Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

Come on, she's not naive, she knows what's happening. They're both boosting their respective brands

At this point I don’t think she needs to as she’s probably bigger than the NFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Intruder posted:

Come on, she's not naive, she knows what's happening. They're both boosting their respective brands

go on

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Intruder posted:

Come on, she's not naive, she knows what's happening.

yeah but is she supposed to not go to the game then? or get Ethan Hunt to make her a mask?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I also don't really see where she needs the exposure to the football audience, but I bet she has management that loves it still

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

indigi posted:

yeah but is she supposed to not go to the game then? or get Ethan Hunt to make her a mask?

It's the same thing that happens any time a celebrity goes to a public thing. They know eyes will be on them

Not saying she shouldn't go, just that it should be expected

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if it was Rihanna I think everyone would be a lot more chill about it. something about Taylor sets people off

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

J33uk posted:

I'm fine with Taylor, Snow On The Beach is a really pretty song. That said the only good and tolerable repeated cutaways to notable people in the crowd were The Observers to promote Fringe.

That's basically a Lana song and somehow not about cocaine.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

It's the same thing that happens any time a celebrity goes to a public thing. They know eyes will be on them

Not saying she shouldn't go, just that it should be expected

ah, understood. so she shoudl not be allowed to go to nfl games, otherwise she is exploiting the innocent, beautiful nfl boys.. that makes sense
e: ohhh u added that 2nd bit! u dirty dog!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Radia posted:

ah, understood. so she shoudl not be allowed to go to nfl games, otherwise she is exploiting the innocent, beautiful nfl boys.. that makes sense
e: ohhh u added that 2nd bit! u dirty dog!

incredibly weird take tbh

indigi posted:

if it was Rihanna I think everyone would be a lot more chill about it. something about Taylor sets people off

She has some incredibly hardcore fans, that's why it's always funny when someone decides they want to cross her on twitter

maybe the only american celebrity with kpop strength fans

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The337th posted:

I also don't really see where she needs the exposure to the football audience, but I bet she has management that loves it still

enough people watch the NFL that if over the course of the season even 0.2% of the audience decided to check her out and becomes casual fans that's a pretty significant number

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

incredibly weird take tbh

yep, agreed. maybe stop being a massive weirdo? it's not hard. it's not like there aren't plenty of reasons to dislike the Chiefs without it?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

indigi posted:

Rihanna would probably get the camera shot once or twice per game.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's better than Eminem

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Radia posted:

yep, agreed. maybe stop being a massive weirdo? it's not hard. it's not like there aren't plenty of reasons to dislike the Chiefs without it?

My dislike of the Chiefs predates the TayLce connection by quite a bit. Maybe chill out

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

but the refs tho

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

indigi posted:

football viewers and broadcasters have always been weird about players having celebrity girlfriends (remember the Tony Romo + Jessica Simpson fiasco?)

it's just way bigger in this case because Taylor is the biggest celebrity in the English-speaking world right now

at her current peak probably the most influential an entertainer has been since...hell, I don't know. Peak Michael Jackson?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

My dislike of the Chiefs predates the TayLce connection by quite a bit. Maybe chill out

hmm. im sure this is a new obsession for you, at least.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Taylor Swift seems pretty cool and her music is nice. Kelce also seems like a good guy.

Go Niners.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

indigi posted:

enough people watch the NFL that if over the course of the season even 0.2% of the audience decided to check her out and becomes casual fans that's a pretty significant number

yeah that's exactly what management is saying, while there's almost zero converts because it's all butthurt fans and people who obviously knew what T-Swift music was beforehand, but on paper it's a great plan

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Gully Foyle posted:

I think the thing that makes them likeable is that it's a bunch of really deserving players like CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk that don't have a ring yet. Lions would have been a better story, but there's still a lot of fun in the Niners/

The players themselves are mostly fine and that's probably the most disappointing part for me. If those guys were on a team that didn't have crazy success overall then I'd be cool with it but I have a hard time rooting for teams that just win all the time.

I hope the Lions start their dynasty next year and win 10 Superbowls in a row while the rest of the league burns. Revenge Tour Bitch

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Guys do the hand up thing all the time I've noticed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I pretty much assume every WR constantly considers themselves open

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Less than an hour after my team dies and we're already onto multi-page arguments about Taylor Swift. We are getting the Super Bowl that we deserve.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Less than an hour after my team dies and we're already onto multi-page arguments about Taylor Swift. We are getting the Super Bowl that we deserve.

better things aren't possible

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

calling for the ball there is the single most incomprehensible thing to happen in that game. you're looking at a guy who's closing on you and have another dude on your hip and a third player just off screen is on the way to join the party. by no conceivable metric are you even kind of open

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

True but Lamar shouldn't see a dude being triple covered and throw it to him anyway just because he called for it

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

he almost had em right where he wanted em, just missed it

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Guys do the hand up thing all the time I've noticed

Yeah that throw is not Likely's fault. It isn't backyard football, the QB isn't throwing to whoever is waving at him.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah that throw is not Likely's fault. It isn't backyard football, the QB isn't throwing to whoever is waving at him.

It's also badly underthrown

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Intruder posted:

True but Lamar shouldn't see a dude being triple covered and throw it to him anyway just because he called for it

Yeah this is a non-thing. Covered guys do it all the time and QBs aren't throwing it their way and people going "drat, he tricked the QB". They're meant to read the coverage. Lamar even said he saw Likely was triple-covered. So it's completely on Lamar there to have done that and done it on SECOND DOWN with plenty of time left in the game.

Like it or not, this is the game where we have to admit Lamar isn't that guy. But he's still a cool as hell QB I'll enjoy watching the rest of his time here.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Trying to give people the benefit of the doubt here, maybe if Lamar puts it in front of him instead of behind and also throws it a tad earlier he could have got it, he was double covered when he put his hand up but he had a step on them.

It would need to be a nearly perfect throw and timing though and even then, I'm not sure. So it seems so dumb to call for it there.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

imo the biggest winner, relatively speaking, is Brittany Mahomes who now gets to be photographed with Taylor Swift

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

calling for the ball there is the single most incomprehensible thing to happen in that game. you're looking at a guy who's closing on you and have another dude on your hip and a third player just off screen is on the way to join the party. by no conceivable metric are you even kind of open

Likely is actually open if the third guy (who he probably can't see) isn't there. The throw pulls him back into coverage, maybe because Lamar sees the safety coming in at the last second. Or it was just a bad throw in the rain.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah this is a non-thing. Covered guys do it all the time and QBs aren't throwing it their way and people going "drat, he tricked the QB". They're meant to read the coverage. Lamar even said he saw Likely was triple-covered. So it's completely on Lamar there to have done that and done it on SECOND DOWN with plenty of time left in the game.

Like it or not, this is the game where we have to admit Lamar isn't that guy. But he's still a cool as hell QB I'll enjoy watching the rest of his time here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I hope Taylor puts the Lombardi trophy in her next video like the Three 6 Mafia Oscars

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CharlestheHammer posted:

At this point I don’t think she needs to as she’s probably bigger than the NFL

nfl ticket revenue was 3 times that of the eras tour and ticket revenue is only a shade above a quarter of total nfl revenue

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i do genuinely wish it didn't have to be the niners to end the lions' season and if they had won i would have rooted for them in the SB

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Thank god we got the ticket revenue thing sorted

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I can see it now, the Chiefs take the field in victory formation to win the Super Bowl and Travis Kelce takes the snap, kneels and pulls out a ring. Headlines say "Travis Gets His Ring, Taylor Gets Hers" and I proceed to joker laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

If Lamar would of thrown it to the back of the end zone that might have been at least contested. But that is a bad decision and somehow a worse throw.

Also as annoying as it is to have them there every year I kind of like the Chiefs and dont really have an opinion on Taylor Swift except she makes a lot of people I dont care for mad so thats good enough for me.

That being said I hope the 49ers win because of recent championships, and I dont want 49er goons to have to go through 3 Superbowl loses in like 15 years