be cramped up with constant poo gas for the rest of the day

and that's not a Real Truth like taser balls guy, that's actually real and it must always be relevant to the story of scott adams techbronocratic hubris

"You'll fart your intestines into a tail" is how he described it, as I recall.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

reignonyourparade posted:

I don't see how it's admitting that at all

Rufo is an actual "anti-CRT activist" professionally, so he definitely does have that in his feed.

What he is admitting is that he doesn't follow Stancil, but Stancil has been in his feed all week because the "scientific racists" he follows have been quoting and arguing with him. He never saw him until this week because he never saw a post of his until the "race realists" and "scientific racists" started quoting him in arguments.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

steinrokkan posted:

Took a few tries to get 'round the old filter:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"You'll fart your intestines into a tail" is how he described it, as I recall.

That is a colorful sentence

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Guavanaut posted:

It's funny because 90s Dilbert was all about how "women have their guard up all the time and are suspicious even of nice guys like me" a lot of the time whenever gender relations were mentioned.

I remember a lot of the jokes coming at Dilbert’s expense because he was an awkward nerd who was better with computers than people. I guess the strip changed from that

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah most of it was Office Space style "cubicle work bad, boss stupid" jokes, but most of the women seemed to be angry and hypervigilant, whereas most of the men seemed to be 'nice guy' dorks who were bad at people.

Which is about par for the course for 90s workplace humor, but nice reversal from Scott that now men are warrior mindset tactical threat analysts and women are clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nvckip7qxk

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah most of it was Office Space style "cubicle work bad, boss stupid" jokes, but most of the women seemed to be angry and hypervigilant, whereas most of the men seemed to be 'nice guy' dorks who were bad at people.

Which is about par for the course for 90s workplace humor, but nice reversal from Scott that now men are warrior mindset tactical threat analysts and women are clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nvckip7qxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulO6zr9svjA

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Guavanaut posted:

That has a real "harsh penalties are the only thing that stops them stealing food, and if we didn't stop that they would eat all the food, being irresponsible and with no thought for the future, and then we would all starve" vibe to it.

I'm so glad this is a thing which happened. If only history contained more instanced of mayors being hit in the head with a cheese wheel.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This has anabolic steroids in it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I'm not sure which is sadder/funnier: That the conspiracy theory that Taylor Swift was a nobody who the government made popular in 2024 in order to have her endorse Joe Biden and swing the election is driven by people cynically thinking their viewers are actually brain dead or that people really had never heard of Taylor Swift until 2024 and genuinely think that.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

She got really pissy at John Cleese on Graham Norton once. Haven't really seen her in anything else.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Football is an op designed to get men into the Taylor Swift fandom

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lol at the idea of a white cishet country singer being woke propaganda. the right always eats its own children

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's like to see the truly natural and organic pop stars who simply appear fully grown in the cabbage patch, I guess

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
No, I have it on good authority that cabbage patch kids were manufactured

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Rappaport posted:

She got really pissy at John Cleese on Graham Norton once. Haven't really seen her in anything else.

I'm sure he deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

He insulted her cat :ohdear: