Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Wasn't that whole thing him getting pissed off at the question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

drilldo squirt posted:

Wasn't that whole thing him getting pissed off at the question?

The press conference where he mixed up the presidents of Egypt and Mexico is where he got pissed off at the question. This was during the same week that he referred to François Mitterrand, who died in 1996, as the current president of France, and also mixed up Helmut Kohl with Angela Merkel. These are all very natural mix-ups for an 81-year-old to make. It's just a stutter.

Anyway, there's a recording of the conversation with Hur, but his aides are worried about the "fallout" of releasing the transcript or recording, which is a very natural reaction of the supporters of a guy who most definitely remembers when his son died.

B B fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 1, 2024

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I remember different.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Scags McDouglas posted:

I was fuckin AMPED when he won in '08. I thought the country was on a whole new path.

I'd almost feel bad talking to that young version of me and warning him we'll eventually be paying for it all with crippling interest.

Sameeeee. I was looking at all the swing state voters getting health insurance for the first time in their lives and thinking "Oh man, there's no way they're going to vote against this".

lol

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

B B posted:

This was included as a detail in the special counsel's report into Joe Biden's unauthorized removal, retention, and disclosure of classified documents:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

Here is how Merrick Garland, who was appointed by Joe Biden, described the special counsel:

I am personally inclined to believe that the person who was appointed by Merrick Garland, who was appointed by Joe Biden, is telling the truth. Joe Biden's memory issues are well documented on camera in a variety of public appearances. 86% of Americans believe that Biden is too old to be president, so those who deny his memory issues are in the minority.

Yeah, it happened.

This claim is actually incredible weak when you look at it in context:

The other examples, which are the only ones that include a direct quote, are pretty clearly him thinking out loud. Stuff like "was I VP in 2009" - yeah, you'd need to think about it for a minute, because he was, but not at the start of the year.

It's telling that such a bombshell accusation - not that he took a second to confirm when something happened, but he actually forgot and needed to be reminded - was just alluded to, without any actual quote

Obviously his brain is leaking out of his ears. Age is affecting him greatly, you don't need to cherry pick bad faith attacks, it just makes your criticisms look weaker. Just link a video of him talking today and a video of him talking in 2008 and it's obvious. You don't have to hand it to any Republicans just because they're saying bad things about a guy who sucks

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
I couldn't tell you the exact year the person I loved most in the world died without having to think about it because I really don't like thinking about it most of the time because it hurts. I am not an old man in a stressful job.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Lemming posted:

This claim is actually incredible weak when you look at it in context:

The other examples, which are the only ones that include a direct quote, are pretty clearly him thinking out loud. Stuff like "was I VP in 2009" - yeah, you'd need to think about it for a minute, because he was, but not at the start of the year.

It's telling that such a bombshell accusation - not that he took a second to confirm when something happened, but he actually forgot and needed to be reminded - was just alluded to, without any actual quote

Obviously his brain is leaking out of his ears. Age is affecting him greatly, you don't need to cherry pick bad faith attacks, it just makes your criticisms look weaker. Just link a video of him talking today and a video of him talking in 2008 and it's obvious. You don't have to hand it to any Republicans just because they're saying bad things about a guy who sucks

It looks like a strong claim supported by several other examples in the context of the conversation, as well as a large number of memory issues that Biden has displayed on camera in front of the press over multiple years. I also don't think it makes sense to dismiss this as Republican attack, given that Hur was appointed by Merrick Garland, a legal mind favored by both Biden and Obama.

Kchama posted:

I couldn't tell you the exact year the person I loved most in the world died without having to think about it because I really don't like thinking about it most of the time because it hurts. I am not an old man in a stressful job.

I can remember the date, year, and exact hour my father died. I am also not an old man in a stressful job.

I didn't really intend to start a derail, though. I was just offering another plausible option in an informative poll about why Trump would be a non-issue in 2028--specifically, that he'd be finishing up a second term as president (of a country that constitutionally allows a president to serve only two full terms) after defeating his opponent (who is suffering from cognitive decline that is apparent to 86% of the country).

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Sameeeee. I was looking at all the swing state voters getting health insurance for the first time in their lives and thinking "Oh man, there's no way they're going to vote against this".

lol

Turns out, instead of longevity and comfort they'd rather pay their last dollar to see a racist avatar of themselves in the whitehouse and then die estranged from their family.

Hell if I know how to penetrate that voting bloc.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Xiahou Dun posted:

How much does the stay actually stop Jack Smith? It’s the interlocutory appeal on these specific trials causing the stay, is there anything stopping him from cranking out superseding indictments? Or just other indictments?

My understanding is he didn’t charge him with a bunch of stuff because those take longer. If worst case scenario SCOTUS drags this out the rest of the year, can he use the time to start prosecuting him for other things?

No, he wouldn't file additional charges in the meantime. Assuming oral argument in April and a decision denying immunity in June, the district court would likely give him another 100ish days before trial in September, since trial was about that far away when the case was stayed.

By a remarkable coincidence that's in no way related, Trump filed a proposed scheduling order in the FL case today asking for a trial date on September 9. (The special counsel asked for July 8.) The scheduling conference for that one is tomorrow.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

B B posted:

It looks like a strong claim supported by several other examples in the context of the conversation, as well as a large number of memory issues that Biden has displayed on camera in front of the press over multiple years. I also don't think it makes sense to dismiss this as Republican attack, given that Hur was appointed by Merrick Garland, a legal mind favored by both Biden and Obama.

How is it a strong claim when he doesn't even say what Biden actually said? Like, he included what Biden said for his other characterizations, and the words are a lot weaker than what was implied. It's really obvious that if there were truth to that incredible bombshell, he'd actually quote it. It would be huge, if true

Lemming fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 1, 2024

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Lemming posted:

How is it a strong claim when he doesn't even say what Biden actually said?

The reasoning of this whole argument seems to match beat by beat the argument that we Know aliens have visited this earth (and disclosure is coming).

Edit: this is the trunp thred

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 1, 2024

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
With Biden you fear he has dementia; with Trump you worry his dementia isn't progressing fast enough. A Trump too riddled with alzheimer's to string three words together sequentially would be a massive improvement over the Trump we have.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

With Biden you fear he has dementia; with Trump you worry his dementia isn't progressing fast enough. A Trump too riddled with alzheimer's to string three words together sequentially would be a massive improvement over the Trump we have.

Yeah if Trump slowly loses it completely I feel like we'll have to focus on the handlers that speak for him as though they were descending from Mt Sinai with tablets

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Yeah Biden is declining but Trump is starting way way lower to begin with. He's already too goddamn dumb.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Also Biden seems to surround himself, and have in his administration smart competent people, as well Biden seems happy to stay out of the limelight a lot and just let things run if they're going well. Trump always need to be the center of everything and a lot of the people he surrounds himself with and that he puts into his administration are somehow worse than he is. The worst being the competently evil ones that sometimes find their way in.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah Biden is declining but Trump is starting way way lower to begin with. He's already too goddamn dumb.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Trump is the actual stupidest motherfucker who ever lived, ever

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lemming posted:

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Trump is the actual stupidest motherfucker who ever lived, ever

Then how do you explain Eric, smart guy?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lemming posted:

He's the King Midas of excrement.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gyges posted:

Then how do you explain Eric, smart guy?

Trump wanted to shine light on your insides and inject bleach to cure COVID

But it was actually even dumber than that. Like, it would be stupid to think that, but he didn't. He saw a poster and wanted to suggest something he thought was smart and just repeated it as a potential cure. He didn't even have the capacity to think of those as being a solution. He was too stupid. He just repeated what he saw

Nobody can beat him. He's the Stupidest of All Time

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Lemming posted:

How is it a strong claim when he doesn't even say what Biden actually said? Like, he included what Biden said for his other characterizations, and the words are a lot weaker than what was implied. It's really obvious that if there were truth to that incredible bombshell, he'd actually quote it. It would be huge, if true

In a footnote, the report references a recording and transcript that Biden's handlers are currently very wary of having released. If the recording and transcript favor Biden's claim that he was able to remember when his son died, it seems to me that he and his handlers would be calling for at least that part to be released. As far as I know, that part of the conversation isn't classified, which is really the only valid reason to argue against its release. Even Wikipedia lists a death date for Beau Biden.

It's also worth noting that Biden's account of the interview doesn't match what happened in his conversation with Hur. In the press conference, Biden claimed that Hur asked him directly when Beau died. Hur never asked him that directly:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna138709

Biden himself incorrectly stated Beau's death while trying to orient himself to time in response to a separate question Hur had asked. (Worth noting here that inability to orient to time is a sign of cognitive issues.) Biden is himself an unreliable reporter about his conversation with Hur. Either he lied about the conversation to the press, or this is yet another instance of his failing memory.

There's very little reason to have faith in Biden's memory.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

B B posted:

In a footnote, the report references a recording and transcript that Biden's handlers are currently very wary of having released. If the recording and transcript favor Biden's claim that he was able to remember when his son died, it seems to me that he and his handlers would be calling for at least that part to be released. As far as I know, that part of the conversation isn't classified, which is really the only valid reason to argue against its release. Even Wikipedia lists a death date for Beau Biden.

It's also worth noting that Biden's account of the interview doesn't match what happened in his conversation with Hur. In the press conference, Biden claimed that Hur asked him directly when Beau died. Hur never asked him that directly:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna138709

Biden himself incorrectly stated Beau's death while trying to orient himself to time in response to a separate question Hur had asked. (Worth noting here that inability to orient to time is a sign of cognitive issues.) Biden is himself an unreliable reporter about his conversation with Hur. Either he lied about the conversation to the press, or this is yet another instance of his failing memory.

There's very little reason to have faith in Biden's memory.

Where did I say I had faith in his memory? The guy quoted Biden twice in that paragraph, and in both cases it undermined the characterization. Why didn't he quote him about forgetting the time of death? It severely undercuts his point. It's weaker than his points where he quotes Biden.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sure would be nice of the media gave half as much attention to Trump's declining memory and overall baseline moronic stupidity as they do to Biden's brain

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
"Biden old" chat is worse than electoralism chat, especially in this the Trump legal thread

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sure would be nice of the media gave half as much attention to Trump's declining memory and overall baseline moronic stupidity as they do to Biden's brain

Trump gets the time of day and date wrong and nobody bats an eye; Biden makes any mistake whatsoever and its not only proof of cognitive decline, it gets exaggerated and amplified with each retelling

DarkHorse fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 1, 2024

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Jack Smith seeks July 8 trial start date in Trump classified documents case

quote:

Special counsel Jack Smith in a filing on Thursday requested a July 8 trial start date in the federal criminal case over former President Trump's handling of classified documents.

Why it matters: Trump, the 2024 GOP presidential frontrunner, has leveraged delay tactics across the four criminal indictments he is facing, while publicly casting himself as a victim, in an effort to push proceedings past the election.

Smith's filing comes before the judge overseeing the case is set to hold a hearing Friday on issues including the trial schedule, which is currently slated to begin in May.

The other side: Trump's team in a separate filing on Thursday requested that the trial be postponed until after the 2024 election, but proposed an Aug. 12 start date as an alternative.

"As the leading candidate in the 2024 election, President Trump strongly asserts that a fair trial cannot be conducted this year in a manner consistent with the Constitution," his attorneys wrote.

May clash with the Georgia case set for August, but that one will probably be delayed anyway.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Fart Amplifier posted:

Who else gets to make nonsense arguments created from nothing that they're completely immune from laws

We can’t discuss this until the next quarterly thread

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

dr_rat posted:

Also Biden seems to surround himself, and have in his administration smart competent people, as well Biden seems happy to stay out of the limelight a lot and just let things run if they're going well. Trump always need to be the center of everything and a lot of the people he surrounds himself with and that he puts into his administration are somehow worse than he is. The worst being the competently evil ones that sometimes find their way in.

Imagine each of them had a legendary ring that turns the wearer invisible (for this thought experiment there's two of the legendary ring)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Uglycat posted:

Imagine each of them had a legendary ring that turns the wearer invisible (for this thought experiment there's two of the legendary ring)

Is Murdoch Sauron in this thought experiment? Because it feels weird think about a Sauron with an aussie accent.

Doesn't feel right.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

B B posted:

I also don't think it makes sense to dismiss this as Republican attack, given that Hur was appointed by Merrick Garland, a legal mind favored by both Biden and

It’s interesting that you say Biden must really be cognitively impaired, because this couldn’t be a Republican attack because you have too much faith in Biden’s judgment to think that he might have appointed someone who appointed the wrong person.

That’s sort of not internally consistent. What do you think?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nah, Murdoch is clearly Morgoth. He caused all of this awful mess, but he set it in motion long enough ago that he barely gets mentioned for the most part.

Alex Jones is Shelob, just throwing that out there.

No one do anything with the fellowship or Elrond or whatever, that’s cringe. I might entertain a Tom Bombadil is Bernie argument if it’s good enough.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Why does B B lust for the death of Palestinian men, women, and children?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

lots of people who go through traumas have difficulty recalling the chronology independent of any geriatric memory loss

Was it also basically an out of left field question? Why were they even asking that question in the first place?

Edit: I might not have the facts. I was under the impression that the question about his son's death was a random reporter.

TheKub fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 1, 2024

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
The election is going to be a choice between 2 senile old fucks. I for one will choose the old senile gently caress who isn't a crazy fascist.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Don't make me do the Gandalf/Sauraman thing.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Biden's brains are tapioca. Every day when he wakes up his aides have to show him a fifteen minutes "Previously on" video to remind him of his past life. When he leaves the private residence he gets lost and is wandering around unless his aides place him in a cardboard box painted up like a Amtrak train car and push him into the Oval Office, making choo choo noises the entire time. Hunter calls him for money every hour on the hour and if Biden takes the call before his aides stop him he sends Hunter five bucks because it's fine that Hunter gets an advance on his allowance. If you show him Hawai'i and Alaska on a map he starts screaming because there's no way we have states out there. When Major bites another Secret Service agent Biden gets upset because he knew he raised Beau better than that. One time he fell off a bike.

This is opposed to Trump, who not only has photographic memory and recall but a low-latency telepathy giving him access to everyone else's brainwaves for extra computational processing. Any percieved errors are not just wrong but a long-dormant plan to trick Biden and the entire fake new crooked media, a trap they gleefully fall into time after time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

dr_rat posted:

Is Murdoch Sauron in this thought experiment? Because it feels weird think about a Sauron with an aussie accent.

Doesn't feel right.

Pretty sure Murdoch is Glaucon telling us about a Shepherd who did nothing wrong.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Tesseraction posted:

No no no! The court ruled in gently caress v. You that a comma is itself an entire word. The court will hold a one month recess to sort out this irregularity.

... presidents ...

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kchama posted:

Yeah, I remember vividly when my brother got in the car accident that would eventually end his life a couple years later, but the exact date of his death isn't something I have any interest in thinking about. I celebrate his birthday every year, thinking about the day he died isn't something I'd like to revisit.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Xiahou Dun posted:

Nah, Murdoch is clearly Morgoth. He caused all of this awful mess, but he set it in motion long enough ago that he barely gets mentioned for the most part.

Alex Jones is Shelob, just throwing that out there.

No one do anything with the fellowship or Elrond or whatever, that’s cringe. I might entertain a Tom Bombadil is Bernie argument if it’s good enough.
Counterpoint: shelob is a hot goth lady.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

drilldo squirt posted:

Counterpoint: shelob is a hot goth lady.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

Biden's brains are tapioca. Every day when he wakes up his aides have to show him a fifteen minutes "Previously on" video to remind him of his past life. When he leaves the private residence he gets lost and is wandering around unless his aides place him in a cardboard box painted up like a Amtrak train car and push him into the Oval Office, making choo choo noises the entire time. Hunter calls him for money every hour on the hour and if Biden takes the call before his aides stop him he sends Hunter five bucks because it's fine that Hunter gets an advance on his allowance. If you show him Hawai'i and Alaska on a map he starts screaming because there's no way we have states out there. When Major bites another Secret Service agent Biden gets upset because he knew he raised Beau better than that. One time he fell off a bike.

This is opposed to Trump, who not only has photographic memory and recall but a low-latency telepathy giving him access to everyone else's brainwaves for extra computational processing. Any percieved errors are not just wrong but a long-dormant plan to trick Biden and the entire fake new crooked media, a trap they gleefully fall into time after time.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND MY AIDES OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS A VIDEO TAPE OF WHAT I DID YESTERDAY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START TRYING TO TO REMEMBER WHAT THE MAIN CHARACTER BIDEN WAS THINKING. I DO NOT REMEMBER LIVING THIS LIFE. MAKIN GRUNTING SOUNDS WHEN I GUM DOWN SOME CORN POPS OR EVEN WHEN I HAVE MALT O MEAL. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY FORGOT SUCH AN INCREDIBLE LIFE. I CAN. I MURMUR IT AND I MURMUR IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE WEST WING AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE WEST WING CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE FORGOTTEN ALL OF MY LIFE AND IVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND THE WHITE HOUSE LESS LONELY BY THINKING ABOUT MY FAMILY. 2 HOURS INCLUDING STARING AT THE WALLS EVERY MORNING. THEN I SIT.