Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I don't speak Linux but that sounds cool. It will be integrated into existing tools like heroic and lutris? Might be a lot less fuckery involved getting other games to work which is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Automata 10 Pack posted:

After I used emudecks rom manager to add some game roms to my library, my OS got a little more funky. Like if I move too fast between categories it snaps back to great on deck, and some more lagginess in general. Anybody else had this issue? The roms are on my sd card.

There was definitely some lagginess going on in the Collections tab for a long time. Although it seems just recently it got resolved for me (I'm on the Preview channel). From what I understand hardware acceleration was turned off in Big Picture Mode. There's an option to enable or disable it on PC, but not on Deck in gaming mode. You may be able to enable it from Desktop mode and it may carry over to gaming mode.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Shuka posted:

gently caress yeah road redemption used to play the gently caress out of that with my roommates

Its so good.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Just got a steam deck and Im loving this so much with moonlight now that Ive got moonlight buddy set up. It took me a while to notice the extra icon on steam games.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

beep by grandpa posted:

I just got ONI (edgelord bungie game from like 2002) working on my steam deck, the PC version. Its controls are awesome like Q to pick up guns, F to punch, C to kick, right-control (and ONLY right-control to interact with objects), F1 to go into your mission journal etc, etc. I have solved so many dozens of problems on my steam deck but for the life of me this is the second time now I have spent significant time doing this, I just cannot figure out how to create and save a controller layout and have it be available to use in another game (I need ONI's layout twice because of a fan patch and an un-fan patch ver I'm experimenting with). I just can't figure it out. I don't want to share it with the community, just me. It's really frustrating and I have several times lost my entire hosed up layout some of these old games require trying to export. Help :eng99:

Also once you share it, link it here or tell us the exact name because I wanna play that poo poo again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lutris has an installer for MW4: Mercs now lol, no config changes needed

Works great!

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Coffee Jones posted:

the other day I went to Gamestop and they tried to sell me on a Razer branded nursing pillow with LEDs

ok but hear me out here: nursing pillow with build in cooling fans

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Also once you share it, link it here or tell us the exact name because I wanna play that poo poo again.

Doesn't Steam have some system for sharing custom controller mappings through Steam Community? This was for the Steam Controller but I can't imagine why they would not keep that for the Deck.

Edit: I guess that's exactly what you're talking about but then I guess my assumption that 100 mappings would already be on there for this game is wrong?

Griefor fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 27, 2024

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Griefor posted:

Doesn't Steam have some system for sharing custom controller mappings through Steam Community? This was for the Steam Controller but I can't imagine why they would not keep that for the Deck.

For non-Steam games like Oni, controller mappings are shared according to how you named the game. So if someone else has the game added as "Oni", and they create a config, then you can see and use that config if you also have the game added to Steam as "Oni".

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Is there a way to stop this popup from showing up every time I open the controller interface?

It started appearing a couple updates ago and it's annoying to need to press an extra button to make a popup go away when I'm just trying to change the controller order.

e; apparently posting about it resolved the problem. somehow. for some reason clicking the help button and clicking through all the tutorial dialogues made it go away.

Schir fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 27, 2024

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Risutora posted:

ok but hear me out here: nursing pillow with build in cooling fans

It would serve the dual purpose of dissipating my farts more effectively throughout the room.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
Re: Tekken 8

I got it running and am using the graphic settings suggested by Digital Foundry (TSR, everything on low except shadows on medium), it looks and plays great.

I've been trying to play ranked though and getting consistently disconnected midmatch. I tried googling it and it seems to be a common issue among some games on Linux. For the record I've played a ton of Street Fighter 6 online on the Deck and it's never been an issue... Has anyone run into a similar issue and were you able to fix it?

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
I once again ask, aside from installing Windows, is there any way to play Insurgency:Sandstorm Multiplayer on Steam Deck?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DildenAnders posted:

I once again ask, aside from installing Windows, is there any way to play Insurgency:Sandstorm Multiplayer on Steam Deck?

Geforce now

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

DildenAnders posted:

https://www.protondb.com/app/581320?device=steamDeck

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

WilWheaton posted:

Just got a steam deck and I’m loving this so much with moonlight now that I’ve got moonlight buddy set up. It took me a while to notice the extra icon on steam games.

You can play anything on your PC if you set up a desktop profile. Afaik moonbuddy only lets you play gamestream supported games

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Many thanks

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
How is Shredders revenge on the deck? Is the UI/fonts easy to read?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It seems fine to me, Ive not noticed anything way out of whack, performance is great too

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, it is on sale for 16.50ish right now and I am thinking of getting it, but my eyes aren't the best anymore and really tiny font is a no go.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hopper posted:

Thanks, it is on sale for 16.50ish right now and I am thinking of getting it, but my eyes aren't the best anymore and really tiny font is a no go.

Small fonts bother me a lot and I didn't notice anything with Shredders Revenge (for comparison I can't play Witcher on it for this reason)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh hey, just found the perfect Deck game, and it's Pictopix, which is Picross/Nonograms. Multiple visual themes and control options, plus thousands of user created puzzles, too.

I was wondering if I'd be able to find a Picross game that's like the S series on Switch and this. is. it.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

If you're playing Tactical Nexus (I love this game) on deck, make sure to turn "Always lightup" on in config. I went way too long without always lightup.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh hey, just found the perfect Deck game, and it's Pictopix, which is Picross/Nonograms. Multiple visual themes and control options, plus thousands of user created puzzles, too.

I was wondering if I'd be able to find a Picross game that's like the S series on Switch and this. is. it.

May I introduce you to Logiart Grimoire, by the makers of Picross S etc? :D

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Snackmar posted:

2nd this. I always line up for Jupiter's Picross games.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I halted my crippling Picross S addiction by an inadvertent break from the Switch for months, and then you blindside me like this.

:shepspends:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If I'd known Jupiter had made a Picross game for PC I would've bought it yesterday.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Been using the deck to play some PS1 RPGs that I missed back in the day. Actually managed to get sucked into a game this past weekend, been a while since this old fart could concentrate enough for that to happen.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I have the JSAUX dock and my Steam Deck is really bad about recognising that there's a controller attached to the dock whenever it wakes up from sleep. This is almost always whenever I put it to sleep when undocked but I think it happens sometimes when when I put it into sleep mode in the dock. A simple restart fixes this, but is there anything I can do to the Deck to make it a bit better about recognising controllers when waking up?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Snackmar posted:

Oh snap, it looks like it finally got controller support. About time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Question Mark Mound posted:

I have the JSAUX dock and my Steam Deck is really bad about recognising that there's a controller attached to the dock whenever it wakes up from sleep. This is almost always whenever I put it to sleep when undocked but I think it happens sometimes when when I put it into sleep mode in the dock. A simple restart fixes this, but is there anything I can do to the Deck to make it a bit better about recognising controllers when waking up?

I have the same issue with JSAUX's dock and I just plug the controller back in and it's fine

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Anyone get https://store.steampowered.com/app/427410/Abiotic_Factor/ to work on deck?

Enthusiasm
Jul 11, 2010

NEVER go back for any reason.

Trucker Hat posted:

I got it running and am using the graphic settings suggested by Digital Foundry (TSR, everything on low except shadows on medium), it looks and plays great.

I've been trying to play ranked though and getting consistently disconnected midmatch. I tried googling it and it seems to be a common issue among some games on Linux. For the record I've played a ton of Street Fighter 6 online on the Deck and it's never been an issue... Has anyone run into a similar issue and were you able to fix it?

In the same boat as you. I don't think there's a fix other than waiting for a patch, but I'm not sure if it's Tekken that needs the patch or Proton.

Some people have reported success by switching to either a mobile hotspot or 2.4GHZ wireless, but I haven't gotten desperate enough to try. Just hoping it gets addressed soon. :(

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Is there a decent pass and play Scrabble game that can be installed locally on the deck?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Enthusiasm posted:

In the same boat as you. I don't think there's a fix other than waiting for a patch, but I'm not sure if it's Tekken that needs the patch or Proton.

Some people have reported success by switching to either a mobile hotspot or 2.4GHZ wireless, but I haven't gotten desperate enough to try. Just hoping it gets addressed soon. :(

It disconnects on PC players using Proton and a wired connection.

There is nothing to do but wait for a fix. I tried everything and the DCs come back.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

RBA Starblade posted:

I have the same issue with JSAUX's dock and I just plug the controller back in and it's fine
I probably ought to do that but the dock is tucked in a little spot below the TV so that reaching the cables at the back is more awkward than a reboot :(

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Oh man they just released all the other Phoenix Wright games

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dunno why I couldnt figure out how to get the Linux version of Celeste64 running but I managed to get the Windows version no problem.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dunno why I couldnt figure out how to get the Linux version of Celeste64 running but I managed to get the Windows version no problem.

Yeah they made a 3D Celeste game and released it for free if anyone isn't aware.
https://maddymakesgamesinc.itch.io/celeste64

Detective No. 27 posted:

I got the Linux version working fine, but it doesn't recognise the controller in desktop. So just add the program file as a non-Steam game and it works in gaming mode without issue.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enthusiasm
Jul 11, 2010

NEVER go back for any reason.

Rolo posted:

It disconnects on PC players using Proton and a wired connection.

There is nothing to do but wait for a fix. I tried everything and the DCs come back.

Trucker Hat posted:

The Proton hotfix bleeding edge update overnight seems to have resolved this issue. After swapping to that for Tekken, I was just able to play my first complete matches online without any issues at all.