Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rhonne posted:

I mean, seems like a pretty good time for him to go to the board and say "hey, why don't you kick out all those idiots making your company look bad and replace them with me and my guys?"

The Rock can go around declaring himself the hero who cleaned out all the rot in the WWE(note, it does not matter if this is actually true or not)

This is where I’m at as well as though I’d be surprised to see anyone else get the boot at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Another story has hit the booking

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Roman doesn't seem like an rear end in a top hat politicker irl, but it helps that he rarely speaks or does interviews out of character. I think they figured out with Brock that the way to make a guy special is to only use him on special occasions where he can look good. A bit like how Hogan would return after football season and take credit for ratings, but wwe does it for Roman.

You say that but thats been the last few years in Hollywood for him with his drama with the fast and furious series and that Black Adam bullshit. He did just make good with the f&f people…right before vin diesel got hit with sex crime allegations. And now he comes back to wrestling, needing a bit of good press, right on the verge of WWE getting hit with giant sex crime and human trafficking allegations.

Edit: i swear to god i thought you said the Rock, not Roman when I wrote this

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 3, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
heat

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Is there a more punkass moment in the history of wrestling than this?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

many

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That time Roddy Piper beat Hogan at Starcade 96 but apparently decided not to make it a title match so Hogan was still world champ

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yes

https://youtu.be/EINKP0pd3_s

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It is absolutely loving over for HHH, he's going to be quietly pushed out for the committee Rock brings in.

Rock is a megalomaniac but at the very least the board will have a guy who really doesn't have any dark poo poo on his ledger besides probably making terrible tequila

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Bret coming back for special appearances to the fed after they screwed him over and killed his brother.

Punk crawling back after burning all other bridges.

It's a tough contest, honestly

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Having Rock as the special referee, teasing tribal loyalty, but then ultimately preventing Solo interference and allowing Cody to get the win seems like a much better solution. You get Rock in a major roll at WM, don't piss off all your fans for no reason, and set up a big marquee match down the line between Roman and Rock, maybe at Saudi or maybe at another big show. Honestly seems like the most obvious, sensible lay up if you really gotta have Rocky involved.

But nope!

Edit: Not French nobility

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 3, 2024

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Has anyone made up a conspiracy theory yet and floated it to gullible rubes, that Nick Khan and Tony Khan are secretly related, and that Tony planted Nick in WWE to orchestrate Vince's downfall, because he knew AEW couldn't beat WWE fairly? Because if not, I'd like to be the first to do so :v:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmfao seeing road dogg get in on the hug has gotta hurt the worst

also lmfao I can't even see anything of his face at all but I still know its road dogg bc of his refrigerator frame and hot dog neck

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Goblin Queen posted:

Punk crawling back after burning all other bridges.

I feel like if Punk had gone to therapy and then had a drama free run in NOAH or NJPW he would have eventually been welcomed back into AEW. Would have been less money in that, though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Hellblazer187 posted:

I feel like if Punk had gone to therapy and then had a drama free run in NOAH or NJPW he would have eventually been welcomed back into AEW. Would have been less money in that, though.

The man couldn't even take a DDT without his triceps exploding, he absolutely would have died over in Japan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chaunders posted:

Oh my god I can’t believe Lispy McGee is being overshadowed by The Rock of all people. How could this possibly happen?

What a disaster that we’re getting the literally biggest superstar the WWE has ever produced versus Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania

As if they were going to put Cody Lispsalot over Roman anyway

You might as well cry about Shinsuke not finishing his story the right way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFZHJBUrXc

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kaveman posted:

"The story is under attack."

Rocky's got him in a hold.

He's talking to him. Asking him something.

Cody's nodding, he's agreeing to it.

He's crapped his pants everybody.

Cody's up and mouthing who cares. Here comes the kick to the back.

They're torching the American Nightmare ladies and gentlemen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmfao

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
You gotta hand it to Punk, it’s quite an achievement to derail the World Title picture of different major promotions in consecutive years, and all because he can no longer take a bump without a limb falling off.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

If only Christian Cage hadn't turned on Jungle Boy, none of this would have happened

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Here's hoping Triple Paul immediately goes to jail afterwards.

Shadowisper
Dec 19, 2001

...I will eat your soul...
Fun Shoe
WWE: Cody overshadowed by Rock, 1 more year of lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
HHH, The Game, The Cerebral Assassin, Corporate Officer No. 1, The Asskicker

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It will be funny if, in the end, Triple H is proven one more time that he’s not as big a star, not as popular, and not as important as The Rock

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:dadjoke:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

lol cody

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Comedy Rhodes

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
If you think this could have been a creative idea to get people to stop talking about the allegations, think about how brilliant that is. After Smackdown, the whole conversation on the internet changed. If Cody had challenged Roman, no one would be talking about it today, no one would be making memes, we would still be talking about Vince. We all fell for their plan

The memes are hilarious though

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Roman doesn't seem like an rear end in a top hat politicker irl

he is

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Where are you guys getting all these memes from so quickly?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Leukemia will finish the story before Cody

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

some bust on that guy posted:

If you think this could have been a creative idea to get people to stop talking about the allegations, think about how brilliant that is. After Smackdown, the whole conversation on the internet changed. If Cody had challenged Roman, no one would be talking about it today, no one would be making memes, we would still be talking about Vince. We all fell for their plan

The memes are hilarious though

hopefully it worked on the fbi too

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Answers Me posted:

You gotta hand it to Punk, it’s quite an achievement to derail the World Title picture of different major promotions in consecutive years, and all because he can no longer take a bump without a limb falling off.

The timeline of everything is so odd.

- The Rock mentioned the head of the table well before everything
- Rock gets on the board of directors
- Punk/Cody were the final two of the Rumble with a clear Cody win
- Punk injured
- Vince is a rapist beyond anything you could imagine
- Cody talking all the talk about finishing the story at Mania up to Friday morning
- Cody comes out on Smackdown and talks in a completely bitchmade way to give the match to the Rock

My inclination is that more and worse things about Vince are going to come out and this is their way to divert from those stories taking over the headlines on their way to their biggest show of the year. The Rock headlining WM will at least muffle some of it for causal people. But it is still weird timeline wise. The Rock showing up in the beginning means they were never fully in on Cody but this is probably a combination of Hunter losing a power struggle and the perception with Vince.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

this is the maximum comedy option so I'm all for it because the posts it produces are great but drat wwe literally saying 'rock stepped up because cody refused to fight' is cold as hell after they already completely made him look like a bitch and killed his momentum lol

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Rhonne posted:

I mean, seems like a pretty good time for him to go to the board and say "hey, why don't you kick out all those idiots making your company look bad and replace them with me and my guys?"

The Rock can go around declaring himself the hero who cleaned out all the rot in the WWE(note, it does not matter if this is actually true or not)

It's extremely likely to be this. Rock and Ari going to have Gewirtz in the Triple H role before the end of the year. Easy to argue that this political hit is morally correct, too.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

:lol:

It's still hilarious that photoshops made a year ago are still relevant to Cody :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rock/Roman is 100% a bigger money match but they 100% picked the worse way to get there and the fact it humiliated Cody and made pos exec Paul look bad is amazing. Just great booking