Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

never allow a wrestler to manage a company, mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Peanut President posted:

the product is bad ops

Lol
Lmao even

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony taking the book from the wrestlers is why it sucks now, keep up

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Peanut President posted:

the product is bad ops

consider yourself true ignored

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also got to be honest I'd be afraid for my life if I saw someone trying to drop one of these full of TVs on me but the doctors have diagnosed me as built different. Very weak and with a soft part of the brain.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

1glitch0 posted:

To help with any potential lawsuit SB (Smashed Balls) Punk would threaten. Saying he feared for his life and for the safety of other employees sounded very lawyer-scripted to me.

I don't think I'd say that about someone as litigious as Punk if it weren't true and considering there was no legal action after, have to think he was telling to the truth.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Peanut President posted:

the product is bad ops

Watch any good matches lately?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

UnleashedDad posted:

I don't think I'd say that about someone as litigious as Punk if it weren't true and considering there was no legal action after, have to think he was telling to the truth.

How is Punk going to prove that getting into a fight backstage and screaming and knocking poo poo over didn't actually make Tony fear for his life?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

What are you referring to exactly?

i mean other than the whole wrestling thing the company is a giant mess

their merch is mostly garbage, talent relations has been a nightmare until recently even if you exclude punk, they hire japanese talent and give them no assistance in relocation, their tickets are still overpriced as gently caress for the most part causing their attendance to suffer, they let their champion book himself directly into the core of the planet for an entire year, and the big boss is a mark who tends to make decisions based on his markdom

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wow

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wwe watchers and not believing victims :( in the hell thread of all places

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Critical posted:

their merch is mostly garbage, talent relations has been a nightmare until recently even if you exclude punk, they hire japanese talent and give them no assistance in relocation, their tickets are still overpriced as gently caress for the most part causing their attendance to suffer, they let their champion book himself directly into the core of the planet for an entire year, and the big boss is a mark who tends to make decisions based on his markdom

Most wrestling merch is garbage OP

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
believing billionaires. sad state of affairs.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

How is Punk going to prove that getting into a fight backstage and screaming and knocking poo poo over didn't actually make Tony fear for his life?

By showing that his actions wouldn't make a reasonable person fear for their life in a court of law :blush:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Pylons posted:

Most wrestling merch is garbage OP

they had a few not completely embarrassing designs early on and thus they gave me hope. then the $150 sublimated bomber jackets came

also some of the prints are neat if you are a recluse who never has company

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Critical posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also what happened is that they wrote in the contract "you can't hit anyone backstage" and then he did and the fear for his life stuff was to keep the dumbest fans from having an absolute meltdown about the second city saint being a dumbass. Didn't work!

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 20, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ugh bush ugh gross.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Critical posted:

My God they're the same. Both promotions are exactly the same. Wrestling is cursed.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

1glitch0 posted:

I would imagine the cameras filming everything backstage would help with that

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also what happened is that they wrote in the contract "you can't hit anyone backstage and then he did" and the fear for his life stuff was to keep the dumbest fans from having an absolute meltdown about the second city saint being a dumbass. Didn't work!

tbf to tony taking the heat like that was a g move even if he said something stupidly hyperbolic. and it pretty much did work cause they booed him and then shut the gently caress up about it for the rest of the weekend

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Critical posted:

tbf to tony taking the heat like that was a g move even if he said something stupidly hyperbolic. and it pretty much did work cause they booed him and then shut the gently caress up about it for the rest of the weekend

agreed!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I think if someone yelled at me and lunged and scuffled with folks in a place containing monitors, heavy carts, lots of industrial wiring, soundboards, lighting rigs, etc. and I was surrounded by nonwrestlers who are middle aged and didn't sign up for this and monitors were falling around me I would in fact fear for my life and would have no reason to lie about it on TV but that's just me

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CM Punk's lawyer submitting his UFC fights as evidence that even though he had someone in a choke hold they had no reasonable reason to fear for their life

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was CM Punk going to KILL Tony Khan? No, probably not. If Tony Khan's life or the life of anybody else backstage had ever been in legitimate danger, CM Punk would probably be looking at a heavy amount of civil liability if not jailtime right now.

Was Tony Khan lying when he said he feared for his life? No, he obviously wasn't. He's an average guy, of slight build, surrounded by heavy A/V equipment with a tall, athletic man lunging at him. It doesn't take a lot to injure the human body. It can be pretty fuckin' fragile in the right circumstances. It is also possible to fear for your life in the moment but for it to not have been in that much danger, rationally speaking. That is what stress tends to do to people.

Stop bein' weird. Just because it's Hell Thread doesn't mean you need to be fuckin' weird.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

1glitch0 posted:

believing billionaires. sad state of affairs.

Even worse: not wanting to see them killed by their employees. Guillotine everyone whose posted in this thread. Myself included. La Republique must be preserved.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

Was CM Punk going to KILL Tony Khan? No, probably not. If Tony Khan's life or the life of anybody else backstage had ever been in legitimate danger, CM Punk would probably be looking at a heavy amount of civil liability if not jailtime right now.

Was Tony Khan lying when he said he feared for his life? No, he obviously wasn't. He's an average guy, of slight build, surrounded by heavy A/V equipment with a tall, athletic man lunging at him. It doesn't take a lot to injure the human body. It can be pretty fuckin' fragile in the right circumstances. It is also possible to fear for your life in the moment but for it to not have been in that much danger, rationally speaking. That is what stress tends to do to people.

Stop bein' weird. Just because it's Hell Thread doesn't mean you need to be fuckin' weird.

Wait who was the athletic man??

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joe

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

poo poo i take it all back, i believe tony feared for his life

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

you know AEW is doing good when Pepsi Phil dominates the hell thread

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also what happened is that they wrote in the contract "you can't hit anyone backstage" and then he did and the fear for his life stuff was to keep the dumbest fans from having an absolute meltdown about the second city saint being a dumbass. Didn't work!

you should be able to hit anyone you want backstage at aew

you should be allowed to walk around and haul off and slug someone just because. fellow wrestlers, refs, random family members, cops, your own relfection in a mirror becuase you got scared, whoever you want

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

you should be able to hit anyone you want backstage at aew

you should be allowed to walk around and haul off and slug someone just because. fellow wrestlers, refs, random family members, cops, your own relfection in a mirror becuase you got scared, whoever you want

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

this scene from the brady bunch except it’s a rack of TCLs from Amazon, and the judge asks if everyone is okay afterwards and tony admits he’s totally fine

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The true hell thread take is inverting the hell on itself and saying gee whiz AEW is perfect and I want to give it a big kiss

But frankly I'm not sure anyone, myself included, is powerful enough to make that take. I've still got a long way to go because I still can't accept FTR.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony is doing cocaine

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tony is doing cocaine

good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tony is doing cocaine

What the gently caress

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

going to sleep after i say mean gene

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this scene from the brady bunch except it’s a rack of TCLs from Amazon, and the judge asks if everyone is okay afterwards and tony admits he’s totally fine

mean gene

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

also lamo at the idea that AEW as a company only knows how to do good wrestling but is a mess with everything else. Yeah there are issues in places but compared to every other wrestling company that has started up or number sports league that tried to compete with an established competitor they are way better run. They've been around for 5 years and if they get decent TV money they'll be around for a lot longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

tell yourself whatever you like hiring butterbean was irresponsible. making butterbean world champ was irresponsible