Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Raccooon posted:

What happens if the Fed increases the rate again after the market has priced in a rate cut?

Weekend panic selloff but number is green when markets open by monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Raccooon posted:

What happens if the Fed increases the rate again after the market has priced in a rate cut?

cry about it number goes down then they go right back to pricing it back in again like they have done for over a year now

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I haven't moved in the last few years so my landlord has only bumped my monthly rent by like $50-$100 when I resign. But, he owns other units around me that have new renters and from talking to them he has bumped the rent on those units from like $3000 in 2021 to $4800 in 2024 lol.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

euphronius posted:

someone check my math but .4 x 12 seems to be 4.8%

wouldnt you do 1.004^12 or 4.9%

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

no lube so what posted:

wouldnt you do 1.004^12 or 4.9%

no sir I wouldn’t trust anyone who showed me those arcane symbols

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Airplanes are designed and built with low margins for error, because you have to make them that way in order for them to fly. So it makes sense that one of the areas where the rot becomes impossible to ignore is an area where there isn't much room for stuff to escape without it turning in to a noticeable incident.

Banning private equity from the aviation industry wouldn't fix everything but it would be a change that would have an immediate positive impact but lol if that's ever going to happen. Gotta strip the copper wire from the walls even when it results in aircraft falling from the sky.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

soaring wage growth of 1.1 percent

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Raccooon posted:

:happyelf:

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

someone check my math but .4 x 12 seems to be 4.8%

0.4*12 is the annualized rate of monthly inflation. That is what was used when the yearly rate of inflation looked bad. Now that yearly looks better it is back to looking at price changes compared to a year ago.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if that happens the Market boys will hire Boeings goons

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Beached Whale posted:

https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/status/1767538350154539109

they're gonna be so pissed that their imaginary wage growth number is above their fake inflation number which means workers aren't being disciplined enough. we're not getting rate cuts until hourly workers are groveling for more gruel

That's weird, my pay didn't go up that much!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

It is. Wonder where the growth is

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Thoguh posted:

Airplanes are designed and built with low margins for error, because you have to make them that way in order for them to fly. So it makes sense that one of the areas where the rot becomes impossible to ignore is an area where there isn't much room for stuff to escape without it turning in to a noticeable incident.

Banning private equity from the aviation industry wouldn't fix everything but it would be a change that would have an immediate positive impact but lol if that's ever going to happen. Gotta strip the copper wire from the walls even when it results in aircraft falling from the sky.

wouldn’t you expect public shareholders to strip just as much copper over a long enough time horizon? el problema es el capitalismo

i mean at some point you need to accept that consumer air just doesn’t turn a profit

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

That's weird, my pay didn't go up that much!!

Same. I'm gonna need Will Stancil to weigh in on this to explain why my vibes are off.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

If aerospace is so important maybe the government should own that company

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

cool av posted:

What the… you used to be able to do that? That owns!
thats actually chump change compared to nixon imposing a general price freeze...twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv4gpyfLF3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQn9NT08a4

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

It is. Wonder where the growth is

in the imaginary department

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
And then what happened to Nixon?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Beached Whale posted:

https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/status/1767538350154539109

they're gonna be so pissed that their imaginary wage growth number is above their fake inflation number which means workers aren't being disciplined enough. we're not getting rate cuts until hourly workers are groveling for more gruel

so when do the feds start screaming wage price spiral and do something to freeze wages

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

One instinct I have is that bidens barbaric border crackdowns are having a knock on upward effect on wages at the lower end of the scale.

idk tho. I hope this wasn’t racist

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

net work error posted:

Rent going to tank the economy lol

rent is the economy

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

euphronius posted:

That's 1.1 percent that did not go to shareholders

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mola Yam posted:

so obviously covid smashed boeing stock, but does anyone know why it shot up hugely immediately after trump was elected, and stayed there until covid hit?

Related to Trump constantly threatening/actually doing a trade war with China.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Raccooon posted:

I haven't moved in the last few years so my landlord has only bumped my monthly rent by like $50-$100 when I resign. But, he owns other units around me that have new renters and from talking to them he has bumped the rent on those units from like $3000 in 2021 to $4800 in 2024 lol.

do you own a samurai sword?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Students. Landlords. It seems everyone is being dismembered by Samurai Swords nowadays! Many are asking "Say, how do I get in on having my limbs and head removed with Japanese steel?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Furman thread on cpi
https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1767536583266173401?t=0cLeYaqyU8c9U9GNrpI9_A&s=19

Krugman and wolfers haven't been givenarching orders.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Nothus posted:

And then what happened to JFK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJbt5KOgFM&t=53s

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1767565536185995762

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

lmbo

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

the free market will keep the planes in the air

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

First slowly, then quickly.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://x.com/business/status/1767554701086605467?s=20

lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Planemaker has agreed to build Max 9s instead, CEO Kirby says

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Also lmao

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cup Runneth Over posted:

has anyone in modern history ever had a rent decrease

lol

lmao

my rent went up 30% this year because my landlord sold so i had to move out of my rent controlled unit. i had only been there for ~3 years.

i'm expecting a 3% raise, if i'm lucky.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it would be funny if the government forced them to buy and fly the planes to protect Boeing

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Next up is the feds forcing these airlines to use the unsafe death plane

e:fb

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the closest i've ever seen someone get to a rent decrease was pushing back on a large increase and the landlord cutting the increase a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Cold on a Cob posted:

my rent went up 30% this year because my landlord sold so i had to move out of my rent controlled unit. i had only been there for ~3 years.

i'm expecting a 3% raise, if i'm lucky.

you’re causing inflation stop it