Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I like hangman. I’m glad he’s a mean guy now instead of a weepy loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
he should frown and scowl more imo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hangman should bring back the luxury mower he got in the BTE dark order segments and run over swerve with it

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

fawning deference posted:

I think wrestlers acknowledging and promoing about "I'm gonna finish higher than you in the RANKINGS" is a terrible decision. Yes rankings determine the number one contender, but BEING NUMBER ONE CONTENDER is what they should give a poo poo about, winning the gold and kicking this person's rear end is what they should care about, not "well my math tells me my won-loss record is better than yours, don't you dare try to claim that you, a peon, will finish higher in the rankings than moi." Seems like a desperate attempt by Tony to try to make the rankings matter by having the wrestlers mention them in their promos as if they're important

This wasn't happening unless I missed something. Swerve was saying that he's beaten Page twice and shouldn't have to fight him again to be in front of the line

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Be gay and do crimes

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Hangman trying to act like a tough badass during promos is like when Nathan would do his angry husband voice during The Curse

hangman could take a few pointers from The Curse about how to be a real cowboy tbh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Hangman trying to act like a tough badass during promos is like when Nathan would do his angry husband voice during The Curse

Nathan Fielder is maybe the only man on earth who’s a worse actor than The Weepy Widdle Wanger

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Out of curiosity is this thread for "legitimate gripes about AEW's problems" or is it "completely make believe stuff, invented to make AEW seem worse than it actually is"?

Because AEW has plenty of legit problems but "Hangman can't promo" is stretching pretty far lmao.

Real to you, completely make believe stuff to everyone else. It's not that hard.

Hangman can promo but only if you want that promo to be "I'm a cowboy and I'm crying and I'm brgghghrgh and I'm gonna fight you"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nathan Fielder is maybe the only man on earth who’s a worse actor than The Weepy Widdle Wanger

Don't you dummies think Donald Duck is the best actor to ever do it? Not sure I'm trusting this.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Gumball Gumption posted:

Real to you, completely make believe stuff to everyone else. It's not that hard.

Hangman can promo but only if you want that promo to be "I'm a cowboy and I'm crying and I'm brgghghrgh and I'm gonna fight you"

I DO want that promo, yeah

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If this was the 80's they would have had Swerve captive bolt Hangman's favorite cow instead of his baby. Would have been better.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it would be awesome if swerve executed a live cow on tv

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Excalibur: We just got a report that Swerve hit a prized cow’s head with 6 House Calls. Poor thing’s lucky to be alive.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

get this poster on the booking team asap

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Suplex Liberace posted:

big show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

everytime i type awesome i almost type aewsome. I have a god drat sickness

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Excalibur: We just got a report that Swerve hit a prized cow’s head with 6 House Calls. Poor thing’s lucky to be alive.

Tony: Is that prince nana swerving towards the cow in a mercades s class?
Tazz: ohhh roadkill jones over here

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

can we talk guys... about how sucky the Ach-lamed are?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Bowens is better than anyone else in the program

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we gotta sort out these dynamite crowds, there was approx 16 people facing the hardcam side this week

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I only buy hardcam seats

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

fawning deference posted:

I think wrestlers acknowledging and promoing about "I'm gonna finish higher than you in the RANKINGS" is a terrible decision. Yes rankings determine the number one contender, but BEING NUMBER ONE CONTENDER is what they should give a poo poo about, winning the gold and kicking this person's rear end is what they should care about, not "well my math tells me my won-loss record is better than yours, don't you dare try to claim that you, a peon, will finish higher in the rankings than moi." Seems like a desperate attempt by Tony to try to make the rankings matter by having the wrestlers mention them in their promos as if they're important

I'm in favor of wrestlers acknowledging the rankings but only if they go 110%. I need to see guys shoving print-outs of the rankings in other guys faces or whipping out PWI 500 rankings and complaining about stuff

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Luckily, no athlete has ever mentioned or cared about stats, probably

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Tato posted:

I'm in favor of wrestlers acknowledging the rankings but only if they go 110%. I need to see guys shoving print-outs of the rankings in other guys faces or whipping out PWI 500 rankings and complaining about stuff

To be fair Jon Gresham tried that and ended up out of a job

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we gotta sort out these dynamite crowds, there was approx 16 people facing the hardcam side this week

looked fine to me.

the venue only holds like 6k without a tron

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 2, 2024

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

tried to warn all. you all called me a moron and said i reek

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

looked fine to me.

the venue only holds like 6k without a tron

I love the Lakefront Arena. Not a bad seat in the house. Wish I could have joined you

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Phoenix went from being dire to having 4000 sold based on the card and i expect more with the CMLL talent since Lucha is always a walk up business

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

i was saying eureka at your smart thoughts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Folks…

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

You're a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and your butt smells, and you like to kiss your own butt...

...but maybe you were right

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Cringe Losers Acclaimed were fine until they weren’t, very short shelf life for that gimmick. So bad right now that they might need to go under masks for a while, rebrand as an evil frog-themed tag team, have them do some dark match reps against Faboo Andre and Aron Solo.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I just want two women's matches.I can't remember the roster at the moment... Is Skye Blue and Red Velvet still doing a best of 9?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I too want more matches between wrestlers I can't remember

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I just want two women's matches.I can't remember the roster at the moment... Is Skye Blue and Red Velvet still doing a best of 9?

sounds like a worst of 9

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

The country of Germany ‘popped’ for hitler. Didn’t make it right

MJeff posted:

Gimme a loving break. The story was entirely about a 59 year old man who can barely loving move.

🤝

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I'm still pretty high on Bowens. But Caster has smashed into his ceiling and the act hasn't been unique or funny in at least a year.

Basically they took the old-school advice of "just get a catchphrase and merch over and you'll never have to work again" and are stretching it as far as it can go.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

sounds like a worst of 9