Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skooma512 posted:

I think he should stay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if he bought the cliff it's his cliff

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Maybe he wants to ride the house off the cliff into the water. Maybe it'd be fun

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Maybe he wants to ride the house off the cliff into the water. Maybe it'd be fun

if you buy a house on a cliff i gotta imagine at least 1/3 of your brain wants this to happen

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

No one's going to remember an old man who lived on a cliff mansion

People might remember the old man who died when his mansion fell into the ocean

It seems an easy choice

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
flopping down on the couch and ground pounding my house into the ocean

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
https://twitter.com/MacroEdgeRes/status/1761962253430006104

if only lowtax was still alive, he was singlehandedly keeping the expensive cookie company business model afloat with goon donations

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Show that ocean who wears the trousers.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Beached Whale posted:

https://twitter.com/MacroEdgeRes/status/1761962253430006104

if only lowtax was still alive, he was singlehandedly keeping the expensive cookie company business model afloat with goon donations

hmmm i guess that's the way the cookie crumbles

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Riding my house into the ocean like the end of Dr Strangelove (to own the libs)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

And they said you couldn’t take it with you

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1761202436427932034

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i would like to know whether or not the person who said this is currently taking ozempic

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's his Cliffhouse, he's supposed to be there!

Apr 7, 2003

ahahaha local news is running a segment on saving money telling people "cut back on eating lunch at work, also buy a rental property". the gently caress is this messaging

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i would like to know whether or not the person who said this is currently taking ozempic

they're talking about the danish economy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

ahahaha local news is running a segment on saving money telling people "cut back on eating lunch at work, also buy a rental property". the gently caress is this messaging
hustle

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Didn't you see the headline that zoomers are wasting money on short term spending like groceries?

Don't buy food, buy financial security for your future.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I posted most of this in the COVID thread but everything is converging on Collapse.

I stopped at the post office to see if my mail hold was going to be delivered or if I needed to pick it up and they told me my driver was sick and I should not expect any mail until tomorrow, sorry.

So then I went to the pharmacy to get the scripts I had called in this morning, it was half shuttered and the single person working there (who I had never seen before) apologetically said they are the only one in today and therefore I would be better off coming back later today than waiting. (With a 2-3 person usual staff, this is typically a 20 minute wait, which beats a 40 min round trip to town)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I posted most of this in the COVID thread but everything is converging on Collapse.

I stopped at the post office to see if my mail hold was going to be delivered or if I needed to pick it up and they told me my driver was sick and I should not expect any mail until tomorrow, sorry.

So then I went to the pharmacy to get the scripts I had called in this morning, it was half shuttered and the single person working there (who I had never seen before) apologetically said they are the only one in today and therefore I would be better off coming back later today than waiting. (With a 2-3 person usual staff, this is typically a 20 minute wait, which beats a 40 min round trip to town)

sorry you had a bad day op

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Real hurthling! posted:

you know they still come out even if you arent at the hospital

I've mentioned before, but the complete loss of all prenatal care across huge swathes of America is going to be great for people that enjoy the death and suffering of women.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

yeah, no one wants to work anymore

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no service service economy ftw

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

More people in early 20s out of work from ill health than early 40s - study https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68399392

It’s fine.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hmmm i guess that's the way the cookie crumbles

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

yeah, no one wants to work anymore

This. If yuo were so upset about the long wait times, why not volunteer to run the register for a shift?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the pharmacy near me replaced 1/3rd of their shelving with the new security glass. i cant buy toothpaste or detergent there anymore.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

just progressively add stilts like those water borne houses in florida

Yeah he could basically have a Bojack House

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yeah he could basically have a Bojack House

I never realized the physical impossibility of that pool before

Apr 7, 2003

Bojack Houseman

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Thoguh posted:

If I was 82 I’d probably just ride it out too. if it falls in whatever, I won’t be there anymore.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sam, Stilt Houseman here

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

just lay some tarps down it’s fine.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
One Weird Trick To Convert Your Mansion Into A Split Level!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ikanreed posted:

I never realized the physical impossibility of that pool before

just put a stilt underneath each corner bing bong

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sorry you had a bad day op

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
so many wonderful jobs paying 40k a year is crazy that these aren’t being snatched up by eager jobseekers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

19 o'clock posted:

so many wonderful jobs paying 40k a year is crazy that these aren’t being snatched up by eager jobseekers

if they got three of them they'd be make 6 figgies

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Mansion Cliff guy just wants to pretend he’s Tony Stark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i read a thing today about how hiring managers are starting to schedule live video calls to let candidates know that they didn't get a position

i would be strongly considering nine inch nails' advice to "add violence" if that happened to me