Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delicious in dungeon is kind of a bad name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

mycot posted:

It's 100% just based on which name you saw first.

Endorph posted:

it's the first one for me but also this second point is profoundly correct

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s also just easier to say.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Endorph posted:

no. it's cute

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i guessed correctly

you would

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

dungeon meshi has a better ring to it, but I like the dnd joke of delicious in dungeon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah if you told me to watch Delicious in Dungeon I would have a strong urge to kickflip my techdeck off your nose

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to interpret this as a compliment

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah if you told me to watch Delicious in Dungeon I would have a strong urge to kickflip my techdeck off your nose
you're posting on something awful dot com

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and delphisage has been banned from reddit, gamefaqs, every anime forum possibly even the entire internet itself

Don't forget TVTropes which is an achievement in and of itself

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

wouldst thou like to live delicious in dungeon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JimmyBiskit posted:

i can't not see chibisoma pop up in conversation without thinking about how insane it is to have to have a full set of dentures in their 20s or smth due to demolishing their teeth by eating nothing but hard peppermint candy for some absurd amount of time. funny/hosed up/extremely funny imo

based

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I bet the characters in Dungeon Meshi would do the pro gamer strat of using their mouses sideways, in front of their keyboards to prevent wrist strain

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pentyne posted:

guess the forum

I thought this would have been from her warcraft LP, didn't realize the pathfinder one would also be utterly deranged but lol

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

shoulda been dungeon scran, innit

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

LazyMaybe posted:

you're posting on something awful dot com

Does anyone know what anyone means when they say this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Endorph posted:

until i saw the other name + it being talked about by ppl who werent randoms i assumed it was a harem isekai or something from the title

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fajita Queen posted:

I thought this would have been from her warcraft LP, didn't realize the pathfinder one would also be utterly deranged but lol

lol guessed same, wtf

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Stux posted:

until i saw the other name + it being talked about by ppl who werent randoms i assumed it was a harem isekai or something from the title

in a way it is a harem but a harem of culinary innovation and delight instead of one of people

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

remembering when someone came into the DM thread to complain because they thought despite the TV-MA rating it would be great to sit down and watch with their kid, and then episode 4 with the orc tavern massacre happened and they had to explain the concept of death to their inconsolable child

lol

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

LazyMaybe posted:

it is

also why are we calling it dungeon meshi instead of delicious in dungeon, it seems like almost everyone was calling it the latter when it was just the manga and now that the anime's out everyone started calling it by the untranslated name

I use Dungeon Meshi 'cause it has fewer letters and is easier to type

gently caress remembering how to spell "delicious" all the time

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LazyMaybe posted:

it is

also why are we calling it dungeon meshi instead of delicious in dungeon, it seems like almost everyone was calling it the latter when it was just the manga and now that the anime's out everyone started calling it by the untranslated name

my friends who read it called it dungeon meshi op so i call it dungeon meshi. it also sounds better. cya.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just call it Delicious Dungeon and eliminate the IN

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Does anyone know what anyone means when they say this
it means we're all tremendous nerds and none of us can really pretend we're too cool for something with a dorky name

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Endorph posted:

bocchi the rock ftw

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im too cool for the name delicious in dungeon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LazyMaybe posted:

it is

Delicious Dungeon would have been a slightly better name

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
delicious in dungeon being a d&d reference would be fine enough, except wotc is so litigious about the brand that they had to go far enough to not get in trouble, and as a result the english name is not good. simple as.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
fort condor in intermissions really funny lol everyone falls to the strat of waiting for the kid in the playground to choose rock then choosing paper fast enough that they dont notice you cheated

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hatty posted:

Just call it Delicious Dungeon and eliminate the IN

yeah

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dungeons & Delicacies

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

LazyMaybe posted:

it means we're all tremendous nerds and none of us can really pretend we're too cool for something with a dorky name

i used to refuse to read chainsaw man because of the name

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Improbable Lobster posted:

Delicious Dungeon would have been a slightly better name
I'd agree with that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Anime names are the equivalent of drunk tattoos of Asian characters that looked cool

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What the…

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

delphisage is very sad because hes clearly like, so close to being able to be a normal person, you can somewhat have a conversation with him, but then he latches onto some random absurd take he saw absent context and just ratchets onto it for the rest of his life until everyone around him thinks hes a freak

The most confusing interaction I ever had with him was when he PMed me to ask me if I was making fun of him by posting phrenology jokes in two different threads in the span of about three days, neither of which I was aware of him frequenting.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i read it because of the name

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

he's a man with chainsaws, what more did you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chainsaw man is a series with dialog like 'my grandfather was a good man. im told he only killed a few women and children.' the title being that direct works