Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

LazyMaybe posted:

also lol @ how bioware refused to ever make any of the male characters people actually like gay/bi and instead introduced that one guy that absolutely no one likes just to say there was a gay option

it is probably true that gamers would riot if garrus, space batman, could be homo but idk if the same was true of thane

this is Dorian erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

LazyMaybe posted:

also lol @ how bioware refused to ever make any of the male characters people actually like gay/bi and instead introduced that one guy that absolutely no one likes just to say there was a gay option

it is probably true that gamers would riot if garrus, space batman, could be homo but idk if the same was true of thane

Honestly I like Steve but uh having his whole romance being him rebounding with Shepard like two weeks after his husband was brutally killed was dumb as hell.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zore posted:

Honestly I like Steve but uh having his whole romance being him rebounding with Shepard like two weeks after his husband was brutally killed was dumb as hell.

they absolutely had to brainstorm ideas about how to communicate to the player that steve was gay as fast as they could and they settled on "he's sad... because his husband... died?"

also they did make Kaidan bi in 3 but i guess that also falls into "not a character anyone actually liked"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Visions of Valerie posted:

this is Dorian erasure

Dorian is cool but I wish he had more of a questline than just dealing with his estranged family. A little too.. real life problems for my taste

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just realized what a nation is called in Unicorn Overlord. After recent events, I lol'd

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

SirSamVimes posted:

Dorian is cool but I wish he had more of a questline than just dealing with his estranged family. A little too.. real life problems for my taste

yeah, that's fair

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really dislike how in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games all of the party members think the main character is the best poo poo since sliced bread after like two conversations tops. There's little to no interpersonal drama or opportunity to gently caress things up and make people dislike you, other than a couple of Big Important Story Choices like with Wrex etc. You're just The Protagonist and so everyone likes you by default. I haven't played Baldur's Gate 3 yet but I have heard it's similar in that respect.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Leal posted:

Just realized what a nation is called in Unicorn Overlord. After recent events, I lol'd

lol

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
his collect....

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Half of Dracula posted:

Lufia 2 just having a roguelike version inside it for no reason >>>
and to this day nothing beats the ancient cave. Nobody has managed to replicate or improve upon it. It is a mystery!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Captain Invictus posted:

and to this day nothing beats the ancient cave. Nobody has managed to replicate or improve upon it. It is a mystery!

You have to scramble the tilesets for a few important dungeons as a sacrifice of sorts to invoke powerful Gameplay innovations

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played the first Mass Effect for like 2 hours and 90% of it was spent in the first hub area talking to everyone and it bored the poo poo out of me

yep. tried multiple times but that boring rear end area killed my interest each time

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Visions of Valerie posted:

this is Dorian erasure

wish he woulda shaved off that bullshit moustache

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

i'm glad we could all agree that the best JRPG is Triple Triad

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

very risky blowjob posted:

shuffle or boogie?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
can't imagine Secret of Mana with turn based battles , that would be so bad

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Half of Dracula posted:

You have to scramble the tilesets for a few important dungeons as a sacrifice of sorts to invoke powerful Gameplay innovations
the us version of lufia 2 is such a cursed artifact.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Fajita Queen posted:

I haven't played Baldur's Gate 3 yet but I have heard it's similar in that respect.

Everyone throws themselves at you and, if you avoid romance options, the guy who you speak to for respecs will start to chastise you for not loving

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
why am i fighting this in stellaris

and second question, why am i reasonably sure this isn't the result of my ten million stellaris mods and is in the base game

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
nope it's not a mod i just checked it's in the base game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=50952/barnacle-jim

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rest in power, barnacle jim

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

very risky blowjob posted:

I didn't agree to that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I remember this legend of a video ab Barnacle Jim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05cSvINk2G4

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There was a world boss added in the Legion expac of wow named Withered J'im who has a long face and lives in a damaged hole...You can't make this up people.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dongicus posted:

dragon age 2 lol

Excuse me, you mean GAME OF THE DECADE, Dragon Age 2

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There was a world boss added in the Legion expac of wow named Withered J'im who has a long face and lives in a damaged hole...You can't make this up people.

lol

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
barnacle jim, barnacle jim
barnacle jim meets puck man
they have a fight, barnacle wins
barnacle jim

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I killed him so many times for that fuckin trinket...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the best jrpg is suikoden 2 and it's not particularly close

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
true enough. rip murayama

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the forums have such a long reach

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Big fan of Breath of Fire 3 and Tales of Graces f personally.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played the first Mass Effect for like 2 hours and 90% of it was spent in the first hub area talking to everyone and it bored the poo poo out of me

It's the only game I've fallen asleep to while trying to actively play it. I don't get it.

Heath posted:

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter is a very underrated RPG I think

Hell yes, the combat system rules.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I think infinite wealth is my new favorite yak

0's the better game but the hanging out and saying stupid things part of yakuza is at its peak in 8

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Yo-Kai Watch is an extremely underrated jrpg, the trick is not to approach it as a pokemon clone, but as a really dense little open city to explore, ala Yakuza for 7 year olds. It rules. The critters are good too.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i still think ichiban kinda looks like eric andre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ArfJason posted:

i still think ichiban kinda looks like eric andre

he does