Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mordiceius posted:

Apologies for my stupidity, but what is DE:MD?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, they let you buy praxis points and hacking devices with real money that were only usable for one save file then they were gone, then they also made a free to play gacha game alongside it, plus the game itself was mid as hell and the whole thing was a poo poo show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Danaru posted:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, they let you buy praxis points and hacking devices with real money that were only usable for one save file then they were gone, then they also made a free to play gacha game alongside it, plus the game itself was mid as hell and the whole thing was a poo poo show

Rofl. it owns how insane some of these companies are

even FFXIV, most of the cash shop cosmetic items are single character - which is baffling.

you buy an emote but ONE CHARACTER ONLY gets it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
pouring one out for deus ex

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mordiceius posted:

Rofl. it owns how insane some of these companies are

even FFXIV, most of the cash shop cosmetic items are single character - which is baffling.

you buy an emote but ONE CHARACTER ONLY gets it

This always gets me because this isn't even a game that encourages alts, except for RP I guess? So how much more money can they possibly be making forcing RPers to buy emotes twice or three times, compared to how much whale goodwill they're burning through?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

pouring one out for deus ex

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nothing important or interesting happens in MD because they were saving all the epic plot twists for the third game that will never come out lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

When would it ever be okay to make poo poo up about something just to get mad at it

Like isn't that the #1 cause of brain damage in politics forums

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nothing important or interesting happens in MD because they were saving all the epic plot twists for the third game that will never come out lol

Legit the only thing I remember about MD is that the cops get mad if you don't sit at the back of the train, everything else was just... Nothing

There was a bank that had nothing fun to steal from I think

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MECHANICAL APARTHEID

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's probably old news but there's a randomizer mod for the original Deus Ex with bingo card objectives and also Souls style bloodstains that show how people got owned and it's sick as hell. Would be playing it if not for DD2.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Stux posted:

reddit

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
any good MMOs :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's probably old news but there's a randomizer mod for the original Deus Ex with bingo card objectives and also Souls style bloodstains that show how people got owned and it's sick as hell. Would be playing it if not for DD2.

played that during Impmas and it owned, especially when stuff can happen like the boat on Liberty Island sitting halfway up the statue

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

insane anime posted:

FF14 is pretty legit but it's still an MMO

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

When would it ever be okay to make poo poo up about something just to get mad at it

Like isn't that the #1 cause of brain damage in politics forums

The people doing that think that video games is politics

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

FF14 is pretty legit but it's still an MMO

how long you been playin this??? Lets get some guys together and do some poo poo...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
FF14 is fun but holy gently caress those players are vicious at mahjong

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

MECHANICAL APARTHEID

BUTTlerian jihad

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

im gona be raiding with the gang tonight in ff14, great game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

insane anime posted:

how long you been playin this??? Lets get some guys together and do some poo poo...

I haven't played it in like 8 years lol, just sayin it was prettyg ood

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ffxiv would be a lot cooler if i didnt have to play it for 800 hours just to get a gunblade, which is all i really want

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I haven't played it in like 8 years lol, just sayin it was prettyg ood

ah gently caress it then, :hai:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

[somehow giving self wedige while talking] Woonscape.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

MECHANICAL APARTHEID

i think this is what annoys me the most about MD and to a less extent HR the original game was about how every conspiracy was true and multiple ongoing ones were happening at the same time but for the jensen games all of that is ignored in favor of mechanical augs which werent even that important in the original game except for being obsolete by the time of DX

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I stopped playing FF14 out of protest when Yoshi P was like "FUUUUUUUUCK I HATE FFX AND BLITZBALL ESPECIALLY" or whatever

How the gently caress is blitzballer not a class but guy who uses tarot cards is a class :mad:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Danaru posted:

I stopped playing FF14 out of protest when Yoshi P was like "FUUUUUUUUCK I HATE FFX AND BLITZBALL ESPECIALLY" or whatever

How the gently caress is blitzballer not a class but guy who uses tarot cards is a class :mad:

only true ballers can become a blitzer

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol dragon quest x was originally an MMO on the wii thats badass

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
raiding ult's in ffxiv is epic. hang out with your friends, go a little loopy, see thordan. whats not to like

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

[somehow giving self wedige while talking] Woonscape.

he got his rune crossbow

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If anyone has played Tales of Arise could you tell me how much more game I have to go if I'm about to rescue Shionne? THank you.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol dragon quest x was originally an MMO on the wii thats badass

DQX is epic as hell. I put 200 hours into it when I was between jobs last summer...

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Danaru posted:

FF14 is fun but holy gently caress those players are vicious at mahjong

I have a buddy who basically only logs into ff14 to play mahjong. He specifically tries to call ron on people who are going for the “mahjong master” title

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

nrook posted:

I have a buddy who basically only logs into ff14 to play mahjong. He specifically tries to call ron on people who are going for the “mahjong master” title

dudes rock

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A lot of people only play mahjong on 14

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
since square-enix licensed out the mahjong part to people who actually make digital mahjong and also its accessible in the free to play portion of the mmo ff14 is also technically a free mahjong simulator

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

insane anime posted:

everquest on a emulated server

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

insane anime posted:

Wurm Online

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Danaru posted:

Wurm Online

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If anyone has played Tales of Arise could you tell me how much more game I have to go if I'm about to rescue Shionne? THank you.

I haven't played it myself but I have a friend who loves the Tales games and according to his steam achievements he's finished it. I've messaged him to ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Jesus loving Christ:

quote:

HouseofSuren posted:

Why are jews melting out of the thread now, you're not welcome in America

Is there a Hasbara signal going off?

Are there young children to be touched?

If you support Israel you will face the same consequences the Israeli faces whether you're jewish or not, get ready

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)