Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Funniest outcome is Punk got on the gas and then forgot to work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

cm punk is on the barry bonds gear, he’s juiced out of his mind

I've believed for years, and still do believe, Bonds could come back tomorrow and still hit great on any of minimum half the teams in MLB, including 2 of the 3 near me

Not only do I think, and have thought for 6 months, Punk was better off just staying retired, I no longer think he's capable of doing even the UFC stuff he was getting laughed at for without hurting himself. If he got legit slammed to the ground by Mickey Gall next week his hipbone would shoot out of the octagon

Whatever that body had in 2014 it's completely gone now. You were lucky AEW got as much out of it as they could

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just blasts apart like those crash test dummy toys from the 90s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

I'm not aware of many other sports that involve catching other grown mean flying at you at maximum speed and then falling onto concrete, so I'm still gonna say none of those are really comparable to the strains at speeds they'd be seeing in wrestling. But fair enough.

cm punk didnt tear his poo poo up big style catching a dive, he tore it taking a DDT directly onto his own elbow

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CombineThresher posted:

I doubt he's on the gas. I think his issue is that he's not particularly athletic and has been pushing himself to perform at the level of his often highly-athletic peers for decades. His body isn't suited for the poo poo he's been doing with it and now it's breaking down.

I think this is really all it is. He was never a picture of performance like a Danielson or Joe or whoever, and even those guys seem like they rack up injuries more later in their careers than earlier. Human bodies are dumb machines that break down over time, and if your dumb machine was never meant to do the things it’s trying to do then it’s probably going to break down sooner than later.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

EVGA Longoria posted:

I'm not aware of many other sports that involve catching other grown mean flying at you at maximum speed and then falling onto concrete, so I'm still gonna say none of those are really comparable to the strains at speeds they'd be seeing in wrestling. But fair enough.

ice hockey

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thinking about Dave Meltzer saying that triceps injuries are steroid injuries.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1753065309727314075

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you wanna go down the contact sports comparison route maybe pick one that doesn’t also involve getting dressed up in a bunch of body armour to accommodate for it, like rugby or something.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Has anyone considered the possibility that Punk has been on some kind anti-steroid? Perhaps some drug that shrinks your muscles and makes your bones brittle?

He is the best in the world maybe he wanted to challenge himself?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

History Comes Inside! posted:

If a doctor prescribes it then it doesn’t count this is entry level poo poo and you’re talking about an Olympic calibre mental gymnast

I would not at all be surprised if Punk went down the Elvis route at some point. It's got to come good one of these times!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

You've been telling lies that

Endorph posted:

theres no way punk didnt take the juice at some point

HEY-LA DEY-LA
CM Punk tore his tricep

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The world is a beautiful place (and I am no longer afraid to see CM Punk get elbowed in the balls)

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Gavok posted:

You've been telling lies that

HEY-LA DEY-LA
CM Punk tore his tricep

OH GODDAMN YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

literally giggling in my office right now

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

:kiss:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

beautiful shot from Punk’s Balls: A Celebration of Frailty

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hedgehog Pie posted:

OH GODDAMN YOU

Wanna review RAW?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

MorningMoon posted:

Wanna review RAW?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Vince’s legacy lives on

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1753078254741667910

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Why does it look like a target

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

Road Dogg preferred the gray

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dangerous Person posted:

I thought the exact same thing

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

CM Punk is gonna make sure it's managed correctly

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Dango Bango posted:

lmfao

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What black superstar will Seth get to curb stomp this year?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

What black superstar will Seth get to curb stomp this year?

https://x.com/wiretaup/status/1753106034778853751?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Makes sense he was there with Dr King

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Dango Bango posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The "I have a dream" promo writes itself.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1753110057078943892?s=20

quote:

I asked Shawn Michaels about protections in place for talent in NXT that could be impressionable or vulnerable. He said WWE can always do better, and the information in the lawsuit is unfortunate. He says there are some protections in place, but they will always try to do better in NXT, and it's something very important to him

@JonAlba on behalf of Fightful asks Shawn Michaels if he's had conversations with talent or staff about the allegations in the lawsuit. He says that everyone is clearly aware of it. The situation sucks, but they take it very seriously and are aware that NXT is full of impressionable talent. He says NXT urges talent to be honest with them if they need help or if someone tries to take advantage of them.

He says he thinks coming off of Royal Rumble that a lot of talent are excited for the future, despite the situation.

Michaels is asked by @Nick_Hausman about the allegations by Brutus Beefcake about Michaels and Jannetty taking advantage of women. Michaels said Beefcake has walked back those statements, and Beefcake will never be able to say he saw something like that.

Michaels said he personally had insecurity issues, but not the power issues associated with having non consensual sex with a woman. He says this is why there are no other claims or stories of that kind.

obv don't believe a word/am skeptical but good on the people who get invites to these sham pressers for at least taking it more seriously than usual and not letting this go away post-Vince's resignation

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nick Hausman unexpectedly lobbing hardball questions the last few weeks is bizarre but good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DLC Inc posted:

Nick Hausman unexpectedly lobbing hardball questions the last few weeks is bizarre but good

He has to or his entire shtick will get unraveled in record time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DLC Inc posted:

him getting bullied into doing it has been cool and good