Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I don’t think I would like dragons dogma anyway, so please sign me up for team anti DD2, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stux posted:

reddit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't think reversing the dumb ban needs the toasty guy involved

i think it does bitch

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
As someone who wasn't particularly interested in DD2 but believed you had to pay for fast travel until I learnt otherwise from this thread, lying about how the game works is bad even if worse things have happened. Like it's just not necessary. Thanks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
2011: dark souls 1 comes out. they make a giant barely functional physics based obstacle course, fill it with poison archers and make it run at 10fps. everyone agrees this is a good thing and the game is one of the best games ever made.

2024: dd2 comes out. when youre in town the frame rate drops to double the frame rate dd1 ran at. everyone claims the game is unplayable

and yall think soy isnt loving with peoples minds 💅

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I am literally the soyest person ever made.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Stux posted:

2011: dark souls 1 comes out. they make a giant barely functional physics based obstacle course, fill it with poison archers and make it run at 10fps. everyone agrees this is a good thing and the game is one of the best games ever made.

2024: dd2 comes out. when youre in town the frame rate drops to double the frame rate dd1 ran at. everyone claims the game is unplayable

and yall think soy isnt loving with peoples minds 💅

sometime in that window everyone baited pc gamers into thinking everything needs to run at 240fps

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

more falafel please posted:

sometime in that window everyone baited pc gamers into thinking everything needs to run at 240fps

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

soy tastes like poo poo

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Would you say that about soy sauce though

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I am literally the soyest person ever made.

welcome

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

sebmojo posted:

I think it's ok to criticize companies for doing bad things and I don't even care if people are not 100% accurate about it, companies don't have feelings :stoked:
uh huh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Raise your hand if you've killed the capcom in your head.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
GAMERS

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I tried to buster duel the Capcom in my head and lost.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
people who obsess over fps are the lowest form of gamer there is, next to people who obsess over metacritic scores

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
lying is only acceptable when its funny and "you have to pay money to go places faster or get haircuts" isnt funny, thats just real life

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Crazy opinion IMO to say it's fine to lie about something because it's a corporation. You can say DLC is stupid without making things up ffs.

Right...I know this is over something stupid like a video game but "it's okay to lie as long as you're morally correct" rubs me the wrong way. And I just don't believe the people who are making and spreading the lies in this case are doing it for good reasons.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Lotta broke boys in the haters of DD2, even if it was true maybe if you grew up and got a real job that pays real money you wouldnt have to expose yourself as having 0 racks hatin from yo mamas crib

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Paladinus posted:

Raise your hand if you've killed the capcom in your head.

I killed part of the capcom in my head, but unfortunately it was Top Man from Mega Man 3 and now I can't stop spinning

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mycot posted:

Right...I know this is over something stupid like a video game but "it's okay to lie as long as you're morally correct" rubs me the wrong way. And I just don't believe the people who are making and spreading the lies in this case are doing it for good reasons.

Yeah, that's fair, that was kind of a dumb post.

I think it's more amplifying stuff that's already there though, like if there are a bunch of absurd dlcs for things like resurrecting a pawn and there is no way to start a new game without editing files (which is true, yeah?) then it's a very easy leap to believing that they are doing it to sell dlc and that's a problem they created themselves.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Apologies for my stupidity, but what is DE:MD?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Woodpile posted:

I can't give McGay poo poo for his moron bracket picks unless he is freed.

Auburn and Florida both lost after his ban...please free him to not break my bracket more

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

sebmojo posted:

then it's a very easy leap to believing that they are doing it to sell dlc and that's a problem they created themselves.

i feel kinda split on all of this.

the dlc is loving stupid and it shouldnt exist. capcom is right to be raked over the coals for it.

the deleting saves thing is also loving stupid. again, capcom should be tarred and feathered for this.

for the fast travel and poo poo like that - this stuff is very similar to how things were in dragons dogma 1 so thats when i start rolling my eyes. for almost all of this dlc, it would be like if square started selling microtransactions for the ff7 remake where you could pay $2 for a potion and $3 for a phoenix down. yeah its stupid, but it's not ruining the game or poo poo like that.

you can hate the microtransactions on principle but people acting like these microtransactions are ruining the game need to dropped out of helicopter into an active volcano

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sebmojo posted:

accuracy is important

that's actually a pretty good joke tbf, easily worth :10bux:

pussy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stux posted:

reddit

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
can't wait to play dd2

except i can and am because i have no videogame time to speak of and already use it all on street fighter 6

but it looks as fantastic as the first

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only soy anything I’ve had is Soy milk and it ranks low on the milk substitute tier list. Oat Milk is peak

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Has anyone said dragons dogshit yet

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

hatty posted:

The only soy anything I’ve had is Soy milk and it ranks low on the milk substitute tier list. Oat Milk is peak

Oat milk is indeed peak. You're very deprived if you haven't had any dishes with soy sauce or tofu in them though.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

American McGay posted:

Something Awful LLC hires pedophiles and rapists to moderate their forums.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

if this got a ban but its OK to lie about companies, does that mean it's true?

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Fajita Queen posted:

no cuz its a good game

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Soy tastes great, is a much needed source of protein for vegetarians, is important in Asian cuisine, lets farmers replenish nitrogen and other nutrients in the soil without leaving the fields fallow, and is a major source of income for America’s agricultural regions.

I don’t know why people are poo poo talking soy but they need a reality check imo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

no cuz its a good game

I meant dumbo redditors and games posters ofc

I probably won't play it immediately but it does look good even if capcom's corporate people are dipshits

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

You know the truth

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

Foul Fowl posted:

dragon's dogshit 2 owns so far btw. i killed two cyclopses and a bunch of goblins. i threw a goblin off a cliff. but they deserve to get slammed in the reviews because the performance is pretty bad and even if the dlc is all pointless consumables idc, gently caress you capcom

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Love the "I'm having a bunch of fun with this game!! gently caress it and gently caress the devs" style of poster

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

:D

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Soy tastes great, is a much needed source of protein for vegetarians, is important in Asian cuisine, lets farmers replenish nitrogen and other nutrients in the soil without leaving the fields fallow, and is a major source of income for America’s agricultural regions.

I don’t know why people are poo poo talking soy but they need a reality check imo

i mean there's a lot of conversation to be had about monoculture in industrialized agriculture but yeah the noble soybean has done nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
pointedly not posting a certain clip starring retired professional wrestler and Olympic gold medalist, Kurt Angle, where he makes a statement on the validity of a claim in the affirmative