Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Orange Devil posted:

Liberals use this lining of reasoning constantly. "Look at how capitalism is reducing global poverty!". If you actually look at it you see it's like 99% Communist China.

China poses a different threat to global capitalism than the ussr did, because it's on the verge of showing communism showing a better quality of life than the imperial core can, even with all its plunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I guess that's one way to make the housing market go down

supply and demand man - less supply means price go up
:agesilaus:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I don’t know why I blocked that Jack Forge guy in the past, but it was clearly a very good decision

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

if this guy hates his six figgie job he should consider giving it to me, instead

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

... That headline is lying isn't it? Rent isn't dropping, it's just having the GROWTH declining.

Rents in Texas are still very high in the cities aren't they?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SKULL.GIF posted:

... That headline is lying isn't it? Rent isn't dropping, it's just having the GROWTH declining.

Rents in Texas are still very high in the cities aren't they?

In the cities you'd want to live in, yeah. Same as everywhere else.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DISASTER: Rent is only growing 3% annually instead of 11%

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ikanreed posted:

China poses a different threat to global capitalism than the ussr did, because it's on the verge of showing communism showing a better quality of life than the imperial core can, even with all its plunder

Is anybody even getting the plunder anymore besides the ultra rich

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

SKULL.GIF posted:

Not sure how they're making ends meet with all this anti-landlord phobia in modern America

https://twitter.com/Gritty20202/status/1757064952773312674

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

i would gladly switch jobs with this dork

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Can't believe this guy is also stealing cspam posts for his tweets

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

drat it, why bother being a landlord anymore? i can get a better return on an index fund. if they don’t fix this, or release some emergency relief, all the landlords are going to quit!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imo the worst salary range is $0 or "slavery"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if i made 150k i wouldnt be driving a car thats old enough to vote (it still doesnt vote)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DaysBefore posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
e;fb hootington too quick

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

JAYYYYY

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Headline!
"INFLATION HIGHER THAN EXPECTED IN JANUARY REPORT. CORE YEARLY LOWERS TO 3.1%"

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
He's right and doomsday econ is too scared to face facts - 149k isn't enough and you look like a jackass, at 226k the world is your oyster (except in SF/NYC where NOBODY makes less than 250k)

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

problem for those people is they also live like they make $500k.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

imo the worst salary range is $0 or "slavery"

*libbishly* that's not a range!!!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Jay its time to RAISE THE RATES

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Scarabrae posted:

problem for those people is they also live like they make $500k.

It's entirely psychological, somebody internalizes that because they make $200k they should be able to live in a decent house, buy a new car, eat out a lot and take vacations when really they can afford maybe 1 of those 4 things and they're too poor for the rest.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TakeThatBro/status/1757154537708601407

maybe your problems are your fault, you're the one eating all those expensive groceries. maybe stop doing that moron

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Every salary in America only gets you access to a bigger bubble of credit. The only freedom is inherited wealth.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/TakeThatBro/status/1757154537708601407

maybe your problems are your fault, you're the one eating all those expensive groceries. maybe stop doing that moron

egg lobby: noooo you can't do this!!! breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you're jumpstarting your metabolism, nooooo!!!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Of course, anyone who makes any less can't afford anything but increasingly precarious subsistence.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

How does that whole tax thing work in burgerland? What's the take home money for 150k?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

genericnick posted:

How does that whole tax thing work in burgerland? What's the take home money for 150k?

it'll vary by state but fed income tax is the important one anyway. Looks like that's in the 24% bracket

so post-tax but before, like, social security and benefit costs, etc, you're getting $111K or thereabouts which still seems pretty good

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Probably only about 110 depending on local

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Beached Whale posted:

Not sure how they're making ends meet with all this anti-landlord phobia in modern America

https://twitter.com/Gritty20202/status/1757064952773312674

:rock:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

so post-tax but before, like, social security and benefit costs, etc, you're getting $111K or thereabouts which still seems pretty good

i'll take it, when can i start?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

more real estate for aquaman’s portfolio.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao our books are so infinitely cooked

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

every day now that i look at job postings in product roles and it's loving incredible how many are ai related

the collapse is going to be catastrophic

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

genericnick posted:

After the Trump tax cut, your standard exemption is about $25k, so taxable income would be somewhere around $125k. Then they'd pay "$10,294 plus 22% of the amount over $89,450.", so 10k + 8k is about $18k in income tax. There's also payroll taxes, you used to get a marginal tax break once you capped out the Social Security taxed income, but that has shot up in recent years from like $100k to 150k so we can assume our couple is paying 7% payroll tax too, so they also pay about $10k in social security+ Medicare.

That napkin math says a couple with gross earnings of $150k are taking home about $120k.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

triple sulk posted:

every day now that i look at job postings in product roles and it's loving incredible how many are ai related

the collapse is going to be catastrophic

Openai basically put a user interface around the LLM’s that have been in use since like 2010 and that drove every venture capitalist wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

loquacius posted:

it'll vary by state but fed income tax is the important one anyway. Looks like that's in the 24% bracket

I will not stand for people pretending not to understand tax brackets as part of an act. You only pay that % on the income over the previous tax bracket.

You also completely skipped FICA, where medicare and social security are taxed via a fully separate system, and AMT, which is a secret tax system that kicks in if someone gets lucky to make sure that they aren't allowed to keep all of their windfall.