Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Jose posted:

jeffrey getting beaten 10 times in a row to the flying barcelona attack playing street fighter 2 online must be about a decade old now

Was there ever a recording of this cuz I've only ever read that it happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nothing was worse than the star citizen threads not even the webcomic threads

derek smart banned a guy for like a whole year(?) for mildly ribbing him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

A Bystander posted:

Was there ever a recording of this cuz I've only ever read that it happened

i think it was a recording that i saw but i don't remember

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

enjoying the various creatures in dragon quest 11

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Those are almirajs. Kill them before they kill you op

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I like doing the essence of high noon on the sleeping bag guys they also have a gun that just floats in the air

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I like the cucumber that impales itself upon defeat.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Man these are so cute. I wish they were real

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nothing was worse than the star citizen threads not even the webcomic threads

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

there was an entire community of stalkers on the forums that only ever posted in the star citizen forum and only signed up for the star citizen forum

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
And?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
They didn't really get the general culture of Something Awful so when one poster got probated/banned for transphobia a bunch of them went "oh so this is not a place for free speech?!"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

mycot posted:

They didn't really get the general culture of Something Awful so when one poster got probated/banned for transphobia a bunch of them went "oh so this is not a place for free speech?!"

It was so funny. One dude made a post all 'Oh I see FREE THOUGHT is not ACCEPTED here, well I am leaving forever, GOODBYE' and then reported other people for being mean to him after that, so we banned him

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
literally 1984

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mycot posted:

Yeah like 5 people decided that was a solid place to plant their flag

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I want to say the first poster to fall was called Titanic which feels kinda on the nose

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I don't know if anyone else remembers but when lowtax offed himself, a bunch of people who hadn't posted in decades came back and they were also like that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

HopperUK posted:

I want to say the first poster to fall was called Titanic which feels kinda on the nose
Yeah and the terrible transphobic rambling started with a very unsettling "Oh joy, politics. :) I love talking about this" or something, like someone had been tricked into letting them reveal their power level

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I don't know if anyone else remembers but when lowtax offed himself, a bunch of people who hadn't posted in decades came back and they were also like that.

it was very funny

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

wokeness killed lowtax

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yeah, a bunch of people came back and posted and were genuinely surprised that SA wasn't what it was 15 years ago, while the rest of us (or at least me) were surprised that absolutely none of those people had grown up at all. They still think and post like people from 2004.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Heath posted:

They still think and post like people from 2004.

I was originally going to say "It's like they were stuck in 2004."

2004 loving sucked

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wokeness killed lowtax

it did (laudatory)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the mangosteen juice was poisoned

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

mycot posted:

OH LORD honhonhon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

the mangosteen juice was poisoned

he never got over the mangosteen drama and it haunted him for the rest of his life

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

they should name a variety of mangosteen after him. to honor him.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
went on to the goldbelly website to build a joke and instead got legitimately mad at them selling 6 hot dogs for $110

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Post the hot dogs

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Plant MONSTER. posted:

they should name a variety of mangosteen after him. to honor him.

Garcinia mangostana dearrichardus

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've been told that Goldbelly's business model is really designed for corporate gifting, where local food is a quirky fun gift to clients and it's all going on an expense account anyway, but that only makes the cookies funnier IMHO

Well, if you assume Lowtax actually liked them and wasn't just trying to screw his family out of child support via frivolous spending

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Look, it's Goldbelly, not *thinking really hard of a metal that is probably cheap* Tinbelly.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Antivehicular posted:

I've been told that Goldbelly's business model is really designed for corporate gifting, where local food is a quirky fun gift to clients and it's all going on an expense account anyway, but that only makes the cookies funnier IMHO

Well, if you assume Lowtax actually liked them and wasn't just trying to screw his family out of child support via frivolous spending

yeah, that or stuff like ordering a bunch of bake-at-home deep dish pizzas for your friend who left Chicago

during covid my company sent us stuff from goldbelly a couple times but we used to do a bunch of morale events like picnics/thanksgiving/chili cookoff/etc and so they spent the budget on that. Logistically it's way easier to use a company like that than to make a bunch of individual orders.

One time they sent us hot chicken from some place in nashville and it was like 4 full chickens, half a gallon of mac and cheese, etc. that poo poo lasted a while

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lowtax once made a bunch of posts in GBS begging goons to use his referral links to goldbelly he wasnt addicted either he only bought a few pies from there but it would be cool if you used his referral link

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

HopperUK posted:

It was so funny. One dude made a post all 'Oh I see FREE THOUGHT is not ACCEPTED here, well I am leaving forever, GOODBYE' and then reported other people for being mean to him after that, so we banned him

i remember seeing those massive screeds on how it is actually rational and good to be a transphobe to ask critical questions about others' views on their gender and i'm like, bitch you aren't in the comment section in your facebook group. stfu

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sometime after the goldbelly cookie thing my relative in US told us in the chatgroup that she was surprising her husband for their wedding anniversary with a goldbelly cheesecake flown all the way from philly and i'm like, noooooooo, oh god nooooooo, and quietly messaged her she should temper her expectations.

a few days later she posted pictures of their anniversary meal sans the flown-in cheesecake and then she privately messaged me, you were right

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Heath posted:

Look, it's Goldbelly, not *thinking really hard of a metal that is probably cheap* Tinbelly.

new stardew patch tomorrow. ur gonna be back to copperbelly

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i remember seeing those massive screeds on how it is actually rational and good to be a transphobe to ask critical questions about others' views on their gender and i'm like, bitch you aren't in the comment section in your facebook group. stfu

I'm not gonna lie it felt good just to be able to tell a couple of those fucks to get out. Like here in the UK we have a horrendous transphobia problem in the media and I'm so used to seeing the Reasonable Discussions that boil my blood. It was nice to be able to just say no, we're not having that discussion here, it's not up for debate, gently caress off. 'oh so I'm not allowed to voice my opinion here?' no you aren't, gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Radia posted:

new stardew patch tomorrow. ur gonna be back to copperbelly

Getting stripped out of the walls by methheads belly