Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Traitorous Leopard posted:

They could make the DD animation a giant skeleton that pops out the ground and points a 357 at you, I still ain’t seeing that poo poo with the three different layers of celestial garbage erupting from my dude

This. But i dont play Hardcore so, meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Not a fan of the invitation change, I liked running maven on my maps and they were the most profitable part. Guess we need to see how the drop rate nodes change.

J
Jun 10, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ6MNd5zERQ

Also note the stack size of the divines. And the scarab mod on the box reroll. And maybe a new scarab, or at least new winged scarab art.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
"anarchy scarabs"

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
>10 div orbs in a stack!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Can't wait to rip myself off by forgetting the new Divine stack size

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Sooo anarchy scarabs means they are either adding new rows to the fragment tab, or are they replacing something else?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

whypick1 posted:

Can't wait to rip myself off by forgetting the new Divine stack size

Develop a habit to press alt before you trade.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Controller support ftw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Keru posted:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1769847588868780365

Neat to have, but also they're removing the ability to put instant-cast poo poo on lmb because I guess they don't want people to automate it too easily.

the "cwdt molten shell so u can switch to controller and not have to spam something constantly" chads STAY winning

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

theshim posted:

haven't done this in a while, time for a character retrospective as this league wraps up

thats so many chars... wish i had the patience to push thru campaign that many times. want to do mine as well anyway thoi

1. srs guardian: i picked this before the league was even revealled bcos i wanted something that could farm harvest and sanctum and also probably deal well with whatever the league added. it did do those things, and levelling with the sentinel is probably the best/easiest levelling ive ever had. srs is a fun skill as well. but the AG dying kept pissing me off, and i didnt feel like it had enough to deal with wisped up deli/beyond maps and i eventually got frustrated and rage-respecced it into

2. poison lightning strike guardian: objectively this build loving sucked lmao just completely half baked and barely functional, but lightning strike is so fun it made me realise what i wanted to play so i moved back to srs and farmed harvest for a bit

3. lightning strike/smite aurastacker scion:

lmfao

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Brief noob update.
  • Beat Dominicus and made it to act 4. Died a few times but finally got it.
  • Unlocked the Scion
  • Beat the 6 labyrinth challenges, but haven't done whatever you need to do next.
  • I actually made my own Vaal Summon Skeletons! Only took 3 tries total. I know it's a simple thing, but it felt cool to not screw it up.

So I immediately changed out all my gems and threw on all the minion summons I had. But even with Vaal + regular skels, SRS, Zombies, and a spectre I couldn't hit the 60 mark. I had duration support and fast casting with SRS, but still couldn't get enough out it seems.

I read that Spell Echo is supposed to help, so I guess the next thing I'll do is finish the quest act that rewards it. I've also seen where you can buy a bunch of low level weapons then cast Animate Weapon on them, then Vaal Skeletons, then SRS. I'll try that too.

After that I think I'm going to restart with a different build and practice zooming through the campaign.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When does the new poe2 info start today

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

euphronius posted:

When does the new poe2 info start today

There's a timer on https://www.pathofexile.com/ but 7h43min from this post.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
4pm eastern daylight savings

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Paying2Lurk posted:

Brief noob update.
  • Beat Dominicus and made it to act 4. Died a few times but finally got it.
  • Unlocked the Scion
  • Beat the 6 labyrinth challenges, but haven't done whatever you need to do next.
  • I actually made my own Vaal Summon Skeletons! Only took 3 tries total. I know it's a simple thing, but it felt cool to not screw it up.

So I immediately changed out all my gems and threw on all the minion summons I had. But even with Vaal + regular skels, SRS, Zombies, and a spectre I couldn't hit the 60 mark. I had duration support and fast casting with SRS, but still couldn't get enough out it seems.

I read that Spell Echo is supposed to help, so I guess the next thing I'll do is finish the quest act that rewards it. I've also seen where you can buy a bunch of low level weapons then cast Animate Weapon on them, then Vaal Skeletons, then SRS. I'll try that too.

After that I think I'm going to restart with a different build and practice zooming through the campaign.

Before you make a new character, you should do the Labyrinth. The entrance is in the Act 3 town underneath a statue on the northwest side of the encampment but still within the zone. If you zone out of town, you have gone too far.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

wemgo posted:

Before you make a new character, you should do the Labyrinth. The entrance is in the Act 3 town underneath a statue on the northwest side of the encampment but still within the zone. If you zone out of town, you have gone too far.

Got it. I was wondering where the actual Labyrinth was. Makes sense!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Paying2Lurk posted:

Beat Dominicus

Dominus

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

No need to be so Sirius

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Paying2Lurk posted:

Beat Dominicus and made it to act 4. Died a few times but finally got it.

Did you feel the touch of God?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whydirt posted:

No need to be so Sirius

Nope, I have to. J understood why:

J posted:

My farming strategery next league is gonna be to start with blighted maps since they don't need gear if you place turrents well. Then once I have some money I'm gonna try and get some kinda inquizidor build online that can farm delerium mirrors if tropical eyeland still exists on the new atlas. Then prezoomably I'll need a bossing character for the new bosses and maybe Sirius if his fragment prices make cents.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dominus and his goons are a nice lil dps check. Also, I bet he killed you with corrupted blood (you can roll immunity on a life flask, very useful) or the pretty well telegraphed lightning slam he does.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

External Organs posted:

Dominus and his goons are a nice lil dps check. Also, I bet he killed you with corrupted blood (you can roll immunity on a life flask, very useful) or the pretty well telegraphed lightning slam he does.

I'll put (imaginary) money on one death due to not realizing the connection between the blood rain and Dominus' proximity bubble.

Unrelated: Can't wait to see GGG do a live demo today and casually mention a bunch of times how stable their game client is.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Also phase 2 Dominus is like the only moment in poe when standing still is good

efb

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

External Organs posted:

whypick1 posted:

I'll put (imaginary) money on one death due to not realizing the connection between the blood rain and Dominus' proximity bubble.

Unrelated: Can't wait to see GGG do a live demo today and casually mention a bunch of times how stable their game client is.

I wish I could settle the bet, but I have no idea. I was running away from him, dropping totems snd SRSing my guts out. Probably could have slammed the flask buttons more. Luckily bosses don't regain health!

Also finished the first Labyrinth so now I'm a full-fledged Necromancer. Chose Mindless Aggression since it seemed good. Transfigured Absolution and the only gem that was useful to me was a Holy Totem of Ire so I picked that. Had to go back and buy another Absolution but whatever.

Tried the Animate Weapon trick for the minion trophy but it still didn't work. Had 20 weapons, 26 Vaal skellies, a couple regular skels and skitterbots, then SRS'ed and flasked as much as I could but it still didn't pop. I'll try again when I get Spell Echo I guess.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have been living vicariously through a guy that discovered PoE on YouTube named Nyx. He first did an act by act review (with him loving the part 2 twist of let's kill all the gods! ) then maps.

He is watching the GGG stuff live now: here

edit: He is doing delirium to make the episode on his review of that content.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 21, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Is Nyx still doing that thing where he comes across something, asks aloud how it works then just randomly clicks poo poo instead of reading a single word in-game that might explain how it works, followed by starting the next video describing how the comment section informed him of that same information?

I've been watching quite a few new player experiences during this downtime, so I have opinions.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whypick1 posted:

Is Nyx almost every gamer still doing that thing where he comes across something, asks aloud how it works then just randomly clicks poo poo instead of reading a single word in-game that might explain how it works, followed by starting the next video describing how the comment section informed him of that same information?

Fixed

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

LOGIN

https://twitch.tv/pathofexile

The stream is live

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Chris said the thing!

Good news Frank, you can start the same day as the rest of us!

Campaign and Endgame changes? Be still my beating heart.

MOUNTS!

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 21, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Chris said the thing!

Good news Frank, you can start the same day as the rest of us!

Campaign and Endgame changes? Be still my beating heart.

Just came here to post this. Yeah I've got a week to settle on a build but I'm leaning towards a Tornado Shot Deadeye or one of those wacky lightning arrow builds.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Are poe 2 skills class locked? He keeps referring to ranger skills

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Caustic arrow fart clouds are back baby :gas:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Deki posted:

Huh, guess I forgot poe2 skills are class locked

Except they aren't :confused:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

whypick1 posted:

Except they aren't :confused:

I guess I'm just confused by him referring to them as ranger skills

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I would imagine that they are given as quest rewards to that class like in poe1

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Thank goodness they don't schedule PoE2 stuff at the same time as PoE1 announcement stuff, otherwise I'd have tuned in and have to sit through boring poo poo I don't care about. :sigh:

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Nephrite posted:

Thank goodness they don't schedule PoE2 stuff at the same time as PoE1 announcement stuff, otherwise I'd have tuned in and have to sit through boring poo poo I don't care about. :sigh:

yeah but showing slow boring poe 2 gameplay makes me way more hype for the poe 1 stuff

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

beta delayed, not really that surprising tbh as that seemed hella aggressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Delayed until "near end of the year". Man that's a huge delay.

Edit: T17?!