Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kalman posted:

If you cap it at 50, then you have the PoE problem where resist capping is more important than it seems. If you’re 5% under, you’re actually taking 10% more damage than designed for. The point of the -75-0 scale is that every % you’re short of the cap is only 1% more damage than they designed for.

I mean then just cap it at 30% or something. You can arrive at something mathematically equivalent starting at 0 instead of having a hidden penetration mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Clarste posted:

I've managed to play online every day since launch. Sometimes the loading is awful, sometimes the matchmaking servers go down completely, but overall it's been like 70-80% playable for me. And once I got to monoliths it's been smooth sailing.

Moral of the story: use the forbidden monolith tech for the rest of the game.

Yeah same, maybe we've just been lucky but it's honestly not been nearly as unplayable for me as a lot of people seem to be presenting, and because it's gamers I have no idea whether it's just people gamering because they lost half an hour of their 12 hour pissbottle sesh or whether it's an actual problem. Steam says I'm just shy of 22 hours since launch, and I reckon I've had about 80-90% uptime, and when I have had issues they've never lasted longer than it's taken me to grab some lunch or read all the latest GBS posts or whatever.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I can still do CoF in offline mode right?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

queeb posted:

I can still do CoF in offline mode right?

Yes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

xZAOx posted:

I think they're at like 90 now. They really ballooned up the past year or something.

And yeah, my goodwill is running out too. It's day 5, and today's the worst it's been. The rest of the time I've been able to get in and play at least some, and honestly the past 2 days haven't been that bad at all. But today? I can't even get in-game.

Not to mention, it's been 3 hours without any update on WTF is going on either, which is disappointing. Judd explicitly said that his goal was to keep everyone with updates every 30 minutes or so when there was downtime.

So yeah man. Goodwill is running out. I'm worried the problem is something a lot more serious than "more servers" or "oh currently overloaded". Like some core implementation just can't keep up without someone manually restarting a server every 10 minutes, lol.

They're still hitting new Peaks since launch, so I kinda sorta get why the problems are persisting. But I also get where the players are coming from, clearly something's fundamentally wrong and they seem to have no idea how to fix it.

That said, as a developer myself I feel bad for the 1 or 2 networking guys who seemingly have no idea what the problem is -- and I would not want to be giving 30 minute updates while trying to figure out what the problem is. That's just uneeded stress on people already making GBS threads their pants.

Clarste posted:

How do you get your dodge high enough to rely on it anyway? The most I've gotten is like 30% with all the dodge passives, which didn't seem reliable enough to be relevant and it only got worse in higher level areas, so I switched them all out. Like, dodge is already fundamentally unreliable in a game like this, but LOW dodge is just completely worthless. Do I need to be stacking dodge on all my gear to get any value out of it at all?

I think I'm only at like 20%, but I think a big part of it is getting enough Glancing Blow chance? I had a passive that converted Block Chance to Glancing Blow chance which seemed significant. Though now I'm running a Catalyst offhand so I guess I should respec out of that and see how big of a deal it is to my survivability.

reservoir hogs
Jan 24, 2024

egg

Deformed Church posted:

Yeah same, maybe we've just been lucky but it's honestly not been nearly as unplayable for me as a lot of people seem to be presenting, and because it's gamers I have no idea whether it's just people gamering because they lost half an hour of their 12 hour pissbottle sesh or whether it's an actual problem. Steam says I'm just shy of 22 hours since launch, and I reckon I've had about 80-90% uptime, and when I have had issues they've never lasted longer than it's taken me to grab some lunch or read all the latest GBS posts or whatever.

Personally I've gotten maybe 5-6 hours of playtime in since launch. It's pretty bad as far as my experience has gone but it does unfortunately seem to be luck of the draw as to whether people are having issues or not. I'll try for 15-20 minutes to get in while I'm doing other things and if I can't get in, I might try again an hour later or I'll just keep doing the other things I was doing anyways. Not a huge deal because I'm An Adult who doesn't throw tantrums over videogames but it is kinda disappointing because the game is really fun.

I should just play offline honestly because I don't have a huge desire to party for content very much though, honestly.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah, playing offline is seamless and I'm in no hurry for multiplayer stuff. This really does seem to be the sweet spot between Diablo 3 being too simple and Path of Exile being too stiff and interminable (and also I've played a lot of PoE and am a bit bored with it).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

reservoir hogs posted:

Personally I've gotten maybe 5-6 hours of playtime in since launch. It's pretty bad as far as my experience has gone but it does unfortunately seem to be luck of the draw as to whether people are having issues or not. I'll try for 15-20 minutes to get in while I'm doing other things and if I can't get in, I might try again an hour later or I'll just keep doing the other things I was doing anyways. Not a huge deal because I'm An Adult who doesn't through tantrums over videogames but it is kinda disappointing because the game is really fun.

I should just play offline honestly because I don't have a huge desire to party for content very much though, honestly.

Pretty similar for me. For now it's whatever but when they start having new "cycle" content they have to get this poo poo sorted out.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
mentioned it before but just play a few rounds of Balatro while you're loading a new zone

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

How do you get your dodge high enough to rely on it anyway? The most I've gotten is like 30% with all the dodge passives, which didn't seem reliable enough to be relevant and it only got worse in higher level areas, so I switched them all out. Like, dodge is already fundamentally unreliable in a game like this, but LOW dodge is just completely worthless. Do I need to be stacking dodge on all my gear to get any value out of it at all?

You need to get to like, 2000 dodge rating to have a 50% dodge chance. For endgame people usually just take the glancing blow conversion in blade dancer or Foot of the Mountain to turn it into endurance threshold if they touch it at all.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

still having connection problems days later :thumbsdown:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I'm getting stuck on an infinite Connecting... screen, does that mean I'll get in eventually or should I just plan on doing something else for the time being?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lpzie my brother... I found a non-lp one of those in the middle of the campaign and have been wearing it... quite a fun piece of "gear" so I congratulate you on your 3lp

ty ty 👍🏼 😘
add me and let's play.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

EHG_Derek in Discord at 11:30 AM Pacific posted:

Hey everyone, in about 10 minutes we'll be pushing a backend deploy that targets our transitions times. There will be no downtime during this initial push, however players may notice some instability while the fix rolls out.

I'm gonna go get lunch and see how things are after

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

If I'm getting stuck on an infinite Connecting... screen, does that mean I'll get in eventually or should I just plan on doing something else for the time being?

You will probably eventually connect, or maybe get kicked back to the character select screen a few times and then connect, but...

I'd say if you aren't already in monoliths, then you should either play offline or find something else to do. It's possible to play the game online, but it's incredibly unpleasant if you have to regularly change zones because you're doing the campaign. I stuck it out online so far because it seemed like they were figuring it out and things were improving, but it's been pretty much the same the whole weekend, and the only thing that makes it playable is once you're in the area with monoliths you're completely unaffected.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

exquisite tea posted:

Force quit your client if it's on connecting for more than like 20 seconds. Region swap if your connection can afford it

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

It's a lovely game to play (fully offline here) and i desperately needed a change from POE, think i'll be running with it for a few months. :)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

btw, something I never experienced in 0.9 before: boss drops are now the same items to everyone in your party. different rolls,, and LP, but always the same ones. was there a patch note about this? I feel like even day 1 or 2, that wasn't the case. very fishy....

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dumb Question: Can you progress 2 separate Monoliths? Or can you only ever have 1 "active"

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Each monolith has its own progress that is saved for each character, and you can switch between them whenever you want.

Once you unlock empowered monoliths, you can even have two versions of each, one at the default level and the other at level 100, though there's not much reason to go back to unempowered unless your character is struggling.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Dumb Question: Can you progress 2 separate Monoliths? Or can you only ever have 1 "active"

ya the stability and progress is saved between all monos, both empowered and normal versions. if you are in party, you also get progress towards the stability but not the web if you have that mono unlocked. also, you can afk in the after-echo hub area while your party keeps doing echos and if you dont join you still get the full stability for the echo completion (just no reward at the end).

some general mono advice:
the thing you want to do is rush empowered asap while finishing off your resistances and some exalted gear. then once in empowered, pick one mono that has a good blessing you want to farm, and stay in it for awhile (i.e., many many boss kills -- Reign of Dragons is a popular one), pushing the corruption as high as you feel you can reasonably take it while not sacrificing clear speed. don't worry about the bonus stability; once the echos cleared, go next. now when you go after the other monos for their blessings, even though they are all at 100 corruption, you get a big bonus after killing orobyss the first time to kinda "catch up" to your highest corruption mono. if you have like a 350 corruption mono you can jump to 200 with just one orobyss kill and 1 or 2 gazes, i think (haven't confirmed it in 1.0 yet, but that was about right in 0.9).

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Online's been running great the last few hours. Falconer owns.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Barreft posted:

Falconer owns.

this bird is getting giga-nerfed for sure so I'm enjoying it while I can

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so uh shadow daggers is still fuckin good poo poo eh, trying out falconer shadow daggers and lol

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Yeah I’m doing Allie’s build with dive bomb + smoke bomb and it’s silly

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

frajaq posted:

this bird is getting giga-nerfed for sure so I'm enjoying it while I can

for real

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just got a solid hour or so in with generally pretty quick zone transitions. It seems like early town areas like cultist camp and council chambers are more likely to hang than just a combat zone.

Playing a warlock bleed build and it's good fun. Chthonic fissure does most of the work for me :cthulhu:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

man the market is better than i thought. i thought nobody would buy t6s or +1 levels items cause they drop a lot. but nope. they fly...

here's an item 100/100 of the time i leave o nthe ground

i didn't even really figure out if the price was good, just threw up a random number

lol.. crazy

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Went back to chapter 6 from monos just to get to c9 to get the trade faction.
Duh monos are great
Been there since ~35-ish

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Going from spellblade to falconer is insane, I'm not seeing most enemies before they're dead

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fancy stats posted:

Going from spellblade to falconer is insane, I'm not seeing most enemies before they're dead

I haven't started playing yet but what build is this?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I'm just spamming ballista at the edge of the screen

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

This is one of the most fun Paladin type characters I've played. I tend to like tanky, relatively lazy DoT builds in these games, and Paladin here has a pretty good one. It's basically just charge in, trying to hit as many enemies on the charge as possible to spread ailments and stack fire penetration, then hit Judgement for the healing and consecration aura that burns everything else to death while you swing away. Just about to start monoliths so we'll see how it goes there but through the campaign it's been consistently very fun and cool looking.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah Falconer is really OP lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

queeb posted:

Yeah Falconer is really OP lol

This Falcon is one of the most vicious minion pets I've ever had in a game lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

The Shadow repeat divebombs where you can get like 7x repeated divebombs at once looks nuts

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I love pet builds in ARPGs. I'm playing a necromancer online and falconer offline. Ordinarily I would have no patience for swapping back and forth between two characters at similar levels of progression as I'm doing when there are server problems but falconer is so good it's making me not care about that at all

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sab669 posted:

They're still hitting new Peaks since launch, so I kinda sorta get why the problems are persisting. But I also get where the players are coming from, clearly something's fundamentally wrong and they seem to have no idea how to fix it.

That said, as a developer myself I feel bad for the 1 or 2 networking guys who seemingly have no idea what the problem is -- and I would not want to be giving 30 minute updates while trying to figure out what the problem is. That's just uneeded stress on people already making GBS threads their pants.

It's definitely something with networking - if you haven't, run it in offline mode and do just the first zone. There's an immediately obvious difference, offline mode the game is so responsive and the feedback is so much better. Cutscenes and clickable objects just work in a way they don't in online mode, even playing solo.

That's before you even get in to zoning issues and that sort of thing.

For me, I've given up on it for at least a week or so. Every time I try to play I either can't log in, or get through maybe 4 zones before hitting a loading wall that I'm just not going to waste time on. I could try a bunch of times to zone or wait 10 minutes on a loading screen, or I could go play a game that's working.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah i have a falconer offline and online and the one offline feels infinitely better to play, like its 2 different games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

here are the 0lp uniques that have a market (big or small). anything else, don't bother. (if i did a section, it's complete [uniques and sets]. didn't do all types tho cause too much effort. i was just clearing out my tabs a bit) also, i only checked the first page. anything with all 0 gold entries was not listed. but it's possible only the really well rolled uniques have a market and i didn't see it. so keep that in mind. prices i list are the bottom. if you have a well rolled one, check carefully.

relics
melvern's writ (200k+; the +3% minion bow crit is important here to get 350k+)
anchor of oblivion (80k+)
stormcarved testament (350k+)
twisted heart of uhkeiros (250k+; sold a near perfect one for 1mil)
ashes of orchirian (10k+)
dedication of an erased primalist (check weaver's will, 5k+)
knowledge of an erased mage (check weaver's will, above 10 tho; 5k+)
code of an erased sentinel (check weaver's will, 2k+)
ambitions of an erased acolyte (same as above, 40k+)
gambit of an erased rogue (" " " , 5k+)
box of hydrae (30k+)

amulets
strong mind (5k+ if above 40 mana)
bleeding heart (10k+, check rolls)
chimaera's essence (10k+ for mid rolls.)
the claw (3k+ for good rolls)
death rattle (25k+)
the fang (10k+ for mid rolls)
orian's eye (2.4 mil+ )
frozen eyes of formosus (1k+ for low rolls, 100k for high minion cold dmg)
the confluence of fate (1k+ at the bottom, 50k+ for something decent)
gambler's fallacy (10k+)
xithara's conundrum (5k+ low end, 50k+ for good rolls)
eye of storms (2k+ low end, 30k for a decent one)
logi's hunger (40k+ bottom end)
serpent's milk (1k+, 10k for ok rolls)
omnis (650k+ to over many millions, check rolls)
aurora's time glass (30k+)
devotion (1k+, 50k+ for good rolls)
soul gambler's fallacy (240k+)
tears of the forest ( 1k+, 30k+ for good rolls)
apostate's sanctuary (2k+, 30k+ for good rolls)
the invoker's frozen heart (set item, 30k+ if near perfect. pages of 0 gold otherwise)
locket of the forgotten knight (set item, 3k+, 20k+ good rolls)

rings
arboreal circuit (2k+)
hollow finger (1k+)
liath's signet (1k+)
heirloom of the last nomad (2k+)
oceanreon (450k+)
quicksilver coil (1k+)
silvafrond (100k+)
ashes of mortality (5k+)
penumbra (2k+)
red ring of atlaria (2mil+)
font of the erased (check the weaver's will; 5k+)
cycle of putrescence (3k+)
the invoker's scorching grasp (set item; 1k+)
the invoker's static touch (set item; 1k+)
ferebor's persistence (set item; 2k+)

boots
mourningfrost (50k - 500k; freeze rate seems to be the mod ppl want over ms.)
fiery dragon shoes (5k+)
last steps of the living (10k+)
yulia's path (10k+ with decent rolls)
foot of the mountain (100k+)
vaion's chariot (5k+)
advent of the erased (5k+)
blood of the exile (1k+)

gloves
mortality's grasp (20k+)
ravens' rise (100k+)
salt the wound (20k+)
ravenous void (1.4 mil +)
frostbite shackles (450k+)
sacrificial embrace (5k+)
burning avarice (200k+)
swaddling of the erased (weavers will; 5k+)
isadora's gravechill (set item; 1k)
the last bear's fury (set item; 500 gold)
zerrick's greed (set item; 500 gold)
lich's envy (set item; 10k+)

helmets
fractured crown (weird one, only 1 listing at 10 mil [joke?]. obtained by using rune of ascendancy on a specific base with specific mods)
boneclamor barbute (50k+)
herald of the scurry (300k+)
paranoia (5k+)
peak of the mountain (300k+)
hive mind (1k+)
crest of unity (10k+, needs a good elemental nova roll + others)
wraithlord's harbour (250k+)
sunforged greathelm (set item, 2k+)
boardman's legacy (set item, 1k+)
vilatria's storm crown (set item, 5k+)

body armour
exsanguinous (400k+)
wings of argentus (200k+)
core of the mountain (200k+)
aaron's will (50k+)
fundamental criterion (10k+)

shield
rahyeh's light (5k+)
life's journey (30k+)
faith of the frozen (5k+)
bastion of honour (230k+)
flayer's pride (5k+)
face of the mountain (20k+)
cradle of the erased (depends on weaver's will; 50k+)

belt
jungle queen's chaps of holding (350k+)
legacy of the quiet forest (10k+ for good rolls)
strands of souls (80k+)
shattered chains (60k+)
thorn slinger (5k+)
immolator's oblation (900k+)
omen of thunder (5k+)
communion of the erased (weaver's ill; 10k+ for 11+)

catalysts
lich's scorn (set item; 5k+)

2h axe
apathy's maw (20k+)
death's embrace (1k+)
pyre of affliction (250k+)

1h axe
cleaver solution (with a max roll str, maybe 5k+ ?)

2h swords

1h swords
eye of reen (10k+)
apogee of frozen light (20k+)
blade of the forgotten knight (set item, 500 gold)

2h staff
omnividence (150k+)
aberrant call (150k+ if you have +3 summon wraiths; depends on max wraith roll. check if urs is good.)
bo's anarchy (10k+)
wheel of torment (25k+)

sceptre

wand
marina's lost soul (10k+)
wrongwarp (25k+)
mad alchemist's ladle (10k+; check rolls)

daggers
smoke weaver (35k+)
the ghost maker (5k+, 20k for good rolls +4% crit chance.)
ferebor's chisel (set item, 1k+)

anything item i missed or failed to consider from the types listed, lemme know

Lpzie fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 28, 2024