Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Ammat The Ankh posted:

DSP is Goku

LTG is Freeza

lol freeza trying to stop the spirit bomb on namek but its ltg screaming slurs and trying to unplug the console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Posting in the Diablo 4 thread should if anything be grounds for harsher punishment.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

reading that post like this lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKI5tdmA2tk&t=18s

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol freeza trying to stop the spirit bomb on namek but its ltg screaming slurs and trying to unplug the console

lmfao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol I was expecting that.

Diablo 4 really works people up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWnFUPhtwEA

RIP in peace Floe, you made LTG mad as hell

Babe Magnet has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Mar 18, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

very saddened to hear about the passing of the yassss fighting game man

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

very little in street fighter makes me happier to see than someone getting SPD'd over and over

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Babe Magnet posted:

very little in street fighter makes me happier to see than someone getting SPD'd over and over

SydePhilDarked?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

megaten ftw.......

persona 2 IS rocks!!! tho digital devil story megami tensei 2s p cool too and also, 1000% faster than 1 is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the persona 2 duology is so cool, the current atlus devs would never have the balls to put themselves in the game the way the dudes back then did even though one of em is still there

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Alaois posted:

the persona 2 duology is so cool, the current atlus devs would never have the balls to put themselves in the game the way the dudes back then did even though one of em is still there

iirc back in the day, kaneko didn't do concept art. he drew the sprites directly into the computer off the top of his head without any planning, then did the drawn version later for the strategy guides. absolute king poo poo.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Why did they change his art for strange journey

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Alaois posted:

its so funny the writer wrote himself into 1 and 2 IS as a total fail loser no one likes who somehow dates the female smt if protagonist??? (and then he gets chased off by assassins for EP)

kanekos art is p good but tbh i feel like his older stuff is cooler than his newer ps1 smt1/2 redesigns, dois nice too tho and also some of the other misc artists for some of the side games are cool also

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I never beat dark cloud two because the final boss rush is so long and boring (especially the stupidly long ramps between bosses) by the time i get to the guy who actually offers any challenge i've stopped paying attention, die, and then don't want to restart and play all the boring stuff again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
jeffrey getting beaten 10 times in a row to the flying barcelona attack playing street fighter 2 online must be about a decade old now

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

pentyne posted:

I like a saga inside a saga so here's some details about SA user Webdog, renamed to BogDew, who was an avid stalker of Tim B^Uckely back in the day.

The only proof I could easily find was his own admission in the original Sagas thread

Rap sheet

ironically he's associated with another Saga for Lljksilk because in that thread he went after him and found his twitter and reposted a couple of pictures of him.

No idea what the details were but every casual mention of Webdog is "oh yeah that insane stalker this will be fun"

Mock threads were a stagnant pond that let posters like this really flourish.

Weblog single-handedly took CAD mock threads to second place for insanity behind the TvTrooes mock thread which at its nadir was one of the most toxic places on the forums

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
sounds to me like this buckley and tvtropes have had it easy for far too long. time for some goon justice.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Don't besmirch buckley's angel like that

Edit I have installed Prey (the space station one) and am going to see what all the fuss was about. I'm hoping it isn't super scary or I'll stop playing it

ilmucche has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Mar 18, 2024

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Radia posted:

dark cloud 2 was so loving good. does it hold up

It's a great game but I remember being disappointed in the ending which I haven't reached since it first came out but (slight spoiler I guess) isn't it one of those "oh wow, the real evil was actually us/in our hearts/hatred/etc the entire time!!!" sort of deals, because I remember being irritated by it but I could be thinking of something else

gently caress endings like that in general tbh

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Good soup! posted:

It's a great game but I remember being disappointed in the ending which I haven't reached since it first came out but (slight spoiler I guess) isn't it one of those "oh wow, the real evil was actually us/in our hearts/hatred/etc the entire time!!!" sort of deals, because I remember being irritated by it but I could be thinking of something else

IIRC It was a simulation to see if they could gaslight a Typhon (you) into being chill and none of the events actually happened which is an equally dog poo poo ending that I might be misremembering

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Alaois posted:

lol they look like a 90s japanese grunge band

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Good soup! posted:

If you talkin' poo poo about my boy Sirus, we're gonna throw hands.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol they look like a 90s japanese grunge band

lmfao I was gonna say they look like The Pillows and then I quoted the post and saw the image name

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

lmfao I was gonna say they look like The Pillows and then I quoted the post and saw the image name

hell yeah, friend. :hfive:

i didn't know if anyone else would know the pillows so i clearly underestimated.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
the obscure band for obscure anime FLCL

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I saw FLCL.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
not possible.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Babe Magnet posted:

RIP in peace Floe, you made LTG mad as hell

Floe helped us out on the capcom remasters (SF3/MSH/MVC1/DS2/3) and was just the best dude. Really sucks

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Finished Unicorn Overlord. 85 hours on my save file. I haven't had a game hook itself into my like this in years. I still dream about unit formations, equipment load out and setting up tactics.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Danaru posted:

IIRC It was a simulation to see if they could gaslight a Typhon (you) into being chill and none of the events actually happened which is an equally dog poo poo ending that I might be misremembering

the high points did actually happen but there's a bunch of non-canonical ways it can go.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

hell yeah, friend. :hfive:

i didn't know if anyone else would know the pillows so i clearly underestimated.

I actually own like 3 of their non-flcl albums haha, they're a solid pick if you like rock with a lot of grunge and britpop influences

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Coolguye posted:

the high points did actually happen but there's a bunch of non-canonical ways it can go.

Gonna have to watch yall's LP of that again. I bounced off of trying to play Prey but I did enjoy the LP.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Radia posted:

dark cloud 2 was so loving good. does it hold up

I really like Dark Cloud 2, but the whole photography invention system loving sucks and basically requires keeping gamefaqs open at all times.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Mock threads were a stagnant pond that let posters like this really flourish.

Weblog single-handedly took CAD mock threads to second place for insanity behind the TvTrooes mock thread which at its nadir was one of the most toxic places on the forums

Those are both worse than the Star Citizen threads???

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nothing was worse than the star citizen threads not even the webcomic threads

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

UwUnabomber posted:

I saw FLCL.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

No mercy for wheelchair

[Fair] [foul]

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
talking about the capital T Trauma I suffered from watching School Days to my wife, gfs and tinder matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nothing was worse than the star citizen threads not even the webcomic threads