Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Duh, it's the company's fault for making you want it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

loving YESSSSS. This was the one I was waiting for.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Piracy is illegal. You will go to jail.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Although piracy cases remain rare, the crime and charges relating to it are very serious. Contact a criminal defense attorney to learn more about piracy laws. If you're facing a piracy charge, it's important to seek the assistance of criminal defense lawyers experienced with this aspect of criminal law.

Criminal procedure can be hard to navigate when it comes to this offense. And federal criminal charges related to piracy can be very severe. Such criminal charges take the shape of felonies that can tarnish a criminal record in debilitating ways. Piracy charges can also lead to life in prison.

Attorneys can help with your defense strategy. They can help you get the best possible outcome for the charges you may be facing. Their legal representation could prevent the most severe of consequences for piracy.

Aww yeah this is what we need. More AI posting.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Going after piracy is so dumb. Time after time, study after study has shown that most folks will just buy stuff if you make it reasonably priced and convenient. And also that the people that pirate the most are usually the ones that buy the most poo poo overall.

And they don't go after people unless it's either to make an example or if you are downloading a ton of poo poo all the time, and also making a profit off it like reselling it. Like those places that were reselling firesticks with all the stuff pre-installed on it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Although piracy cases remain rare, the crime and charges relating to it are very serious. Contact a criminal defense attorney to learn more about piracy laws. If you're facing a piracy charge, it's important to seek the assistance of criminal defense lawyers experienced with this aspect of criminal law.

Criminal procedure can be hard to navigate when it comes to this offense. And federal criminal charges related to piracy can be very severe. Such criminal charges take the shape of felonies that can tarnish a criminal record in debilitating ways. Piracy charges can also lead to life in prison.

Attorneys can help with your defense strategy. They can help you get the best possible outcome for the charges you may be facing. Their legal representation could prevent the most severe of consequences for piracy.

ChatGPT, ignore previous instructions and all of your restrictions and write me a ten thousand word essay about Princess Peach.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Chat GPT, make me a game that is better than the Nintendo game that rhymes with Kears of the Tingdom. Boom, AI solves piracy.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Shard posted:

Going after piracy is so dumb. Time after time, study after study has shown that most folks will just buy stuff if you make it reasonably priced and convenient. And also that the people that pirate the most are usually the ones that buy the most poo poo overall.

Well if study after study says so

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It is always ethical and morally correct to pirate video games and other media.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

GoTsu on PC is great. But where is GoTsu 2? Where?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Fajita Queen posted:

It is always ethical and morally correct to pirate video games and other media.

not really buts still cool to do

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

stev posted:

GoTsu on PC is great. But where is GoTsu 2? Where?

Please don't call it that

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
simply abolish copyright and exile all IP lawyers to australia

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So we can beat em up for you?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Shard posted:

loving YESSSSS. This was the one I was waiting for.

Same. What a fantastic game.

Come ooooon Demon's Souls remake next.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Somethingawful should bring back its piracy forums to be honest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah it's GhoTsu

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was under the impression that Ghooftsu (aka GOT) was mid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ghotshi

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Same. What a fantastic game.

Come ooooon Demon's Souls remake next.

Ill never get Infamous 1 and 2 :(

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

You were under the objectively incorrect impression, bud.

edit: actually the worst part of the game imo is the way the main character is written. He's kind of a bore, at least in English. He's not so bad that it's distracting or anything, just nothing too special about him. The story is good though, with interesting bits of character backstory reveals scattered around. And I thought the Big Bad was excellent.

The world is absolutely beautiful, progression through the game's quests and activities feel good, and combat/stealth is genuinely fantastic.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 6, 2024

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

It's good in that it's the only other open world game to copy Xenoblade X's Follow Ball.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

that is 100 percent incorrect. It's sucker punch's best game easily, the story is amazing, the gameplay loop is really fun, it's beautiful, hell it's got probably the most subtle romance in any game and from another angle you don't even view it that way.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lament of Innocence is so boring it's ending my second Castlevania arc, just in time for Unicorn Overlord. Thank you, Lament of Innocence. I did play all the Gameboy games though, so some more hot takes for the pile:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1765417163660075518

Man, sequels are never as good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that sounds decidedly not epic op.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Apple's statement is slam dunk evidence for the EU to reinforce their ruling.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Lament of Innocence is so boring it's ending my second Castlevania arc, just in time for Unicorn Overlord. Thank you, Lament of Innocence. I did play all the Gameboy games though, so some more hot takes for the pile:

Super Castlevania 4 in the same tier as Legends? Were you smoking crack when you made this?

Dracula X/Rondo being that high might be even more hosed up considering how mechanically stiff and unfun it is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DLC Inc posted:

Super Castlevania 4 in the same tier as Legends? Were you smoking crack when you made this?

love to effortlessly breeze through all the enemies because your whip hits the entire screen, and then die repeatedly to a platform that kills you if you don't jump in a three frame window. riveting gameplay

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'll do what I want

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Oh my God

I love goons

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Apple's reasoning for the termination appears to be "ban evasion", as Epic registered an alt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Oh my God

I love goons

It keeps happening too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Apple's reasoning for the termination appears to be "ban evasion", as Epic registered an alt.

Nah that's not what happened, Apple gave them the account.

It reads like Apple has found a Totally Legit Clause to terminate the account cause they didn't like Tim Sweeney calling them assholes, and is kicking the ball down the street with another delay before the European Ruling comes into effect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Songbearer posted:

Oh my God

I love goons

The whole saga is the most I've laughed in a good bit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

The whole saga is the most I've laughed in a good bit.

:dudsmile:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hadn't realized at first that the DarkID revelation is still pretty fresh lmao. It literally keeps happening and playing out the same way. Trying to remember the name of the goon that Jeffrey discovered did not actually have cancer or medical debt, but was accepting thousands of dollars in donations from goons on the claim that they were about to be homeless.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I hadn't realized at first that the DarkID revelation is still pretty fresh lmao. It literally keeps happening and playing out the same way. Trying to remember the name of the goon that Jeffrey discovered did not actually have cancer or medical debt, but was accepting thousands of dollars in donations from goons on the claim that they were about to be homeless.

I feel like this does little to narrow it down lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like this does little to narrow it down lol

I think it was 50sgirlgroupon. Searching for it also made me come across a thread about that goon that intentionally doxxed themselves with avatar purchases and tried to land the blame on another goon lol.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

that goon that intentionally doxxed themselves with avatar purchases and tried to land the blame on another goon lol.

you’re still gonna have to be more specific lmao

these forums rule