Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

https://twitter.com/emanuelmaiberg/status/1757427206442320016

Man I need to start a grift like thi, HR at most companies is so loving dumb and willing to blow money on the dumbest poo poo vs just talking to candidly to people.

what a lovely paywalled spam site

anyway here's some of the goofy content from the reddit post this was taken from:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

what a lovely paywalled spam site

anyway here's some of the goofy content from the reddit post this was taken from:

that's so me, i'm so trad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
that guy eating an oyster?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
only blue bimbo im interested in, is, thats right - liara tsoni

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

here are some more assessment questions from other companies using this same software (the blue guys appear to be specific to Olive Garden for some reason)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

drat that’s so me. things happen to me like, every day.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

here are some more assessment questions from other companies using this same software (the blue guys appear to be specific to Olive Garden for some reason)

oh you KNOW that's me!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

clicking "not me" on every picture. that is not me in the picture. that is a blue man next to another blue man.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's you dude that's not me

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I mean, shock surprise the questions are all just painted over "will you submit as often and as hard as possible y/n"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I remember interviewing at Michaels like a decade ago and they had questions that were literally just "will you steal from the store?"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

That's how Italians look once you put on the They Live sunglasses

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
tech guys reinventing human interaction

thank u :kiss:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
passed the test easily. working hard! eager to learn! customer is right! never stressed! fast paced!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

7%/250 laid off from instacart

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
bummer, they should've worked harder.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I remember interviewing at Michaels like a decade ago and they had questions that were literally just "will you steal from the store?"

Some noble souls legit think it's no big deal.

They're right.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Some noble souls legit think it's no big deal.

They're right.

they are right, it's also very funny to imagine a guy eyeing the question and then writing as his answer "why, are you cool with that??"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

what did you say

i bet if you say "no" then that's just confirmation that you're a liar and cannot be hired

Apr 7, 2003

show them you aren't loving around and steal during the interview

Apr 7, 2003

grab some pens. steal the interviewer's water bottle. Just take poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Glumwheels posted:

https://twitter.com/emanuelmaiberg/status/1757427206442320016

Man I need to start a grift like thi, HR at most companies is so loving dumb and willing to blow money on the dumbest poo poo vs just talking to candidly to people.

how does this not just drive the amount of people applying for jobs to 0 or result in only applications where someone speed clicks on the first answer

Apr 7, 2003

Re local businesses being replaced by national chains because rent keeps going up on retail space - Hobby Lobby offered the owner, Oxford Developer Group, more money for a building than the convention center using it was paying, so Oxford is ejecting the convention operators on June 1st and telling their year+ of booked events to just eat poo poo.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/mon...JA45PLNONDBYHE/

quote:

MONROEVILLE, Pa. — The Monroeville Convention Center is set to be converted into retail space in the coming months, leaving some events in shambles.

“We’re now racing and scrambling to build a show in seven months, and just pick up the pieces, it stinks,” said Alex Kinnamon, one of the showrunners for the annual Pittsburgh Gaming Expo.

The organizers recently received a memo from the center, claiming that it can no longer host the October event due to “significant construction.”

Channel 11 contacted the Monroeville Convention Center, Monroeville Chamber of Commerce and Visit Monroeville for comment and clarification. At the time this article was published, only Visit Monroeville had responded, and did not comment beyond referring us to Oxford Development, stating that the company “owns and operates the Monroeville Convention Center.”

Channel 11 got in touch with Oxford CEO Steven Guy, who stated that the center is rather owned by “a partnership.” County property records do indeed cite numerous partners as the building owners. Guy stated that a portion of the center will soon be leased to Hobby Lobby, while the other portion is in the market for a lease, bringing the building back to its original “roots” of retail, Guy said.

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021
Kafkaesque recruiting/orientation practices are actually really good prep for working chain retail or food service.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how does this not just drive the amount of people applying for jobs to 0 or result in only applications where someone speed clicks on the first answer

This country has zero safety nets and unemployment is garbage/completely worthless.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You can trade money for goods and services such as food and people need to eat.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if you're applying for jobs you're already spending unending hours entering and re-entering the same information into workday or whatever dozens of times a day so 15 minutes clicking on funy pictur is basically a vacation

rachel ray romano posted:

Kafkaesque recruiting/orientation practices are actually really good prep for working chain retail or food service.

it's also this. like how spam email scams specifically target the dumbest idiots out there, the kinds of places that use those things want employees that will shut up and do whatever they're told

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Things happen to me.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

thats part of the purpose of these things, to create hurdles that thin out applicants

there is an underlying assumption that the people who go through with all of the BS are more desperate for the job, which is usually what employers prefer

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

One assessment I took asked how I would describe my crack cocaine use: Heavy, Heavy but Under Control, Light, or Do Not Use

They proceeded to do the same with PCP, Meth, Marijuana, and Heroin, each time scrambling the order of the answers so you couldn't just click through without reading

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I was at a restaurant once where a manager conducted an interview in the booth behind me and the only questions she asked were do you have your own car and can you work weekends.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

is pepsi ok posted:

I was at a restaurant once where a manager conducted an interview in the booth behind me and the only questions she asked were do you have your own car and can you work weekends.

God, in a functional society, you could get that down to one question.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Points to Tesla in restaurant parking lot. "Yep, that's me!"

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
chappie // not chappie

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

why is number red? has everyone been doing their affirmations?