Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Good except for the implication that what would be better for America is a powerful, focused, and energized Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

God*drat* is that some good messaging. :allears:

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

I'd imagine there'll be more than a few people that dump their 401k into this ridiculous company. This is just another way to part CHUDs with their money and just :lmao: that they don't even notice

Oh, they’ll notice. But it will be the fault of BIDENOMICS instead of any personal choices they themselves have made.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

jokes posted:

I don't think anyone here understands how stock values work

:words:

But also don't forget that the stock market is a scam and regularly companies even more obscure pull off these kinds of exploits

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1772369261559677181

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just feel bad for the non-CHUD kids of chuds who were hoping to still have some kind of inheritance

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Rupert Murdoch ruined America, goddamn what an accomplishment.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I often find some of the comments in here surprising. Surprising in that I wonder if the person understands how the US govt works. Elections. How stupid the senate system is. That sort of thing.

Someone said they think that if Trump loses then the Republicans will lose the senate, too. But do they know how the senate works?

That a senate term is 6 years?

That every 2 years 1/3 of the seats come up?

That this year, with the seats they already control plus the seats that are in heavy red states, ie: the dems have no chance, the reps will be at 48 seats. They have 38 not up for election and 10 in no chance dems states. Then are 2 more likely to go red and 3 more that are toss up, favored red.

In other words, they are likely to get, at a minimum 50 seats and just have to win 1 of 3 toss-ups, all of which they are likely to win. It's more likely they get 52 or 53 seats than that they lose the senate this year.

That's not doomerism. Those are the facts.

Doomerism is when I point out that they could get up to 55 seats and it wouldn't be a massive upset. That's just winning what they are probably going to win anyway and getting two of the blue leaning toss-ups.

This is a very bad year for the senate.

The hope is that Biden wins, dems take the house (they will) and the republicans don't gently caress things over too much for the next two years and the Dems retake both houses in 2026.

I got side tracked. Anyway, I often get the feeling that people don't really understand how things work.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol

Stink Billyums fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 25, 2024

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Don’t forget fat, stupid, and ugly

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

explosivo posted:

No, we deserve this other feeble, confused old man as president!

loving GOTTEM

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

neato burrito posted:

:australia:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I feel like every 2 years it's somehow established that the democrats are hosed????? c/d??????

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Look, I appreciate the sentiment here but you've left yourself wide open for a Don't Sign Your Posts that you can ill afford. 4/10, try harder next time and we'll move onto the chapter on Deez.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jokes posted:

I feel like every 2 years it's somehow established that the democrats are hosed????? c/d??????

That's what happens when CA and NY get 4 senate seats but have the population of like like 30 of the smaller red seats combined. True, there are a couple small dem states, but it's nothing in comparison to the BS that is Wyoming.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

That this year, with the seats they already control plus the seats that are in heavy red states, ie: the dems have no chance,

Thankfully this has been no longer true these past 8 years. Republicans have NO safe states anymore.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Did Biden steal the project your weakness on others move from the GOP playbook

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I appreciate the “go straight for the jugular” approach Biden’s team as adopted.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

sharknado slashfic posted:

Did Biden steal the project your weakness on others move from the GOP playbook

I think he was worried people fundamentally would make fun of his last alive druggie son Hunter for having a small dick and he has gone through :aaaaa: and is now realising and easing into his BDE.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Waltzing Along posted:

I often find some of the comments in here surprising. Surprising in that I wonder if the person understands how the US govt works. Elections. How stupid the senate system is. That sort of thing.

Someone said they think that if Trump loses then the Republicans will lose the senate, too. But do they know how the senate works?

That this year, with the seats they already control plus the seats that are in heavy red states, ie: the dems have no chance, the reps will be at 48 seats. They have 38 not up for election and 10 in no chance dems states. Then are 2 more likely to go red and 3 more that are toss up, favored red.

In other words, they are likely to get, at a minimum 50 seats and just have to win 1 of 3 toss-ups, all of which they are likely to win. It's more likely they get 52 or 53 seats than that they lose the senate this year.

Doomerism is when I point out that they could get up to 55 seats and it wouldn't be a massive upset. That's just winning what they are probably going to win anyway and getting two of the blue leaning toss-ups.

The hope is that Biden wins, dems take the house (they will) and the republicans don't gently caress things over too much for the next two years and the Dems retake both houses in 2026.

I got side tracked. Anyway, I often get the feeling that people don't really understand how things work.

I think the Dems have a tough battle, but I don't think it's impossible to win all 3 tossup seats. Flipping Cruz's seat is probably not going to happen but would be really funny.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

nate silver-san coolly explains that "dems already lost the senate because of wyoming" before exploding haljordan's ghost with a single punch

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Data Graham posted:

lmaoooo

I know these winred things aren't written by him or anyone remotely within his orbit but just looll at the idea that we are at a place where they believe "TRUMP TOWER IS MINE!! :byodood: plzzz give me money :shobon:" is the message that will land with their audience, and they may well be right

Just loving LOL that the Trump family is trying to pull off the rich (white) person's equivalent of what the Bundy Clan wished they could've done by hitting the "We rightfully own this and they'll never take it from us!" notes that the Boomers who were waiting for this Ruby Ridge moment, will throw their retirement check at.

I guess it's too bad that Don hates dogs, otherwise they could set up a real sympathy angle. Maybe they can do something with Eric or Tiffany.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

poisonpill posted:

what's going to happen to ya'll's brains if Trump wins the next election and immediately pardons himself

the US becomes BAD unironically, at least until the next election

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

poisonpill posted:

what's going to happen to ya'll's brains if Trump wins the next election and immediately pardons himself

You then get to see the world through my eyes!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Data Graham posted:

just looll at the idea that we are at a place where they believe "TRUMP TOWER IS MINE!! :byodood: plzzz give me money :shobon:" is the message that will land with their audience, and they may well be right

They're not though. We know his small donations have completely flatlined. He's drained that well dry.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

poisonpill posted:

He can’t pardon state charges. Playing the “what if” game is stupid

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

CODChimera posted:

the US becomes BAD unironically, at least until the next election

Uh, you'd make a bad Peter Watts vampire. Present tense, my dude, present.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
cool he got a stay but believe the interest clock is still running at ~$115k/day. Seems like you'd want to stop that clock but what do I know

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

poisonpill posted:

well no matter how much money or power, i would truly never trade any of it for that deranged brain or body.

definitely wouldn't want the fame or infamy either. wife hates you, in court constantly, and every person you encounter for the rest of your life either wants you to die, or wants a photograph?

so to me, 4 years of this poo poo would be just as annoying as it was last time, but living as him would be hell.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Who could have ever imagined that Lowtax banning hentai from these dead, gay forums would directly lead to the financial ruin and imprisonment of Donald Trump?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

kazil posted:

I think the Dems have a tough battle, but I don't think it's impossible to win all 3 tossup seats. Flipping Cruz's seat is probably not going to happen but would be really funny.

If anyone could do it Allred could, he is way more liked in Texas than Beto, and he hasn't promised to take their precious assault rifles. Not saying he will, but I think he has a solid chance.

Also everyone needs to calm the gently caress down. We have already had a plethora of LOLs and more are on the way.

As that freakish gargoyle said: "The best is yet to come."

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, I've been hearing for years that 2024 is a really, really bad year for the senate map for Dems. It's stupid, and its hosed up, and yet....that's how the math and the map comes out.

I do think you're right that most people *don't* understand how these systems work, and most people *don't* get that government is fractured and slow to work by design, and that's exactly why it's so easy for the republican party to make so much hay out of the "see, government doesn't work!" grift because in the end, making the government non-functional is incredibly easy to do. Hell, it's practically built into the design. Change is slow and takes a long time and is almost never what you think it should or will be. Grinding the whole thing to a halt though? Super loving easy.

Anyway, guess I went on a tangent too.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Stoatbringer posted:

Who could have ever imagined that Lowtax banning hentai from these dead, gay forums would directly lead to the financial ruin and imprisonment of Donald Trump?

Caro just got a bunch of money and I am not of the opinion he will spend it wisely.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

cr0y posted:

Trump MAGA Treason Group

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

lmao

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

neato burrito posted:

Imagine a world where Rupert Murdoch never existed... (old BBC Fry and Laurie sketch, parodying It's a Wonderful Life)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xflqt2

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I expect that stock price to crater into the loving ground so fast that it leaves like a outline of DJT in the ground like Wiley Coyote falling off a cliff.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

poisonpill posted:

Euthing fleeing Americans at the border as we have strict quarantine laws about infectious bullshit.
Also Operation Mineshaft but I'm not going into detail about that
Suffice to say, there are contingencies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

:wave: Hello to whoever is working for the Biden Harris HQ twitter while lurking this thread.