Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mailer posted:

Chthonic Passage is basically the best movement skill in the game and I'm going to be sad in season 2 when it gets fixed.

What about it needs to be fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Has EHG stated why masteries are locked in and if that is ever going to change? I don't know why they don't just make it so you have to respec points out of the mastery down to below the threshold and then allow you to change it.

EHG has been pretty firmly against respeccing masteries. To paraphrase a bit, they believe your mastery is at the same level of importance as your class choice, and no one asks to switch their character from an acolyte to a primalist or w/e.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kaddish posted:

What about it needs to be fixed?

It goes through walls, up/down elevation, right through sections of the map separated by a thin wall that you have to go miles around, and if you angle it right bypasses dungeon roadblocks. It absolutely tears through Soulfire.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mailer posted:

It goes through walls, up/down elevation, right through sections of the map separated by a thin wall that you have to go miles around, and if you angle it right bypasses dungeon roadblocks. It absolutely tears through Soulfire.

Interesting, I'm only around level 70 and going through mono's for the first time. I've been doing torment and flirting with bleed, fire. I'm going to respec to Passage and see how I like it. Does it replace Transplant?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mailer posted:

It is great in soulfire although I did end up floating over the lava once when I messed up zipping around a barrier.

Kaddish posted:

I'm going to respec to Passage and see how I like it. Does it replace Transplant?

Yup, I'm using passage and ghostflame as my "gotta go fast" skills these days with torment warlock at 85ish.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

EHG has been pretty firmly against respeccing masteries. To paraphrase a bit, they believe your mastery is at the same level of importance as your class choice, and no one asks to switch their character from an acolyte to a primalist or w/e.

Same as Grim Dawn, make your choice and roll with it or make an alt. :shrug:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kaddish posted:

Interesting, I'm only around level 70 and going through mono's for the first time. I've been doing torment and flirting with bleed, fire. I'm going to respec to Passage and see how I like it. Does it replace Transplant?

I still have Transplant on my bar for diagonal movement. In a straight shot it's faster to teleport (and enjoy the haste) across the map. That's not how the maps in this game usually generate so I'll maybe teleport a couple of times every few echoes and the rest is just phasing through walls/corners/whatever with fissure. It'll probably tag an enemy as well and wind up generating haste, so in the quest to beeline to things it rules.

Edit: It'd be way more useful if they didn't make either skill activate the others' cooldown, but it is what it is. I used the Ghostflame motorcycle for a bit but it burns through mana for a very short run so I dropped it and haven't noticed. I could probably drop Transplant as well but it's not like there's anything else to really put on the bar.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 11, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kaysette posted:

It is great in soulfire although I did end up floating over the lava once when I messed up zipping around a barrier.

Yup, I'm using passage and ghostflame as my "gotta go fast" skills these days with torment warlock at 85ish.

I messed around with ghostflame but I feel like I'm missing some key things to really make it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUX48D5-Vnk

Mailer posted:

I still have Transplant on my bar for diagonal movement. In a straight shot it's faster to teleport (and enjoy the haste) across the map. That's not how the maps in this game usually generate so I'll maybe teleport a couple of times every few echoes and the rest is just phasing through walls/corners/whatever with fissure. It'll probably tag an enemy as well and wind up generating haste, so in the quest to beeline to things it rules.

Edit: It'd be way more useful if they didn't make either skill activate the others' cooldown, but it is what it is. I used the Ghostflame motorcycle for a bit but it burns through mana for a very short run so I dropped it and haven't noticed. I could probably drop Transplant as well but it's not like there's anything else to really put on the bar.

Yeah I was having mana issues as well. I figured I'd try the above build again in another 20 levels and into empowered.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I had my mana situation on lockdown but now trying to pump necrotic resistance for torment I had to give up some of my +mana +regen gear

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Nuts, it's bizarre that they let you dip into the other mastery trees if this is their approach. Because the inherent mastery bonus often isn't super impactful, just kinda nice. Classes to me are obviously different enough, but masteries don't feel so distinct to warrant this but oh well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Primalist is a very large boy.

Lpzie if you could make and share a video of your current character in action I would appreciate it. If that is too hard forget it. I don’t know about YouTube or whatever

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

My resistances are still so low. Working on an omni but I honestly haven't had a ton of issues outside of certain mobs on some maps. Specifically, the packs of Wengari dudes that throw at you will chunk me pretty good. I also can't stand still for longer than a chaos bolt cast because I'll get stunned or whatever that one noise indicates and get chunked that way too. Right around 250 corruption.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
EHG finally saw reason and is fixing the Profane Veil bug. And something in Runemaster that means nothing to me.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/upcoming-bugfixes-to-overperforming-builds/68088

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fknlo posted:

My resistances are still so low. Working on an omni but I honestly haven't had a ton of issues outside of certain mobs on some maps. Specifically, the packs of Wengari dudes that throw at you will chunk me pretty good. I also can't stand still for longer than a chaos bolt cast because I'll get stunned or whatever that one noise indicates and get chunked that way too. Right around 250 corruption.

Cut back on cold

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Think I'd actually like masteries to be more restrictive, it's kinda off putting to me that like every other sentinel runs volatile reversal.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I'm playing a summoner necro whose goal is just to have the biggest army I can. I've got 8 skeletons, 5 skeleton mages, my big bony boy, and 5 wraiths at a time.

Last night I finished the first timeline and killing Abomination finished a prophecy that gave me 2 unique helms. One of which was the Wraithlord's hat.

It's, uh, it's absurd. Wraithlord eats all non-wraith minions immediately to give it 10% buff per minion eaten, so I basically had one skill on my right button, spirit plague. All 4 of my keys are taken up by summons, the only one that does anything now is summon wraith which brings up the wraithlord. I threw the helm on to run a monolith just to see.

It's... it's awesome. He just floats around loving vaporizing things, just shoots a green beam into a big horde and there's a popping sound and then a bunch of gold on the ground. I was clearing as fast or even faster as I usually do when running around with 19 minions all buffed to the gills through my gear.

I decided to start an ENTIRELY NEW NECROMANCER to use this, as I'm kind of attached to my "giant army" guy and don't want to reset all his skills. But oh man... this kind of item, that just changes the entire game for you, is what I want. I also found a ring called Silvafrond that says the word "vines" roughly 30 times and started a druid to play with it.

Thanks for turning me on to this game, thread, I'm having a great time.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Vulpes posted:

EHG finally saw reason and is fixing the Profane Veil bug. And something in Runemaster that means nothing to me.

Offline player who couldn't give less of a poo poo, but I do feel like "Fixing a super obvious bug midseason" is fine. Nerfing an OP build that depends on a "clever use of game mechanics" is one thing, but Michael forgetting some mundane detail and getting a decimal wrong in the code isn't that.

edit; Also, anyone have suggestions for an easier-to-gear more direct 2h or sword'n'board build that just hits things with a big stick? I've played lots of Minion and DOT builds lately, can't decide what to try next - whether it's some sort of Sentinel, Primalist or even Spellblade doesn't matter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zoux posted:

Cut back on cold

there is some warlock damage poo poo that scales off uncapped cold res

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah but now they've shown weakness in front of Reddit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Yeah but now they've shown weakness in front of Reddit

Yeah whatever hope there was for a sane experience there is now gone

(There was little hope to begin with )

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Cut back on cold

This build wants to stack cold resistance

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

fknlo posted:

This build wants to stack cold resistance

It's a candles joke

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just got my warlock to a level where I could really start taking advantage of it. Very sad!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Vulpes posted:

gently caress gently caress I need to find decent gear before this drops lol

when is this happening?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Kaysette posted:

gently caress gently caress I need to find decent gear before this drops lol

when is this happening?

They've only said 'this week'.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Happily leveling with a new Totem Shaman without any real plan, just wandering around spamming murderous little thorn turrets all over the place. :D

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Heard they're fixing ward gained on shadows for falconers using smoke bomb and shadows always casting divebombs in the smoke bomb no matter where you were.

Very sad for me but this could actually crash your game and lag the server when you go for infinity

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Vulpes posted:

this is cringe. they better wipe the leaderboards of warlocks too or else it's just a lovely half measure that will satisfy nobody

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

As an Honest Player, it's good to see the dirty Bug Abusers get owned.

e: lol, just saw that the top player on the leaderboard is ckaiba9. iykyk

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
playing warlock now and never got wtf is this node, never got to use it.
just ate 3 beetles from a shrine and woop, instant 20k ward instead of my usual 2-4k
it was dumb, not gonna miss it

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I don't care about leaderboards I just want the game to run well and play nice

what the gently caress can you even rank for, I've been playing exclusively offline

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Reoxygenation posted:

I don't care about leaderboards I just want the game to run well and play nice

what the gently caress can you even rank for, I've been playing exclusively offline

How far you go in endless arena

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Okay so the leaderboards are useless then got it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Woooow...

I spent the whole campaign leveling Mage to build around specifically using this Unique

Only to find out in the rear end end of the campaign that Flame Dash is actually bugged to poo poo and doesn't work properly half of the time, so all my efforts were completely wasted.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Even after the fix the ward bump from bone curse profane veil will still be useful against damage spikes yeah?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Vulpes posted:

Runemaster sounds like it was supposed to be a flat 15% but instead is acting as a +15% per point ward regen which probably ends up being something insane in a good low life build

I haven't really bothered looking at Runemaster yet because it seems very :effort: compared to my two-button spellblade but it also feels like it has the greatest potential for busted Mage builds since invocations are so buried & kinda difficult to parse

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Kaddish posted:

Even after the fix the ward bump from bone curse profane veil will still be useful against damage spikes yeah?

Yeah, like 5k ward instead of 50k or whatever insane values guys were getting. I never used it on my warlock because it was too much effort. Low-life (which this wasn't) already can generate a crap-ton of ward very fast, well over 10k fairly easily, and without clicking buttons in a specific order every 10 seconds or whatever.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

It's a candles joke

and right over my head

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

idiotsavant posted:

Runemaster sounds like it was supposed to be a flat 15% but instead is acting as a +15% per point ward regen which probably ends up being something insane in a good low life build

I haven't really bothered looking at Runemaster yet because it seems very :effort: compared to my two-button spellblade but it also feels like it has the greatest potential for busted Mage builds since invocations are so buried & kinda difficult to parse

Pre-release I played a lightning nova Runemaster that was basically 1 button. Cast a lightning skill repeatedly to get 3 lightning runes up and then build on all the nodes that buff and trigger off of the first skill (Frostclaw converted to Lightning) which then triggered lightning novas all over the screen all the time.

Against single target I could trigger the rune for a big ball of lightning and I had lightning blast or something. I forget exactly, but it was just something to help boost damage on a single target. I think I could also buff with frost wall (also converted to lightning) but never remembered to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Sab669 posted:

edit; Also, anyone have suggestions for an easier-to-gear more direct 2h or sword'n'board build that just hits things with a big stick? I've played lots of Minion and DOT builds lately, can't decide what to try next - whether it's some sort of Sentinel, Primalist or even Spellblade doesn't matter.

Healing Hands Paladin is currently the strongest version of what you're asking for. It has some slightly tedious buffs to manage but other melee builds kind of do too. Here is a guide for a Vengeance version that also goes over some of the other ways to play it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOpSRvMMPXA

Alternate guide for playing with Rive that uses a shield: https://youtu.be/S2SHPBAcMgE

Werebear Swipe is a solid option if you just want to get up in the face of things and be super tanky. Cheaper health regen version. More expensive low life version. Swarmblade can get a bit more damage than Werebear but is a little funkier. The maxroll frostbite build is a good way to go.

Spellblade gets a lot out of going sword and board. Shatter Strike is probably the strongest skill to build around. Glass Cannon crit verson & slightly out of date frostbite version. Neither version has a shield in the planner but you can simply throw on a Cradle of the Erased (or Bulwark of the Last Abyss if you get some health regen) and add the block blessing from Age of Winter timeline and maybe get block chance on ring suffixes. Surge also performs well and has a builder/spender playstyle instead of the mana management you do with Shatter Strike. Slightly out of date Surge build.