Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

TheBuilder posted:

And we should be thankful for that. What's the gold standard for self driving right now anyway?

Oddly enough, Ford and GM with Super Cruise and BlueCruise, which are both variants of the same-ish Mobileye. I think Super Cruise MIGHT use a slightly more capable version but they haven't deployed any of those capabilities so they are basically the same system.

Mercedes has the first true level 3, but it is extremely limited and not any more advanced in day to day use.

Tesla's is actually considered one of the worst systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

redshirt posted:

I bet Musk couldn't find Mars on a map.

He literally mistook the Moon for Mars at one point.

The man is a loving moron.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Level 3 of what ?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

of self driving

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I liked For All Mankind tbh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

of self driving

Lol at the gap between 4 and 5

Might as well be 4 and 900 trillion

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

euphronius posted:

Lol at the gap between 4 and 5

Might as well be 4 and 900 trillion

tesla has crossed it already (beta*) thanks to ai

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

It is expendable at the moment and it succeeded in making it's planned trajectory.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He literally mistook the Moon for Mars at one point.

The man is a loving moron.

quote:

On Sunday, Musk said he is accelerating the development of Starship and that people could start reserving their places to Mars after it returns from its first orbit around earth. Musk previously said he wants to launch a cargo mission to Mars by 2022 and a crewed mission by 2024.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

What, there's still most of the year left

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
can level 5 make the deep deep emptyness musk and techbros have stop hurting?

also can it suck them off and make the rest of society respect them?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It is expendable at the moment and it succeeded in making it's planned trajectory.

"We have designated this vessel as disposable. Because we know it's going to blow up."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've very positive about Starship as a rocket, but this Mars nonsense is Musk huffing his own K farts. No one cares about Mars.

Except, of course (I hope) there might be some flag waving dick sizing up stuff between China and the US about who first steps on Mars. That might motivate things in the US.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

redshirt posted:

Except, of course (I hope) there might be some flag waving dick sizing up stuff between China and the US about who first steps on Mars. That might motivate things in the US.
Yeah it won't, Mars doesn't matter. Anyone who feigns caring about a space race is gonna only be about the kulturkampf. Where it's at is space stations and then eventually infrastructure in earth orbit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

God bless you Elon for allowing other people to protect us from the scams your site delivers us at every single moment 🙏

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
weird pic, the body looks like his current ket body, but the head is the old one and the fashion is before he settled for jeans and a tee

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Prettz posted:

Yeah it won't, Mars doesn't matter. Anyone who feigns caring about a space race is gonna only be about the kulturkampf. Where it's at is space stations and then eventually infrastructure in earth orbit.

I agree that's the only logical future. But space races are real and I for one welcome it.

geworfenheit
Feb 3, 2024

Powershift posted:

He's a cybertruck.

Grotesque, fragile, loved by morons.

:five:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

priznat posted:

Elon does have some pretty scary looking bodyguards I will give him that

That’s a 4 year old

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Someone really needs to mod the Social side of Next Space Rebels, it could be the perfect Elon sim!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I think where I stop with Elon's "multi-planetary species" thesis is that we deserve to be one considering what we have done to this planet and each other so far, I don't even know that we as a species are the best our own planet has to offer the universe, now or in the very distant future. I think it should be really easy to argue that us becoming multi-planetary would be as a destructive, invasive and unwelcome species, not a gift to the universe.

Actually, I would expand on that a bit, I think that is the whole mythos of Elon and why he is viewed so positively by people, his product is that consumption is good, not only is it ethical, it is the greatest gift we have to offer the universe. That is a very desirable product to be selling humanity, and basically the same if it is X, or electric SUVs, or space internet, or a Mars base, it might be the worst that anyone has to offer us.

geworfenheit
Feb 3, 2024

what loving cargo would you want to take to mars?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

I think it should be really easy to argue that us becoming multi-planetary would be as a destructive, invasive and unwelcome species, not a gift to the universe.
lol wtf are you talking about? destructive to what?

geworfenheit
Feb 3, 2024
poo poo getting destroyed and blown up is a victory and a success and anyone saying otherwise is lying and misinformed.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Waffle House posted:

No you didn't

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Waffle House posted:

Wow.
edit: that was harsh, deleted

Prettz fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 15, 2024

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Three Olives posted:

I think where I stop with Elon's "multi-planetary species" thesis is that we deserve to be one considering what we have done to this planet and each other so far, I don't even know that we as a species are the best our own planet has to offer the universe, now or in the very distant future. I think it should be really easy to argue that us becoming multi-planetary would be as a destructive, invasive and unwelcome species, not a gift to the universe.

Actually, I would expand on that a bit, I think that is the whole mythos of Elon and why he is viewed so positively by people, his product is that consumption is good, not only is it ethical, it is the greatest gift we have to offer the universe. That is a very desirable product to be selling humanity, and basically the same if it is X, or electric SUVs, or space internet, or a Mars base, it might be the worst that anyone has to offer us.

Indeed

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Prettz posted:

lol wtf are you talking about? destructive to what?

The Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge? Drinking water around the Tesla factory in Germany? Air around their Fremont plant? Lithium mining? Look, this isn't a comprehensive list, it just major environmental harm Elon is personally responsible for just off the top of my head.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kit Walker posted:

That’s a 4 year old

Have you ever met any?!? Terrifying

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Three Olives posted:

The Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge? Drinking water around the Tesla factory in Germany? Air around their Fremont plant? Lithium mining? Look, this isn't a comprehensive list, it just major environmental harm Elon is personally responsible for just off the top of my head.
tell it to earth

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

...! posted:

No you didn't

Constellation is good, too, and creepy.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

I don't think there's any national wildlife refuges on space rocks. Which is what you were talking about.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Prettz posted:

I don't think there's any national wildlife refuges on space rocks. Which is what you were talking about.

Yeah, and for a large part of earth's history, there wasn't any here either. And for centuries we have been discovering areas of earth that we considered barron and largely incompatible with life in fact had complex eco systems, like deep sea hydrothermal vents. Until 2011, we didn't know for sure that the Dead Sea contained dense microbial communities in some areas.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Three Olives posted:

Air around their Fremont plant? Lithium mining?

The preexisting former NUMMI GM/Toyota facilty and lithium mining is Elon's fault? Concerning

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Re: Musk’s dumb “multi planet species” obsession, the one actually smart point Neil Degrasse Tyson ever made was that if you had the technology to make Mars habitable you could just use that technology to fix Earth.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Three Olives posted:

Yeah, and for a large part of earth's history, there wasn't any here either. And for centuries we have been discovering areas of earth that we considered barron and largely incompatible with life in fact had complex eco systems, like deep sea hydrothermal vents. Until 2011, we didn't know for sure that the Dead Sea contained dense microbial communities in some areas.

maybe you didn't

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Ok, so the argument is undetectable bacteria on barren rocks. Duly noted. Moving on,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013