Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Away all Goats posted:

I take it back. I forgot about the glacially paced post-game results screens that are completely unskippable. I don't know why it's so dang slow!

masking load times, just like the drop scene is masking load times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

jokes posted:

I feel like a fast-moving, extremely delicate horde faction would slot in well. The bugs are close but I haven't had to deal with sheer volume of enemies, even though we have really awesome tools to deal with exactly that (airstrikes baby).

Like zombies or some poo poo idk

40k Orks ripoff faction. No heavy armour at all. Lots of screaming and waves of charging dudes. Trucks with light/medium armour full of guys; if you pop the truck the guys don't die they just fall out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Illuminant faction from HD1 sucked. Those light barriers that blocked you off from the rest of the squad were extremely unfun, sadistic design.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

idiotsavant posted:

oh my god universal incendiary mine unlock for the day is such a goddamn troll. Quickplays are all a shitshow right now. Why yes, Mr Pubbie, tiny flaming explosion mines all over the objective/drop point/up my hellass are incredibly helpful i'm so glad youre using all the strategems you can!

Not too worried about the pubbies personally there. Partially because I just unlocked the 380mm barrage and well, I am the menace. But it's just sooo much fun to call in a strike with the intent of "that general direction has to go away."

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Retro42 posted:

Not too worried about the pubbies personally there. Partially because I just unlocked the 380mm barrage and well, I am the menace. But it's just sooo much fun to call in a strike with the intent of "that general direction has to go away."

The first time one of my buddies used the 380, he got knocked back by an RR backblast, dropped the beacon right in the middle of us all, and no one even got clipped by any of the incoming rounds.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

JBP posted:

40k Orks ripoff faction. No heavy armour at all. Lots of screaming and waves of charging dudes. Trucks with light/medium armour full of guys; if you pop the truck the guys don't die they just fall out.

I’m down, this sounds fun as hell

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Phenotype posted:

Wait holy poo poo this happened to you too? It was when I was trying to link my Playstation account, which it said WAS mandatory, and it made me do this stupid matching puzzle 8 times, and then I guess I messed one up, so it made me do it 8 more times, and again it said "that wasn't quite right" and made me do it again. It took me literally four repetitions = 32 puzzles to get in. Like what on loving superearth I felt like a goddamn 3rd grader being told I couldn't go to recess until I got 100% on the worksheet.

GlyphGryph posted:

Yep, same thing here, except it started out wanting me to do 20 for the first batch and then when it said "that wasn't quite right" at the end of the second batch of 20 I decided to give up.

Based on the high starting count, at this point I'm assuming it had already decided I was 100% a robot and it was never going to let me pass no matter how well I answered.

Learning about a bunch of robots ITT. Where's my AC? They need... liberating.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

CainFortea posted:

The first time one of my buddies used the 380, he got knocked back by an RR backblast, dropped the beacon right in the middle of us all, and no one even got clipped by any of the incoming rounds.

It is legitimately hilarious to watch the different reactions. The newer players just kind of back up a bit thinking they will be safe. The true Helldivers toss their own barrage on the pile and run like hell.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
i mean, free 380 day when it comes is also going to be a trash fire

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

idiotsavant posted:

i mean, free 380 day when it comes is also going to be a trash fire

I think what you meant to say was "managed Democracy in action" citizen.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The way to use 380s is have all four players throw them at once.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

GlyphGryph posted:

Yep, same thing here, except it started out wanting me to do 20 for the first batch and then when it said "that wasn't quite right" at the end of the second batch of 20 I decided to give up.

Based on the high starting count, at this point I'm assuming it had already decided I was 100% a robot and it was never going to let me pass no matter how well I answered.

have you considered NOT being a robot fiend trying to invade Sony's servers?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
But how else am I going to undermine their Managed Democracy!?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

JBP posted:

god fighting off a proppa' WAAAAAGH in this game would be incredible

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Less Chargers in high diff bug missions, more normal swarms imo

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Play posted:

That's honestly hilarious. Did you already have a Sony account? I didn't and I don't recall doing a single captcha.

Maybe it's because I think I got the game on launch day? Could've changed since then.

I only had to do one captcha but it was definitely the strangest I've ever seen

JBP posted:

I love the autocannon and railgun. But there is some real goddamn satisfaction in nailing the engine of a bot dropship with a recoilless or EAT and watching it dump all those robets, and then crash right into em.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I have two factor on my Sony account so I didn't have to do this poo poo. I remember spending five minutes clicking pictures of bicycles way back though lmao. I don't know what Sony are on with the security questions.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fishstick posted:

quadcopter police bot with an attached AR looks though your apartment window, sees 3 normal pepper people and one gaming cob, opens fire

thanks to our crowd sourced AI training

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I also didn't get any of the corn puzzle poo poo, always have 2fa

Coolness Averted posted:

Did you click link account, select your platform and then enter the code into steam or PSN like it was a CD key? That's what I had to do on ps5. It counted as DLC.

nah Jason fucks it up before I even get a code

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Fishstick posted:

These captchas are getting ridiculous. Even the words are scrambled.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fishstick posted:

Buttplugs, Corncobbing and Hand Grenades

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Orv posted:

Buttplugs, Corncobbing and Hand Grenades

the managed democratic future

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Back Hack posted:

The robots are out to free their creators the Cyborgs, who SE have enslaved to work the mine on Cyberium.

E: Discovered that bit off a interactable PDA at a point of interest.

lmao so superearth enslaved the commie robots and now their progeny are out to free them. this game owns

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Extremely sad our mission just got interrupted by some sort of Automaton hack on the steam servers.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

People are gonna be thrilled to learn that the reason Super Earth was at war with the tentacle Protoss is because “they have WMDs”

Hopefully they bring back the illuminates as like, “terrorist insurgents” because they’ve been put in internment camps since the last war.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Sometimes I forget I have grenades cause i'm almost always carrying the autocannon.

I didn't even think about the open door thing on the bot farms. You can shoot the vents with the auto cannon but you need to be a higher elevation to get the round in.

You can bounce a round off the little flap above it into the hole and it goes off.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Back Hack posted:

The robots are out to free their creators the Cyborgs, who SE have enslaved to work the mine on Cyberium.

E: Discovered that bit off a interactable PDA at a point of interest.

That was obviously false information planted by the enemies of liberty. I've reported you to my Democracy Officer for possession of unapproved reading material

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Enjoy your holiday at Freedom Camp

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JonBolds posted:

People are gonna be thrilled to learn that the reason Super Earth was at war with the tentacle Protoss is because “they have WMDs”

Hopefully they bring back the illuminates as like, “terrorist insurgents” because they’ve been put in internment camps since the last war.

:allears:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

masking load times, just like the drop scene is masking load times

Probably not tbh, you can do a cold start join a steam friend's game and be in their ship in like four seconds.

the ship loads up crazy fast, it's frankly wizardry

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So we extracted, went to the ship, but the rewards screen just isn't popping up. Guess I'll sit here for another minute or so. Luckily it was a 5 minute long defense mission.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

All I'm hearing is that these commie robots hate democracy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

Probably not tbh, you can do a cold start join a steam friend's game and be in their ship in like four seconds.

Games that are only releasing on current gen consoles load so fast that occasionally I get genuinely a little annoyed that I no longer have time to get up and grab a drink or something. That and no longer having to restart to install graphics drivers feels like terrible magicks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JBP posted:

All I'm hearing is that these commie robots hate democracy.

MANAGED democracy, please. I don't want to have to report you. Non-managed democracy is too close to communism

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Wtf when did that start being a thing with drivers?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Wtf when did that start being a thing with drivers?

A couple years now at least

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

loading assets on an SSD (instant) and doing a bunch of network handshakes (depends) are two different things

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Black Griffon posted:

I also didn't get any of the corn puzzle poo poo, always have 2fa

nah Jason fucks it up before I even get a code

It requires me to do the same 40 questions and then fail process to enable 2fa, so that doesn't help.

What did help is asking one of my family members to create an account for me which they managed to do with no problem (just a simple 2 question captcha and a much easier one than my brain melter), and then i linked that to my steam account. So that's part done, at least! I repurchased the game, confident i had solved the problem and excited to play, finally got to do the tutorial and get my cape (which took multiple tries since I kept getting booted due to network issues)... and discovered that attempting to select a mission from the mission select screen instantly crashes my game.

Man, this is a bad week. It started out with blood and sewage and really hasn't gotten any better since then, I just wanna shoot some goddamned bugs and chill out for a while. ;_;

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Today's light armor superstore helmet is a little TOO on the nose, Arrowhead, but I appreciate the sentiment/commitment to the bit. Then again, even Verhoeven had to all but paint swastikas on the dropships and it still wasn't enough.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah I'm done with this game/steam for the night.