Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

the segway’s are so great, I like that they even let you read notes while smashing about the place

Aerith would definitely be texting while doing 80mph down the interstate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HD DAD posted:

Aerith would definitely be texting while doing 80mph down the interstate

“I’m da queen of da boardwalk”

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Seems like a pity they don't have a hybrid graphics setting... give me the nicer looking 30fps stuff in cutscenes and photo mode and the Performance stuff for gameplay.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Quinton posted:

Seems like a pity they don't have a hybrid graphics setting... give me the nicer looking 30fps stuff in cutscenes and photo mode and the Performance stuff for gameplay.
And on thate note, God I wish photo mode was better. Let us properly free-move the camera anywhere we want, adjust character poses and equipment, and plop down extra light sources. I have so many good screenshots that could have been great ones.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Do more minigames unlock post-game?

I want more chocobo races, and I want more challenging ones, and I want to have to actually care about my bird's gear

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Is the spoiler thread marking stuff or is it a free-for-all? I'm at a scene in Chapter 10 that's absolutely breaking my brain and I wanna post about it but I don't wanna risk it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

the segway’s are so great, I like that they even let you read notes while smashing about the place

I did that part last night with Aerith and thought specifically that was the best animation in the game lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Is the spoiler thread marking stuff or is it a free-for-all? I'm at a scene in Chapter 10 that's absolutely breaking my brain and I wanna post about it but I don't wanna risk it

It's kind of back and forth. If you don't want people to discuss stuff you might know might be better to save it for here.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there should really be a shortcut to the materia screen when you're choosing to retry a combat challenge

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Sockser posted:

Did you miss the first stage of that quest?
It's one girl, whose job you're doing, who has the hots for Johnny

She spends a lot of time ragging on Tifa at the start

That's fair! It's still really funny and on-vibe though

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Can someone please gently explain to the Queen's Blood development team that when a card has a power that adds other cards to your hand you should show us what those cards do

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Got to chapter 10 and am currently destroying myself trying to get a perfect score on the piano score there.

I do have a tip for people trying to get a perfect score on Glide de Chocobo 3- after the second-to-last 300 point ring, go back to the fans- you should have just enough height to get to them, and use the extra height to generate way more speed to get the last 5 rings. You get way more leeway for error doing it this way.

Edit: Seriously, why are the licks in Two Legs? so hard to goddamn execute. I'm getting stuck pretty consistently with 4 misses.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 7, 2024

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GateOfD posted:

why are Aerith and Tifa so excited about the birds

:actually: Why are YOU not excited about the birds?

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
oh man, gently caress whoever made the crunch off inputs sometimes go backwards

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

still just at chapter 2, was like okay, go here and there.
then met that dork Chadley and the towers.
omg so much spots to clean up and go to. I'm gonna be here forever. Feel like i'm gonna overlevel just doing everything

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Surprisingly, no. I've done all side-stuff as it's come up, and I think I'm only like 3 or 4 levels above recommended for the critical story path, and maybe a level above for the initial recommended world intel stuff in chapter 10.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

right now having trouble getting the AI to heal me and I seem to always manually tell them to cure me.
granted it is the beginning of the game, so i don't have all the resource perks to use abilities as I like

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
At the start of chapter 9, I backtracked to get 100% completion up to Corel, and I am loving my Cloud/Barret/Cait comp. Cait only has cure for green materia right now, I might add an elemental weapon combo when I get more slots.

Cait is a bit weird but I stuck an Auto-Unique Ability on him and it works great. Best plan I've found is to open with the bubbles by dodging and then mashing attack (sometimes holding square for the music blast works if you're right in it) until you can do Let's Ride. Get a few good combos in by holding attack when on your moogle and then just start controlling others. In like 30 seconds you'll have a great passive buff thanks to his unique ability evolution.

Anywho, Jules. Back in FF7R1, I came back after four months to platinum it and found myself right at the gym--I had apparently uninstalled in frustration. Probably going to happen in this game too, I got rank 2 but gently caress rank 3.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

GateOfD posted:

right now having trouble getting the AI to heal me and I seem to always manually tell them to cure me.
granted it is the beginning of the game, so i don't have all the resource perks to use abilities as I like

You do have auto-cast, yeah? Can buy it from Chadley in the grasslands.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I just did a double take at what's easily the best NPC line of the game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

f#a# posted:

At the start of chapter 9, I backtracked to get 100% completion up to Corel, and I am loving my Cloud/Barret/Cait comp. Cait only has cure for green materia right now, I might add an elemental weapon combo when I get more slots.

Cait is a bit weird but I stuck an Auto-Unique Ability on him and it works great. Best plan I've found is to open with the bubbles by dodging and then mashing attack (sometimes holding square for the music blast works if you're right in it) until you can do Let's Ride. Get a few good combos in by holding attack when on your moogle and then just start controlling others. In like 30 seconds you'll have a great passive buff thanks to his unique ability evolution.

Anywho, Jules. Back in FF7R1, I came back after four months to platinum it and found myself right at the gym--I had apparently uninstalled in frustration. Probably going to happen in this game too, I got rank 2 but gently caress rank 3.

Cait gets natural ATB at start boots and a First Strike Materia basically assures he can start with Moogle out.

triple sulk posted:

I just did a double take at what's easily the best NPC line of the game

You are going to need to clarify because there are a lot of contestants there.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

You are going to need to clarify because there are a lot of contestants there.

Take a guess

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Don't think I'm going to do this sit-up minigame. These worthless triggers aren't made for precision or timing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

triple sulk posted:

Take a guess

"You rear end in a top hat!"
"Oh, there'll be a funeral alright. I'm gonna bury you!"
"About the jackass on the bike? He's... a jackass."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

square pls chill with the unreal engine auto-exposure I can't see dick in this jungle

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Augus posted:

square pls chill with the unreal engine auto-exposure I can't see dick in this jungle

Yakuza 8 was also really bad about this so I am now categorizing it as a AAA JRPG thing more broadly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

"You rear end in a top hat!"
"Oh, there'll be a funeral alright. I'm gonna bury you!"
"About the jackass on the bike? He's... a jackass."

:wrong:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah that is an insane problem. I was walking through the gym in Costa del sol region and the walking through the shadow of individual roof slats would cause the room to alternately become pitch black or blindingly white.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Jimbot posted:

Don't think I'm going to do this sit-up minigame. These worthless triggers aren't made for precision or timing.

I swear I didn't have this much trouble with the squats/pullups in Remake, but this is beating my rear end. It's all about maintaining momentum and once you mess it up it takes so long to get back you're almost always better of restarting, it sucks

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The quest for gains has been the bane of many a gamer. And people say final fantasy isn't realistic

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's because those minigames used buttons meant for constant use. Haptic (the most worthless and useless feature in the industry) is meant for precision (if you want to call it that). It feels great to use on the murderues but not mashing or mid-holding while trying to keep up with an AI that doesn't make mistakes while it's doing 100 sit-ups a second.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Fedule posted:

Can someone please gently explain to the Queen's Blood development team that when a card has a power that adds other cards to your hand you should show us what those cards do

My favorite so far is the puzzle level where it gives you a card you’ve never seen before that creates two cards.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The answer:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The best line is Elena's "now play nice, shitbirds" and it's not even close

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 7, 2024

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Elena strikes the perfect balance between an eager newbie recruit and desperately trying to emulate Reno to make up for his absence.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Can't wait to get home from work tonight and try this Segway stuff lol

Also please tell me there is a way to have Barret in his cute little sailor outfit the whole time. I'll play hard mode if you let me do the whole game as a sailor

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

The best line is Elena's "now play nice, shitbirds" and it's not even close

Something about how she said that line made it feel like a riff on Reno's "First class rear end in a top hat!" bit from Remake

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Also please tell me there is a way to have Barret in his cute little sailor outfit the whole time. I'll play hard mode if you let me do the whole game as a sailor

You unlock unrestricted costume choice after beating the game, so yeah I think you can

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Once you finish the game once you gain the ability to keep characters in their costumes 24/7
(Gold Saucer stuff)
Weirdly though Red and Cait get their Gold Saucer costumes but not Cloud/Barret/Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jimbot posted:

It's because those minigames used buttons meant for constant use. Haptic (the most worthless and useless feature in the industry) is meant for precision (if you want to call it that). It feels great to use on the murderues but not mashing or mid-holding while trying to keep up with an AI that doesn't make mistakes while it's doing 100 sit-ups a second.

you can disable them. for that minigame it’s practically mandatory