Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Temu stuff came in:

At top are miniature hoodies intended (per the listing) for shift knobs. I thought they were funny, and hot shift knobs are a thing in Texas summers, so why not for a couple bucks?
"Petit Block" package is a electric guitar model using miniature Lego-style bricks. Should be neat.
Middle thing is a double right angle square. The two pieces bolt together at a right angle so one can mark perpendicular lines on two sides of a board at the same time. Just a handy tool.
Johnny 5, obviously.
And a quick-release-style buckled belt. Listing is "one size" and claims 47.3" length, which has to be the raw length, before the belt is looped and sewn into the one part of the buckle. I wear a 40-42, because goon, and I just barely have enough belt to thread through the other part of the buckle securely, and since it's sewn to the first part, I can't just swap in another belt easily. Still, it *does* fit, and was like $2.

Not pictured, because I managed to hide it from myself, is a roll of the clear double-sided tape I keep getting ads for literally everywhere. For less than a buck, I'll give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Not Wolverine posted:

Did you item never arrive, or something else?

They sent something entirely not what I ordered and are being shits about it.

But this just came today, now I can finally let everyone know my true self

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
A man with an interest in good word processors, I see.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You got a vintage Gameboy camera?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I don't think you are supposed to order potatoes from Aliexpress, for biosecurity reasons.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Those belts have a really cool buckle but if you have any gut at all and sit for long, they’re a bit pokey.

I’ve settled on the “automatic” ones that slide through and hold until you press the release. Buckle is small enough and not oddly shaped so seems to suit my extensive sitting, etc.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Temu stuff came in:

At top are miniature hoodies intended (per the listing) for shift knobs. I thought they were funny, and hot shift knobs are a thing in Texas summers, so why not for a couple bucks?
"Petit Block" package is a electric guitar model using miniature Lego-style bricks. Should be neat.
Middle thing is a double right angle square. The two pieces bolt together at a right angle so one can mark perpendicular lines on two sides of a board at the same time. Just a handy tool.
Johnny 5, obviously.
And a quick-release-style buckled belt. Listing is "one size" and claims 47.3" length, which has to be the raw length, before the belt is looped and sewn into the one part of the buckle. I wear a 40-42, because goon, and I just barely have enough belt to thread through the other part of the buckle securely, and since it's sewn to the first part, I can't just swap in another belt easily. Still, it *does* fit, and was like $2.

Not pictured, because I managed to hide it from myself, is a roll of the clear double-sided tape I keep getting ads for literally everywhere. For less than a buck, I'll give it a try.

Just showed my children’s short circuit after dinner tonight it went ok. They didn’t like it as much as batteries not included

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ordered these hair clippers just before leaving on holdays and they arrived while I was out. The product links is now dead which I've never seen before but it was from this store for likre $12: https://cronierprofessional.aliexpress.com/store/1102336930

I thought this type would be better for traveling but it's about 10g heavier and probably the same volume as the regular Philips type. Uses USB for charigng but it's USB-A on one side and a weird plug on the clipper side, still better than needing an extra charger. Materials and quality feel solid.

A few tests seem to show that it works but not quite as cleanly and effectively as the Philips. But they do cover a much larger area and is a bit easier to hold in the hand.

Darchangel posted:

Temu stuff came in:

Johnny 5, obviously.

How's he belt in use? Is the buckle metal or plastic? I've been using one like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005295570234.html
when flying a lot as you don't have to take it off all the time, but it does feel a bit cheap.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

bar88537 posted:

Ok, I need someone to help me with a youtube stunt

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805031849107.html
Daisy X7 Military Goggles Bullet-proof Army C6 Polarized Sunglasses 4 Lens Hunting Shooting Airsoft Cycling Motorcycle Glasses

I mean, if there was any sort of proof they could pass MIL-PRF 32432 or ANSI Z87+ standards, they'd be decent for shooting. Having an option for an elastic backstrap instead of hinged arms makes it a lot more comfortable with hearing protection.

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

XYZAB posted:

Has anyone here ever bought a bed frame or something similar to this on Wayfair, and if so, how did it turn out? Both in terms of its build quality and your quality of sleep?

I moved into a new place a while back and wasn't ever able to fit my old queen mattress/bed frame/box spring in here, so it all went into storage and I've been sort of sleeping on a queen sized mattress on a twin sized box spring, and boy am I tired of it. Initially I thought that if I couldn't fit my old poo poo through the tightest stairwell in existence then I wouldn't have any luck with any bed stuff at all aside from what was already in here, until I was shown an instagram ad featuring a $2000 'build it yourself' bed frame kind of thing, which led me to search for much less expensive options, and then directly to Wayfair. But the only things I know about Wayfair are that their cabinet line was possibly used to traffic children to Epstein's island or something insane like that, and that a bunch of secretaries at work have a horrible addiction to buying poo poo from here all the goddamn time. 1.) Should I call interpol and tip them off about the secretaries' buying habits , and 2.) will I regret my life choices even more than I already do if I choose to sleep on one of these every night for the foreseeable future?

edit: oh gently caress :synpa:

I bought that frame from amazon. it is fine. it came with the tools for assembly and extra spare parts.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

How's he belt in use? Is the buckle metal or plastic? I've been using one like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005295570234.html
when flying a lot as you don't have to take it off all the time, but it does feel a bit cheap.

Mostly plastic, but the little bronze tabs that you use to release it are metal, as are several rivets, so you'd probably have to take it off at an airport. My "daily driver" belt is the style you linked, and yes, it was nice not to have to whip it off in the security line. I had two, but I managed to step on the buckle when it was at a bad angle and snap part of it off. Otherwise very reliable. I bought a metal buckle in the same(ish) style, but I think I honestly prefer the plastic one.

I wore the tacti-cool one over the weekend, and it works fine. It's juuuuust long enough, but I may see about buying some of the webbing and attaching it to a longer belt. My wife thinks her sewing machine is up to it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Cute!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

DO they stack. This is important!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I realized that I get an inordinate amount of satisfaction from having dedicated holders for things after I ordered and installed holders for the sponge and steel wool ball in my kitchen sink, so I ordered, and just received today, a razor holder.

Someone said that the adhesives on Chinese products are always bad, and I have to agree: I got some "self-adhesive" warning tape earlier, and I had to stick it in place with double-sided tape from the store, because the adhesive backing would not keep it from falling. I noticed that the adhesive pads on these products were 3M brand. Are glues another case of ball point pen balls?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Sure, it says 3M brand. Dont think I've ever encountered any self adhesive China crap yet that actually stuck, aside from my dash cam which at least came from amazon (p sure the adhesive had 3M written on it).

I already have two of these drawers but I ordered a third from Temu and it came with two strips of adhesive, but I'm drilling that poo poo on like I did with the other two. The temu one has loving hearts instead of the small round holes which will slightly complicate things, I'll have to drill through the plastic itself, else find some big rear end washers.

I really wish I could find somewhere to get decent quality shoes for cheap. I'm a fiend for Skechers but they often aren't durable and are quite expensive.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Some sites tout shoes but I have yet to try again after the first junky pair I got

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

codo27 posted:

Sure, it says 3M brand. Dont think I've ever encountered any self adhesive China crap yet that actually stuck, aside from my dash cam which at least came from amazon (p sure the adhesive had 3M written on it).

I got a cheap Chinese broom holder with an adhesive back a few years ago. The instructions said to heat the adhesive up with with a hair dryer first. That's what I did, and it held fast the entire time we were in that apartment.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I have some little corner shelves in the shower that came with tubes of goop and they've held up perfectly, but I did get them from amazon so who knows their origin.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

These are super cute.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

What about mini-drills/engravers? Is something like this from AliExpress worth it compared to a 150 € Dremel, or will I just get one, curse, and have to buy a Dremel anyway?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

What about mini-drills/engravers? Is something like this from AliExpress worth it compared to a 150 € Dremel, or will I just get one, curse, and have to buy a Dremel anyway?

I looked into those before but it seemd to make more sense to just get one from a local store, Lidl for example had a whole kit for like 35€, I could get it instantly and it had a two year warranty.

I've never had a real Dremel but it's been perfectly fine for occasional home use.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 28, 2024

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah what Mobby said, you can get cheap rotary tools anywhere and they're probably gonna be similar quality wherever you get them.

Those 15 dollar ones on Ali with huge accessory kits look hella sketchy though lol

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Tad Naff posted:

APAB

Assigned Penis At Birth

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I got a multitool from ali, usually their Makita compatible battery version is the cheapest. I also have a battery adapter to use my bosch batteries.

Used it a few times to shaped plywood boards.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah to be clear I've got a bunch of Makita-compatible powertools from Ali and they've all been good and easily worthwhile: impact wrench, drill, mini chainsaw, small reciprocating type of saw.

IMO it's specifically the rotary tool where it doesn't make much sense as the corded ones tend to be super cheap anyway.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just don't get the DRMEL brand Dremel. It sucks and threw a collet nit at my face but I'm okay now

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
any decent shops for tapestries or other wall decor? im due to buy more stupid poo poo and also my walls are ugly

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I've been very happy with this Wen: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784JHFKD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Can use it direct, or use the flexible extension to get into smaller areas. My only gripe is the rotation speed wheel is not like 1-20 or even 1-10, it's like 1-7 and I don't know what exact speed it is at.

I probably wouldn't get one off aliexpress, since a collet letting go at 20,000rpm could be a pretty bad time.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Punkinhead posted:

Yeah what Mobby said, you can get cheap rotary tools anywhere and they're probably gonna be similar quality wherever you get them.

Those 15 dollar ones on Ali with huge accessory kits look hella sketchy though lol

I picked up the accessory kit awhile back and it's pretty useful. Still using an actual Dremel though.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
All this dremel talk reminded me that I've been in desperate need of an electric die grinder, I'm gonna take a punt on some $80 herzo brand one I found on ali, I can't find any locally under $600 which is crazy since they are basically just a $60 angle grinder minus the angle part.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

coldpudding posted:

All this dremel talk reminded me that I've been in desperate need of an electric die grinder, I'm gonna take a punt on some $80 herzo brand one I found on ali, I can't find any locally under $600 which is crazy since they are basically just a $60 angle grinder minus the angle part.

Get a pneumatic one instead if you have a decent air supply. The electric ones are so loving bulky.

TheNamesEllen
Oct 3, 2023

:sanix: :sludgepal: :sueme:

:rubby:

Tad Naff posted:

Your camera quality is beautiful.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

coldpudding posted:

I’m pretty sure there’s an app for buying power tools locally. I think it’s even called Grindr or something.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I’m pretty sure there’s an app for buying power tools locally. I think it’s even called Grindr or something.

No, that's for ordering subs

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

St_Ides posted:

No, that's for ordering subs

Oh, is that why this fellow offered me a “foot long”? I just want power tools, not anything weird.

My sex dungeon isn’t going to build itself. :ninja:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

My sex dungeon isn’t going to build itself. :ninja:

What you need to do is find a sub contractor.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Random Stranger posted:

What you need to do is find a sub contractor.

Just make sure they're bonded and insured.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Get all your PrEP work done in advance to save some hassle.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'm looking for a knockoff of the Dremel Spiral Tile Cutting Bit 3.2mm (562). I can't seem to find one though, I can find the genuine item, but it's more expensive than retail.

I've broken a couple of these now and ideally want 10 for a dollar or something stupid like that.

Anyone know what search terms I should be using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I didn't have any luck with quick searches but I've seen that kind of double helix bit called a glass cutting bit, try looking in that direction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj9lNlLTC_U