Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

I know covid is spiking because head hunters are offering me travel contracts to pulm critical care.

I’ve never worked in pulm

its all just plumbing when you think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Slow News Day posted:

China is using a technique first demonstrated in 1983 called multi-patterning, which allows chipmakers to go beyond this limit to produce these smaller node sizes. This kind of works, but the yield (that is to say, the amount of defect-free chips produced) plummets and labor costs skyrocket. And even then, multi-patterning has limits as well. 7nm is about the smallest node size one can produce with it.

the thing you're forgetting is that China has way more money and labor that they can throw at multi-patterning.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

loquacius posted:

People's misfortune is and must always be their own fault for capitalism to continue

neoliberalism is crazy.

how many lives ruined because capitalists shipped manufacturing to China, and now they are trying to reshore industry to Mexico and some here. sick world.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Best to ignore that poster. He wants the entire "global south" ensalved or genocided.

Hey, my rap sheet ain't clean but I think you're mistaking me with someone else, maybe permabanned user Rime.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Anyway in conclusion
https://twitter.com/NoContextFlair/status/1754536721331486905?t=-mzGtqKq5ae2V7RnyhvRng&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Slow News Day posted:

Hey, my rap sheet ain't clean but I think you're mistaking me with someone else, maybe permabanned user Rime.

You are one of the biggest boosters in cspam for the American capitalist state to continue and want to see the destruction of the Chinese state.

Both of those things would enslave or genocide the "global south".

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Feb 7, 2024

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Slow News Day posted:

you aren't kidding!

Slow News Day posted:

Perfect, thanks. So that means neither Biden or Reade has any credibility issues in this specific context, of raping or being raped (since their past lying has occurred in other, irrelevant contexts).

So then the question that still needs answering is: why should we err on the side of believing Reade?

Just about the only reason I can think of is "believe all women", and it is worth noting that "believe all women" does not mean that anyone accused of raping someone immediately goes to jail for 20 years or whatever. It simply means accusers should be taken seriously and their accusations investigated, rather than dismissed immediately. And the media has done quite extensive investigating over the past three months. The problem is that what they found (or rather, have not found) has made the NoJoe crowd extremely angry, and now anyone who dares to doubt Reade is labeled a rape apologist, because you see, Biden is absolutely a rapist, and the real problem is that our standards of evidence for proving guilt are simply too high, and we should just lower them when it comes to rape on the basis that coming forward as a rape victim is really hard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
we did it joe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SardonicTyrant posted:

Coders are engineers it's just we're the sort of engineers that made the Tacoma Narrows bridge.

actually the tacoma narrows collapse advanced structural engineering (and physics) because these are rigorous fields with a duty to the public

otoh we can all watch software design get shittier and shittier as the field "matures"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

Water Lego

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

You are one of the biggest boosters in cspam for the American capitalist state to continue and want to see the destruction of the Chinese state.

Both of those things would enslave or genocide the "global south".

rick flair also wants those things

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Scarabrae posted:

they do learn about laminar flow

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

the thing you're forgetting is that China has way more money and labor that they can throw at multi-patterning.

Well, yeah, China definitely has those going for them, which we've seen with things like building housing and infrastructure. We will see how big of an advantage they end up conferring when it comes to advanced technology.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think it’s fair people are held responsible for things they said previously

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the 21st century belongs to the Chinese

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You're an engineer if you actually understand and use SPC

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ArmedZombie posted:

rick flair also wants those things

https://twitter.com/NoContextCorny/status/1738940604527124597?t=vZ1AXUE_h7tTG7AWheuKHQ&s=19

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the 21st century belongs to the Chinese

good, chairman Xi will save us

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/iHvgpH1.mp4

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Slow News Day posted:

Well, yeah, China definitely has those going for them, which we've seen with things like building housing and infrastructure. We will see how big of an advantage they end up conferring when it comes to advanced technology.

https://twitter.com/NoContextArn/status/1747722176915017864?t=DIt5HTDNLyGTK8MDw0UduA&s=19

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i configured my browser to not embed twitter links and i don't click them either

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I personally don't get the quibbling over computer touchers wanting to be considered "engineers". I went into Computer Science (and my brother went into Computer Engineering) precisely because those were NOT courses where you needed to take a board exam to get professional certification as an engineer.

and like, yeah, that does mean a certain disadvantage in certain situations with regards certification and qualification, but when you're a high school senior the main thing you're worried about is avoiding needing to take board exams so you don't fail and be a shame to your family and peers

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Twerk from Home posted:

This is the real problem. We've worked really hard for generations now to turn schools into hell for both students and teachers.

School is only fun when you can abuse substances to get through it, like in college or the teacher's lounge

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
My mom is a school nurse and said they had an incident where a toilet broke in the middle school. They took it apart and found a pot vape pen. Not great!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Eason the Fifth posted:

School is only fun when you can abuse substances to get through it, like in college or the teacher's lounge

when I was in elementary school, the teachers were allowed to smoke in their lounge, which was at the end of the hallway and it had a glass door and wall. it was always billowing-style hotboxed. rip.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

gradenko_2000 posted:

I personally don't get the quibbling over computer touchers wanting to be considered "engineers". I went into Computer Science (and my brother went into Computer Engineering) precisely because those were NOT courses where you needed to take a board exam to get professional certification as an engineer.

and like, yeah, that does mean a certain disadvantage in certain situations with regards certification and qualification, but when you're a high school senior the main thing you're worried about is avoiding needing to take board exams so you don't fail and be a shame to your family and peers

the people in charge of coders want to call them that because they want to be able to tell customers/clients that their products are "engineered"

the professional term is "title creep"

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the people in charge of coders want to call them that because they want to be able to tell customers/clients that their products are "engineered"

Yeah it's for billable hour purposes. I was also called an engineer and never wanted it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ArmedZombie posted:

i configured my browser to not embed twitter links and i don't click them either

https://twitter.com/NoContextFlair/status/1753802079443792194?t=0KUeuJ7YF5gl6SeXCFJU8A&s=19

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
someone has to jerk off the sex robots

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Every manager at a bank is a Vice President and they all deserve it

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

the milk machine posted:

there are plenty of jobs in trade work but big shock its miserable, the pay is low, the training takes awhile and is expensive, and you will grind your body and joints into dust (at least that's what airplane mechanics said when I asked about being an airplane mechanic)

my dad was an airplane mechanic and yes it does. in order to make enough money he worked the night shift. dude had 2 hip replacements before 45. he was also an alcoholic which apparently could cause some necrosis in hip joints.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Nybble posted:

My mom is a school nurse and said they had an incident where a toilet broke in the middle school. They took it apart and found a pot vape pen. Not great!

Oh cool the SA userbase is old enough that we get to start panicking about the youngins smoking the devil's lettuce.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the libs are putting psilocybins in school lunch

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Oh cool the SA userbase is old enough that we get to start panicking about the youngins smoking the devil's lettuce.

Children shouldn't be consuming drugs or alcohol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

People should not consume marijuana until their mid twenties due to increased risk of schizophrenia secondary to how it impacts the cannabinoid receptor during neuro remodeling

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

People should not consume marijuana until their mid twenties due to increased risk of schizophrenia secondary to how it impacts the cannabinoid receptor during neuro remodeling

Yep. Goons love advocating for things that would harm children.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nonsense posted:

the libs are putting psilocybins in school lunch

Neuroregenerative and in the next ten years will be standard treatment for post stroke recovery.

FizFashizzle has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Feb 7, 2024

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

hmmm sounds like something a CHUD would say. let’s get em boys (trump thread druggie degens)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn’t know hoot was anti vax

sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Xaris posted:

hmmm sounds like something a CHUD would say. let’s get em boys (trump thread druggie degens)

the trump thread is all chuds though.