Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
"truckers are 95% trump" seems iffy, the teamsters union is sorta a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Shishkahuben posted:

I hate how "it'll get overturned on appeal" is such a meaningless, nebulous claim that it's everyone's first and last thought. It's "we'll take this all the way to the supreme court!" applied to someone who thinks the supreme court applies to everything ever, and also that they owe him a solid so it's a done deal.

Clueless jackass morons

"ok, what is the federal interest in overturning this case? what constitutional rights were violated? how was Trump not allowed to state his case? by the gag order telling him to not personally attack the law clerk? by stating for his taxes MAL was 20-30 million, but for his loans it was 1.5 billion? either he committed fraud to the IRS or to the people he was taking loans from. if he defaulted and the people went to clain the collateral he used for his loans, the loan granters would be screwed hard. that he didnt default changes nothing in the fact he used fraud to get the loan. Christ."

rhetorical, strawman chud, not aimed at you <3

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

I want to see some real suffering for this rear end in a top hat not just a hit to his wallet.

Putting it in the papers that he's poor is literally the worst thing you can do to his psyche

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

wrong. all the truckers will lay down their lives for trump. they told me they're gonna do that.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

my 20x20ft cabin is worth 1,100,000$ i just need a loan for 1000% of that. and its actually 4400 sq ft. and zoned for residential and recreational, and deed restricted and im living there. its also a glamourous resort. it makes me 50 million a year. so really, you would be stupid to not loan me this money.

yes, local taxes assess it at illegal and built without permits.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The next time he does a tv interview and gets asked about his finances is gonna be :discourse:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

Putting it in the papers that he's poor is literally the worst thing you can do to his psyche

i tried to watch the roast of Trump on comedy Central and that poo poo aged like hogshit on a hot asphault. and the comedy was bad

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Tricky Ed posted:

LOL, and furthermore, LMAO.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Trump can't appeal without putting up at least the total (if not more, counting interest) of the $355 million judgement as bond.

Same with the Carroll ruling. To even try and fight it he has to foot the whole bill up front :lol:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

The next time he does a tv interview and gets asked about his finances is gonna be :discourse:

Also his next campaign speech. Those are where he tends to go most off the rails.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ESDK posted:

This is an outrage! I was told no loads would be refused!

I Encourage all, true Patriots to support Trump by hanging banners upon their homes And vehicles reading: "No! Loads Refused!"
Thus will the libs be Owned

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

teamsters haven’t existed since trucks replaced their dumb asses u think truckers are actually scared of horse carts they’re their natural predators

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

kw0134 posted:

Trump Tower is a glass box in a sea of glass boxes, and it's not the most notable building in its immediate neighborhood, that distinction owned by the skyscraper by Philip Johnson which is known for its broken pediment that is a classic of the pomo era of architecture.

This was a million thread-years back, but I read the wiki page for this building and I think there are some pretty notable things about it, like

wiki posted:

On the sidewalk opposite the main entrance, there is a four-sided brown-and-beige clock, which was created by the Electric Time Company and is nearly 16 feet (4.9 m) tall. In August 2023, The New York Times wrote that the clock had been installed illegally, as the building's owner, the Trump Organization, had neither applied for nor received a permit. The Trump Organization finally applied for a permit in 2015

The top story is marked as "68" because, according to Trump, the five-story-tall public atrium occupied the height of ten ordinary stories. However, several Bloomberg L.P. writers later determined that Trump's calculations did not account for the fact the ceiling heights in Trump Tower were much taller than in comparable buildings, and the tower did not have any floors numbered 6–13. According to one author, the building may have as few as 48 usable stories

Trump Tower has been described as one of the city's least energy-efficient buildings per square foot. In 2017, Trump Tower's Energy Star score was 44 out of 100, below the city's overall median Energy Star score and lower than the 48 out of 100 score recorded in 2015

In return for providing privately operated public space (POPS), Trump received floor area ratio (FAR) zoning bonuses that amounted to 105,436 square feet (9,795.3 m2), allowing him to add several floors to the building. Under city law, POPS must be accessible from the street, provide a place to sit, and not require the public to purchase anything. Sometime prior to 2008, the Trump Organization removed the public bench and installed a counter selling Trump-branded merchandise in the public space passageway inside the Fifth Avenue entrance. They were fined $2,500 in 2008 but the counter remained. By 2015, a second counter had been added. In 2016, the Trump Organization was fined $14,000 and ordered to remove the sales counters and reinstall the bench

Trump Grill was generally panned as gaudy-looking and the food bland-tasting. Vanity Fair called it a contender for "the worst restaurant in America"

Trump said he had placed the lowest residential story on floor 30 as part of a marketing strategy for all his towers, and that he "did not see why he should be forced to call the first residential floor something mundane like the second floor, or even the 20th floor." Trump may also have numbered the residential floors because he disliked the fact that the nearby General Motors Building was 41 feet (12 m) taller

A writer for New York magazine said the [zoning] approval of Trump Tower has "legitimized a pushy kid nobody took seriously,"

The architect initially proposed a design similar to Boston's John Hancock Tower, but Trump objected strongly. He preferred a building that was both expensive and very tall

Barbara Res, who had worked on some of Trump's other projects, was hired as the construction executive in October 1980. Res was the first woman assigned to oversee a major New York City construction site. She was often ignored by subcontractors and suppliers who were new to the project, as they thought the person in charge of construction was a man

In May 1983, a glass windowpane fell from a crane installing windows on the tower, hitting two pedestrians, one of whom later died from a skull fracture

By 1986, between 15% and 20% of the tower's original stores had closed or moved to another location. The commercial rents were the highest of any building along Fifth Avenue at the time, with retail space in the atrium costing $450 per square foot ($4,800/m2) per year. One writer for Vanity Fair magazine noted that as tenants were evicted from the tower's atrium due to high rents, several of them sued the Trump Organization for issues such as overbilling and illegal lease termination

Wells Fargo & Co., the master servicer of the $100 million mortgage loan Trump took out in 2012, placed the tower on a debt watch list in September 2021 because its average occupancy had fallen to 78.9% from 85.9% at the end of 2020. By early 2024, Gucci was the only large retailer in the tower's retail atrium, which had once contained up to 60 stores

Qatar Airways, owned by the Qatari government, has rented commercial space in the tower since at least 2008, a fact that news media outlets noted when Executive Order 13769 suspended immigration from seven majority-Muslim countries but not from Qatar

The rent paid by the Donald Trump 2016 presidential campaign for its Trump Tower headquarters increased from a monthly $35,458 in March 2016 in rent to $169,758 in August

Angelo Donghia provided the original black-and-white, brass-and-mahogany design for the [Trump] penthouse, which was later replaced with a gold-and-Greek-column design after Trump reportedly saw the more lavish house of Saudi businessman Adnan Khashoggi

Chuck Blazer, the former president of CONCACAF, rented two apartments on the 49th floor, one occupied by himself and another occupied by his cats, for a combined $24,000 oer month. The apartments and office space were described as part of an "extravagant" lifestyle that ultimately resulted in Blazer being apprehended and becoming an FBI informant in a corruption investigation into several soccer organizations

During Trump's presidency, the Secret Service initially used the apartment directly underneath Trump's triplex penthouse as their command post but moved into a trailer on the sidewalk in July 2017

The art dealer Robert Miller owned a gallery across Fifth Avenue from the Bonwit Teller Building [which stood on the site now occupied by Trump Tower]. When Miller heard the building was to be demolished, he contacted Penelope Hunter-Stiebel, a curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In December 1979, Stiebel and Trump agreed that the Art Deco limestone bas-relief sculptures of semi-nude goddesses on the Bonwit Teller Building's facade, as well as the massive ornate 15 by 25 feet (4.6 by 7.6 m) grille above the store's entrance, would be removed and donated to the Metropolitan Museum. On April 16, 1980, the grille and sculptures were removed from the building. They were set to be transported to a junkyard and destroyed because, according to Trump, there were general hazard concerns, expense, and a possible 10-day construction delay due to the difficulty of removing them. Trump later acknowledged he had personally ordered the destruction of the sculptures and grille. Trump said these "so-called Art Deco sculptures, which were garbage by the way," had been informally appraised by three different individuals as "not valuable"

Trump had paid $774,000 to a window-cleaning company that employed undocumented Polish immigrants during [demolition and construction]. According to the laborers, they were paid $4 an hour (equivalent to $12 in 2022) for 12-hour shifts, and were not told about asbestos in the under-construction structure

Trump maintained a connection with organized crime members to supply the building's concrete. Mafia-connected union boss John Cody supplied Trump with concrete in exchange for giving his mistress a high-level apartment with a pool

Trump claimed to own the painting Two Sisters (On the Terrace), an 1881 work by French Impressionist artist Pierre-Auguste Renoir. The original work hangs in the Art Institute of Chicago. In October 2017, Timothy L. O'Brien said that...he asked Trump about the copy of Two Sisters, which was then on Trump's plane. Trump repeatedly said his copy was the genuine work. The Art Institute of Chicago released a statement refuting Trump's claim that his Renoir copy (later moved to his penthouse office) was the genuine one

The fifth edition of the AIA Guide to New York City, published in 2010, described Trump Tower as...less like a high-end "Veuve Clicquot" and more like a generic "malt liquor."

...it's basically mycrimes.bldg with a dash of pettiness to keep things interesting (unlike the food in the building's restaurants)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I love these internally conflicting marching orders

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

If he loses his NJ properties what happens to Ivana's remains? I'm assuming they come with the property.

If they do, can the new owner have them disinterred? Could we finally see what criminal evidence Trump stashed in her coffin?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

mdxi posted:

Barbara Res, who had worked on some of Trump's other projects, was hired as the construction executive in October 1980. Res was the first woman assigned to oversee a major New York City construction site. She was often ignored by subcontractors and suppliers who were new to the project, as they thought the person in charge of construction was a man

Trump did a.... good thing?

Oh Donny done it again!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

cr0y posted:

I love these internally conflicting marching orders

In fact, it would be extremely funny if Trup dies miserably in prison

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What happens to Trump Co. assets in NY now?

Is there a chance they will be liquidated? And is there a chance that they will be liquidated via public auction?

Basically I want to see the scene from the Simpsons recreated where Bart becomes a Warehouse owner for $1. Only this time with Orange Donny PooPants raging in the background that it is worth 100, now 1,000 times that amount.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

What happens to Trump Co. assets in NY now?

Is there a chance they will be liquidated? And is there a chance that they will be liquidated via public auction?

Basically I want to see the scene from the Simpsons recreated where Bart becomes a Warehouse owner for $1. Only this time with Orange Donny PooPants raging in the background that it is worth 100, now 1,000 times that amount.

Trump is going to squirm and worm as much as he can for the rest of his dwindling life to get out of paying any amount of this judgement or at least forestalling it for as long as he can. So what I'm interested in is if/when the state of New York just goes "gently caress it" and starts repossessing Trump's assets and properties by force, if they're even allowed to.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

winterwerefox posted:

my 20x20ft cabin is worth 1,100,000$ i just need a loan for 1000% of that. and its actually 4400 sq ft. and zoned for residential and recreational, and deed restricted and im living there. its also a glamourous resort. it makes me 50 million a year. so really, you would be stupid to not loan me this money.

yes, local taxes assess it at illegal and built without permits.

I don’t see an Ironclad Disclaimer aka “WORTHLESS” Clause here OP, you’re flying pretty close to the sun without one.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I am probably wrong, but isn't the entire trump family on the hook for that half a bil?

E: VVVV yeah, I thought so, although the sexual assault thing is on him personally.

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 17, 2024

zone
Dec 6, 2016

staberind posted:

I am probably wrong, but isn't the entire trump family on the hook for that half a bil?

Yes, it's just that Donny T has to pay the lion's share of the sum

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Isn't it just two of the trump brothers who have the $4 million a piece against them thing?

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Trust me, I have been dead before in this lifetime.
:rip:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I knew the GOP would eventually find a way to get the dead to vote for them!!!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

We all laugh at Tiffany for being the forgotten child of his least favorite wife.

But she managed to keep herself out of all of this. She also avoided the live of a model turned handbag designer turned failed socialite constantly fighting off the advances of her increasingly senile father and evil husband that Ivanka got dealt.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Sure just regurgitate trump’s exact same word barf point for point

It’s so calculated they have to know exactly what they’re doing and how stupid it is. They’re just counting on their rubes being stupider

I think they really are that stupid though tbh

This particular crop of GOP Congress dipshits seem like dumber than pig poo poo true believers, I have no doubt they actually think Trump magically wins on appeal because he's the President and rich.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

LordSloth posted:

Trust me, I have been dead before in this lifetime.
:rip:

yeah brain dead hur hur hur

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I clicked on the GoFundMe link.

Someone donated $2500.

$2500 could make a serious difference, if just for small things, for most of the people in this thread.

And you just pinch your nose bridge and lament that it's going to a so-called billionaire.

He is their stash.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fishmasher posted:

why do people who seem to have no empathy for anyone else in the world get so angry when just this one single guy loses a court case

some actually behave like it's hurting them personally, but wouldn't care at all when it happens to anybody else

is it all a fake display to demonstrate loyalty, or have they made him into an extension of themselves

They are narcissists, Trump is their King and Avatar of hate, so yes, this is now a personal injury. He thinks like they do, and they can never be wrong about their support, so they will just double down.

Like US culture in particular due to the nature of our insane Patriarchal Evangelical nepo baby social darwinist "capitalism" just creates a lot of stupid narcissist dipshits.

Narcissists are the loving worst. Anyone who has family members who are (like mine) sees this poo poo coming from a mile away.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

weg posted:

I registered as an independent 20yrs ago when I signed up to vote for the first time. I've pretty much exclusively voted for Dem/Independent candidates since. I'd say I'm a good bit further left in my political leanings than the core of the Democratic party but the main reason I've never registered as a Dem is because the people in charge are loving morons who should be easily dunking on Republicans every time but somehow cannot figure out how to market to young people.

One hundred percent same. Registered as a Dem at the fuckin' county fair (i mean good job guys) and dropped a ballot for Kerry. Then decided I was left and not a party person and switched to Ind as soon as I could

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Also his next campaign speech. Those are where he tends to go most off the rails.

I do think this might start to break off his supporters too (the crazy ones that follow him like he's a band on tour).

He's whining about how he's actually so rich but you need to give him money while they spent a fortune (to them) just following him? Something is going to start breaking.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

$300 million+ fine is a lot but he can probably raid the RNC + have his cultists donate enough to cover that in about 6-8 months so I wouldn't get too hopeful that this will be enough to cause him to face any real consequences.

Any appeal attempts are going to be bullshit but I don't doubt that even with his mediocre lawyers he'll be able to avoid paying out on that for years given how far they were able to stretch things with basically NOTHING factual or sensible.

Supposedly he got over $700 million in 2020 for his campaign for reference.

So this will probably make a dent in his and the ability of the RNC to campaign effectively, which is good, but I really doubt its sufficient on its own to be a game changer there either.

Would love to be wrong on this of course but the guilty verdicts for the criminal cases against him are what I'm really jonesing for.

Lol no

You can't just "raise" 300 million from an already tapped out pool of idiots. His PACs can't legally pay it if they want to do. He can't take out or do business with ANY entity in NY.

The appeal has to have a basis, or it will be laughed out of court and dismissed outright. The appeal "fraud is not a CRIME!" is utterly insane.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Snuffman posted:

I do think this might start to break off his supporters too (the crazy ones that follow him like he's a band on tour).

He's whining about how he's actually so rich but you need to give him money while they spent a fortune (to them) just following him? Something is going to start breaking.

No they won't

These are Narcissists. If you have never truly met or lived with a narc, it is very difficult to understand, but the simplest way to put it is they are NEVER wrong, about anything ever. Everything bad is someone else's fault, no matter what. THEY were always right. And they will hurt or manipulate anyone or anything, because they are just so drat right about everything.

Trump is an extension of them now, because he obviously agrees with them and that makes him super smart, and the Narcissistic injury is too great to admit they have been wrong for 10+ years, so they will continue to double down, until they rage out. I don't know why really, but bigger Narcissists seem to attract little Narcissists like Flies, and Trump is about as big as you can get

Narcissists are some of the most dangerous, toxic people, but they think very simple patterns and are incredibly easy to predict and avoid once you know someone is one. If you don't provide them with emotional "supply", like praise and deference, they will move on very quickly to new targets.

Right now, alot of these fuckwads' family members have gone no contact, they have lost job opportunities btw, so they are getting their collective narcissistic "supply" from Trump. Him facing these consequences breaks down their reality bubble, creating a narcissistic injury.

BUT the reality bubble will go back up, it will just fit into the ever expanding narrative about how they were wronged. Narcissists have two modes: Sadistically happy when someone else is getting hurt or controlled by them, and utterly miserable and "slighted" by everyone around them.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Feb 17, 2024

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

TulliusCicero posted:

You can't just "raise" 300 million from an already tapped out pool of idiots.
Unfortunately his pool of idiots is nowhere near tapped out.

He raised more than $700 million in 2020.

$300-400+ million is huge chunk of that earnings potential, and it will have negative effects on RNC and Republicans running for office down ballot, but that still leaves several hundred million for him to play with.

And that is assuming his cultists don't decide to en masse second mortgage their homes to donate even more for him in 2024. They're exactly the type to do it. He knows his marks well.

TulliusCicero posted:

The appeal has to have a basis, or it will be laughed out of court and dismissed outright. The appeal "fraud is not a CRIME!" is utterly insane.
I already said any appeal will be bullshit dude. In the very post you quoted even.

I don't think he can win on appeal or even significantly knock down his fines on appeal either. As Engoron notes repeatedly he was too much of a aggressive rear end in a top hat in all ways. That doesn't mean his lawyers can't find ways to delay payment for a long time.

Again they basically had nothing, and aren't even all that good lawyers to begin with, and still manage to drag things out all the drat time. The system favors the riches ability to do so too much here.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

No they won't

These are Narcissists. If you have never truly met or lived with a narc, it is very difficult to understand, but the simplest way to put it is they are NEVER wrong, about anything ever. Everything bad is someone else's fault, no matter what. THEY were always right. And they will hurt or manipulate anyone pr anything, because they are just so drat right about everything.

Trump is an extension of them now, because he obviously agrees with them and that makes him super smart, and the Narcissistic injury is too great to admit they have been wrong for 10+ years, so they will continue to double down, until they rage out. I don't know why really, but bigger Narcissists seem to attract little Narcissists like Flies, and Trump is about as big as you can get.

Big Narcs have Little Narcs upon their backs to bite 'em,
And Little Narcs have Lesser Narcs, And so Ad Infinitum

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

I can't believe the RNC just lost $365 million today. :wow:

They’re going to be bought out by the saudis along with every other American institution

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It's not just these payments though. He still has how many more court cases coming up that are going to rack up how many 10's of millions more in lawyer fees. Also a lot of the bigger money comes where your winning, the rank and file MAGA crowd arn't the ones who got him up to 700 million last time. There's all the big donors who won't be donating if they know it's all just going to pay for trumps fines. Then the less donations he gets the less likely others are to donate.

Also there are legitimate quite expensive campaign costs as well. He can try and skimp on some of them, not all of them though.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

whatever happened to QAnon? if support for something like that can die off, there's hope