Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gonna cuck the prince as ogre pikachu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

ugh, spoilers!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Goblins ill like cuckoldry.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is there a mod to let me play as a dogma

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
What's a dogma

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Watching my big bro get to the end of Dragon's Dogma 1 and the sheer bafflement that he experienced when Festiebestie the Jestie ran up the beach to profess his undying love is one of the best moments I've ever witnessed while gaming.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You also have a whole nation of cat people to accidentally romance. And elves! Who knows who your true love will end up being!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

CharlestonJew posted:

What's a dogma

Nothing much, what's a dogma with you?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If the game makes me into a furry then I'll minecraft myself in front of the dragon.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

If the game makes me into a furry then I'll minecraft myself in front of the dragon.

The Arisen doth protest too much...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Khanstant posted:

Mine was horrifying, it was the Witch from the woods who IIRC was not an adult. I reloaded an old save and redid the end sections in a different way to get a different beloved, which ended up being Fournival. Not the best but could be much much worse so he was also my second and third arisen loves.

She's actually one of the good ones (lore wise). Spoiler for a decade old game:
The dead witch was actually an Arisen. She's the witch's pawn reincarnated in a copy of the witch's idealized body grappling with having agency of her own. Much like what happens with your pawn in NG+.
Of course that makes it even creepier, because it's not just the "10,000 year old demon in a teen body," it also has "she was previously a slave non-person with 0 willpower or sense of self, now in the teen body of their creator.

I wound up with the annoying big tiddy merchant lady because she was the main merchant I used while she was wandering and I played after the patch that reduced the merchant and innkeeper interaction affection, but didn't seem to reduce the questline stuff. I was trying for not-Casca or Festus, womp womp.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

On the one hand I’d really like to play this today. On the other I bought my PC like two years ago and it sounds like it’s gonna be chugging if I try to run it on there instead of my PS5

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

True Dragon's Dogma experience.

Yessss it's back

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Saxophone posted:

On the one hand I’d really like to play this today. On the other I bought my PC like two years ago and it sounds like it’s gonna be chugging if I try to run it on there instead of my PS5

To be fair, I’m playing on a Series X and, so far, I’m not really finding any problems with the frame rate. I’ve got a decent gaming laptop so play a lot of games on there with frames consoles can only dream of, but this game looks pretty so I have to enjoy it on the biggest screen possible.

Basically I’m saying load this bad boy up on that PS5. A game is a game. I barely notice the 30 frames (possibly because of the way they gently caress around with animations and art style) though your mileage might vary.

We all grew up playing games that couldn’t even crack 30 frames and still liked those. None of them ever looked as nice as this.

Edit: Haven’t actually made it to a city yet. Might change my tune then!

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 21, 2024

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Saxophone posted:

If you have a 2-year-old PC it's almost certainly more powerful than a PS5, especially in terms of CPU where this game is most limited.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I got the best friend lady. Forgot her name. Erin maybe?

No clue what I did to make that happen besides rescuing her in the woods early in the game (which was a massive pain in the rear end because I was underleveled and the stronger bandits could kill me and my pawns in one hit), and maybe doing her guide quest to take her somewhere.

At the time I was hoping for Mercedes but she went home as a result of some choices I made. Didn't know the jester was an option or I would've gone for that, hilarious

Saxophone posted:

What CPU and gpu do you have?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

She's actually one of the good ones (lore wise). Spoiler for a decade old game:
The dead witch was actually an Arisen. She's the witch's pawn reincarnated in a copy of the witch's idealized body grappling with having agency of her own. Much like what happens with your pawn in NG+.
Of course that makes it even creepier, because it's not just the "10,000 year old demon in a teen body," it also has "she was previously a slave non-person with 0 willpower or sense of self, now in the teen body of their creator.

I wound up with the annoying big tiddy merchant lady because she was the main merchant I used while she was wandering and I played after the patch that reduced the merchant and innkeeper interaction affection, but didn't seem to reduce the questline stuff. I was trying for not-Casca or Festus, womp womp.

I think they just didn't think about it much but I'm hoping they did this time, because there's a non-creepy kernal of a redemption/learn-to-be-human story buried in there and in all Pawns essentially. People obviously value the apparent sense of free will we experience, many of the gravest universal sins boil down to removing that agency from people directly.

Seems like a being grappling with being a reincarnation of a former hollow slave vessel provides plenty of pathos for a character to grow or succumb to.

Alternatively let us have quests to hunt down a brain, heart, ruby shoes, and courage to give our Pawn to make them into a real boy.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Play posted:

What CPU and gpu do you have?

I7-11700 @ 2.5 GHZ
32 gigs of ram
GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Saxophone posted:

I7-11700 @ 2.5 GHZ
32 gigs of ram
GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Way better than ps5, without a doubt. Depending on resolution and settings you should be able to get an average around 60 fps vs an average of 30 for ps5.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Dope. Which also means I can play it on a switch controller which will make my hands happy.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
can't wait to play Dragon Dogman 2

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i couldn't figure out who to play as with my Eggman pawn until like, just now, when I remembered Sage exists. so im indulging my inner Sonic Freak and playing as a grown-up Sage adventuring with her Eggdad. tried to get the corrupted code look going on her with some tattoos and i think it worked out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dragon's Dogma
Danganronpa
Dragon Ron Paul

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nvidia just announced dd2 is in fact available on GeForce now day 1 btw

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dragon's Dangan

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Now that's what I call emergent gameplay

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Anyways I give it a week before some enterprising modder finds out that the reason everything runs like rear end is because they're calculating the exact physics interactions of the teeth of each NPC in the world at the same time or something. It's always something silly when the optimization is this awful.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Saxophone posted:

I7-11700 @ 2.5 GHZ
32 gigs of ram
GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

It's also worth noting that FSR3 really works on the PC version. My game is now running smoothly in the wilderness at the default settings (mostly high) at 1440P. Ryzen 5600x + RTX 3080. You should be good.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Anyways I give it a week before some enterprising modder finds out that the reason everything runs like rear end is because they're calculating the exact physics interactions of the teeth of each NPC in the world at the same time or something. It's always something silly when the optimization is this awful.

It also has Denuvo, which has historically led to bizarre and awful performance problems in many games where they implemented it poorly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Google Butt posted:

Nvidia just announced dd2 is in fact available on GeForce now day 1 btw

lol is this going to be like Cyberpunk 2077 at launch, where this ends up being the best performing version?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It also has Denuvo, which has historically led to bizarre and awful performance problems in many games where they implemented it poorly.

but again, the performance issues on pc seem to be in line with those on consoles

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There is also a bunch of anti-cheat / tamper stuff that is exclusive to Capcom titles, running in the background. That is also going to tank performance.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'll just wait for some performance tweaks; it's 70 bux anyway so I'll just hit the first sale

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/geforce-now-thursday-dragons-dogma-2/

Geforce Now is an option too

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

some people have never played paradox games and it shows

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm not familiar with GeForce Now, so I'm not sure what this means.

Are we getting a day-one driver update as well?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

I'm not familiar with GeForce Now, so I'm not sure what this means.

Are we getting a day-one driver update as well?

Its a game streaming option.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rinkles posted:

but again, the performance issues on pc seem to be in line with those on consoles

Yeah, but I mean... I'm not surprised the performance is what it is on consoles. They don't have amazing processors and this is a processor intensive game. On PC I'd expect better because people with even very beefy processors are having problems.

But could also be a red herring, and the game's just a resource hog for ~reasons~.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's not a loving brain teaser, the AI and scripting is a lot heavier than most titles, and it applies to every NPC in the game. Put a lot of them together, it slows the game down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
People have expectations based on prior console generations where the CPUs were incredibly weak. The CPUs in the current gen consoles are something like an underclocked R7 3800X. They aren't the pathetic CPUs of the PS4 and Xbox One, and it was totally predictable that eventually a game would come along that was CPU bound on console and wouldn't run all that much better on current PCs because they just aren't that much faster in the CPU department. Maybe twice as fast at the top end or something.