Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think they will make a Mario game. Hell maybe a Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Consider this: How many of these scuttled projects would have disappointed you, the tasteful gamer? How many would have had the common stuff you love to complain about like a crafting menu or a purple thing? Now that everything is being cancelled and there will be no video games anymore, you get to enjoy them for the imaginary projects they were, with a fine helping of righteous indignation on the side. It really is the best of both worlds!

ok, but i wish that all of my friends still had jobs.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

Rumor has it that Respawn is now working on a Star Wars game where you play as a Mandalorian (not that one) (not that one either)

Justice for 1313, finally?

Aha, are they finally done wringing out the threadbare Jedi dishrag and have bought a brand new content sponge?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jedi Survivor was a really good game actually

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

By "they" I mean Disney, not Respawn, to be clear.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mutata posted:

ok, but i wish that all of my friends still had jobs.

You formed friendships with other humans, this is 100% on you

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

I can't even begin to guess what Nintendo might do for their next console.

Switch 2

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Game Cubed, a rectangular prism-shaped console with touchscreens on all six sides.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Shoulda called it Super Switch

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

You formed friendships with other humans, this is 100% on you

Teach me how to right this wrong..

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Game harder.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Dabir posted:

Should have been in bed so you were rested for school idiot

I don't remember most of high school because I stayed up to like 2 AM every night playing World of Warcraft. I wish this was a funny story, but no it actually sucks a lot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I can't even begin to guess what Nintendo might do for their next console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX2smM87r14

hosed up Mario and Samus included

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mutata posted:

two words: バーチャルユーチューバー

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Gripweed posted:

If the Switch 2 is backwards compatible I'll buy one. I'll enjoy all the Switch exclusives I missed while the Switch 2 exclusive library builds up

This is a good plan. I skipped on the Switch because I still have 3ds games to beat, maybe in a year I will be ready. Also maybe the new Metroid Prime will be out by then (????)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

I don't remember most of high school because I stayed up to like 2 AM every night playing World of Warcraft. I wish this was a funny story, but no it actually sucks a lot.

We should ban these "multiplayer online games"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if those game developers wanted to eat and pay rent they shouldve just been scamming gambling addicts instead of working at studios that make "good games"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In all fairness getting that first Nef kill was probably way more epic than anything you could have ever done in high school.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ever since the Wii, Nintendo gave up competing in terms of processing power and focused on making good games that are fun and people enjoy. But their competitors hit the plateau in video game processing power last generation. So a Switch 2 that is as powerful as a PS4 will have caught up with the other companies technologically, and will have good games that are fun.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

exquisite tea posted:

In all fairness getting that first Nef kill was probably way more epic than anything you could have ever done in high school.

I played a hunter during vanilla, so yes. I was absolutely sweating bullets kiting on the razorgore fight.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

a nintendo game has never once won SA's game of the year. They're a failed studio

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

a nintendo game has never once won SA's game of the year. They're a failed studio

Every time I launch my switch I think "who are the ad wizards who came up with this one"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Just need to make a Mario that is dark, gritty, hardcore, epic, and political

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

haveblue posted:

Just need to make a Mario that is dark, gritty, hardcore, epic, and political

Breath of the Wild but instead of clearing temples you win twitter arguments.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Every time I launch my switch I think "who are the ad wizards who came up with this one"
weird. every time I touch my PS5 I think "who are the aids wizards who came up with this one"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

mutata posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Suicide squad update: They raised all skin prices from 1100 lexcoin to 1500 lexcoin.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

weird. every time I touch my PS5 I think "who are the aids wizards who came up with this one"

This

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Suicide squad update: They raised all skin prices from 1100 lexcoin to 1500 lexcoin.

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Its a bold strategy cotton lets see if it works for them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is it actually called Lexcoin? lol

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
What if they raise the prices again?? I better buy some skins right now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

lmao the exact opposite of what they should be doing. Steam version is currently sitting at 1885 players.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Are they good skins?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Are they good skins?

No, they add a subtle fire / flame effect to your characters.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

things are looking up for lexcoin

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mr Hootington posted:

how many multiverse flashes do you have to piss on to get that many

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

how many multiverse flashes do you have to piss on to get that many

They are the paid with real money currency.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

No, they add a subtle fire / flame effect to your characters.

Are you serious? They aren’t even proper skins they’re just particle effects?

It’s a loving comic book game, there’s decades of designs to make real skins of!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gripweed posted:

Ever since the Wii, Nintendo gave up competing in terms of processing power and focused on making good games that are fun and people enjoy. But their competitors hit the plateau in video game processing power last generation. So a Switch 2 that is as powerful as a PS4 will have caught up with the other companies technologically, and will have good games that are fun.

ps3 hardware is the technological plateau for making good games that are fun
past that all you are doing is increasing development costs 10x for better graphics

I said come in! posted:

They are the paid with real money currency.

sounds like a bad game op