Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Waffleman_ posted:

hell yeah let's get hosed up

I prefer marry iguanas island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Waffleman_ posted:

Eidle-eidle eeee, eidle-eidle eeee
We ain't going nowhere til we get some weeeeed

E: wonder how easy it would be to mod that in as a shanty

I changed the Elden Ring thread title to 'erdle erdle tree' because it made me laugh and now I earworm myself with that tune every single time I look at my control panel, and it is what I deserve

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

What the gently caress does the word 'Baltro' mean?

It evolves into Claydro

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dabir posted:

It evolves into Claydro

:lmao:

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Have shelved BG3 for now, might pick it up again at a much later date. I do not appreciate the game's outdated bullshit bits at all and both the story and the combat is surprisingly not that fun for me. I want to like it but nah, it just isn't clicking so off to Steam limbo for now.

Went back to Dwarf Fortress last night and felt significantly happier playing that instead. Between that and Balatro, I think I'm good for the foreseeable until Homeworld 3 and Stalker 2 come out. However, as a huge fan of Roadside Picnic, Pacific Drive does look pretty inviting...

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Dark Souls II update: I finished it.

Summary: Game rules. These are just some scattered thoughts because I need time to retread areas and mull things over.

- It felt significantly easier than the first game, 80% of the bosses went down on either the first or second try.

- I didn't find a single illusory wall aside from those shown by Pharros' Lockstones. If they're not in the game then that's an excellent troll.

- A lot of the story went over my head but I think that's to be expected. I was able to identify the themes but not really figure out what the game wanted to say about them :( The milfanito especially have me at a loss.

- I liked a lot of the streamlining, like the simplified upgrade system. It was much easier to bring a weapon up to high/max level on a whim to try it out.

- Fast travel took away the sense of adventure in a lot of areas. Notable exceptions being the Shrine of Amana, Gutter, and Black Gulch (as short as it was). Those places owned. The world layout didn't make a lick of sense but I suspect that was very much intentional.

- Too many NPCs. They were showing up everywhere in strange places and were usually pretty rude to me. Other than Lucatiel I had no investment in their stories.

- My DualSense developed severe stick drift during one session so I had to order a new one. I can't believe the hardware manufacturers are getting away with this scam.

At the moment I'd rate it a smidge below DS1 but I still need to do the DLC and achievement farms so there's still like 40 hours for me to think more, find new things, and watch a bunch of videos explaining to me why the game was actually bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There are illusory walls but they do troll you by working differently than in all the other games lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's four or five just in the lost Bastille

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's four or five just in the Ruin Sentinels boss room.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Lavatein posted:

Congrats, that rules

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lavatein posted:

:congrats:

Well done! :D

DSII is my favourite of the three by a wide margin. The DLC is really the cream of the crop too - all three are bangers and have new mechanics and new zones that require you to do different things. I really hope you enjoy your time with them when you get a chance to!

I also think the theme of it becomes even clearer once you have played all three to completion but I would say it is: Memory loss and it really resonates with me. My favourite DS npc is Lucatiel and her story sums up the entirety of the story and of your own progress through Drangleic.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Has anyone who's ordered the physical edition of BG3 heard any updates as to when it's supposed to ship? I tried asking the BG3 thread but I was resoundingly ignored as everyone was taking about who they were loving but I digress...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Hey fak

Bad Video Games posted:

Holy poo poo. FAK is alive. wb

bovis posted:

Yo welcome back FAK!

mutata posted:

Sup, FAK

Thank you for the WBs and acknowledgements. I appreciate the replies.

I originally asked for the thread title to be changed just for the 9th to celebrate Hoverkitty Chapter 3's release, that the thread title can be reverted after the 9th. I was hoping to spark some discussion and interest in the developer's work, be it their horror pieces, Hoverkitty pre-reboot and post-reboot, or even the free content update to Kati the Astronaut that some new levels and lgbtq+ representation. Unfortunately any potential discussion of Hoverkitty Chapter 3 and the dev's other games seems to have been completely overshadowed by me posting about it. I appreciate that the thread title hasn't been changed back yet though. I hope it will inspire someone to look into the games and discover the wholesome treasure that is Hoverkitty.

It'll have been worth it if I was able to convince someone to humor me and try them out so they can share in the same joy it brings me. Thank you for your time and may your week and weekend go well.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Has anyone who's ordered the physical edition of BG3 heard any updates as to when it's supposed to ship? I tried asking the BG3 thread but I was resoundingly ignored as everyone was taking about who they were loving but I digress...

Why don't you just Google bg3 release date update?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shard posted:

Why don't you just Google bg3 release date update?

Because doing that doesn't actually give me any updates

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Lavatein posted:

Hell yeah, nice one! It gets a bad rep but it's still really good. Easily the best PVP in the series so far, you could actually parry people.

Lavatein posted:

..... the Shrine of Amana, Gutter, and Black Gulch (as short as it was). Those places owned.

What in the world...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pokemon With Guns about to be announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qi4COrQ7aA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

frytechnician posted:

What in the world...

They’re right

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I respect them for going through the mobile stuff that makes them money relatively quickly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is this an actual TCG app or just a booster pack sim?

E: There lmao

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

what the flying gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pokemon X&Y sequel

Pokemon Z&A/ZA?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a sequel to Legends Arceus, not XY

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i cant believe they announced a third loving digital version of the tcg and spent two minutes just showing people opening card packs, and 10 seconds at the end to say "oh yeah its pokemon duel links"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally a new Mega Man Zero game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More games industry layoffs this time at Sony

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1762463887369101350?s=20

London Studio shut down completely. though I'm not sure what they put out its still sad to see

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mostly VR stuff recently

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

being a psvr2 studio sounds like a bad time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
oh its the Singstar studio, that sucks

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

EyeToy was huge for me back in the day. :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Infinitum posted:

Pokemon With Guns about to be announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qi4COrQ7aA

Everything in this was garbage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

i cant believe they announced a third loving digital version of the tcg and spent two minutes just showing people opening card packs, and 10 seconds at the end to say "oh yeah its pokemon duel links"

i have never heard anyone say a single nice thing about Pokemon TGC Live so honestly, makes sense

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hatty posted:

More games industry layoffs this time at Sony

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1762463887369101350?s=20

London Studio shut down completely. though I'm not sure what they put out its still sad to see

"Sony said the layoffs will also impact game makers Insomniac (the studio behind Spider-Man), Naughty Dog (The Last of Us) and Guerrilla (Horizon), three of its most successful subsidiaries."

Hearing 11% reduction at Guerilla.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Jay Rust posted:

They’re right

Maybe atmospherically you could potentially argue Black Gulch and Shrine but they're not great areas. Having said that, they're masterpieces compared to Frigid Outskirts, or whatever that snowstorm field bit was called.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mutata posted:

"Sony said the layoffs will also impact game makers Insomniac (the studio behind Spider-Man), Naughty Dog (The Last of Us) and Guerrilla (Horizon), three of its most successful subsidiaries."

Ah yes. Exactly where you want to trim.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Waffleman_ posted:

MULEs are so funny, man. AI took all the jobs and we thought it would be cool but it turned out people liked doing their jobs so we gave them their jobs back and now some people like their job too much and steal packages so they can deliver them themselves.

The concept of Death Stranding is so cool and every time I see a cutscene I want to continue playing but when I’m actually playing the game I feel like it’s all a big prank. I wish I could just noclip between the stations.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

mutata posted:

Sony also cancelled a Twisted Metal live service game....

these dumb motherfuckers, why the hell would you greenlight something like that in the first place?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/geoffkeighley/status/1762496577132974223?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A superfluous product as gamers already smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love the smell of gamer on the mornin