Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What's the difference between an IK & a mod?

IK has limited mod powers in one thread. Moderators have more powers and for the whole forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Despite the name, IKs tend to be less stupid than mods.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
you havent met all the idiot kings

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Just Another Lurker posted:

Pretty sure the Cylons had a much better plan than the Tories. :psylon:

In both cases, the "plan" was completely made up, they changed what ideas they did have as a result of press coverage/unplanned illnesses and once they found a snappy soundbite they stuck to it.

So yeah, checks out.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Being a mod of anything on the internet is the surest sign that I’d not get on with you in real life. Like seriously who’d be a MOD on the INTERNET

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Being a mod is just like being a cop except without the getting paid or being able to break the law

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, as mods have historically demonstrated everyone can break the law but I don't think you get substantial extra help doing it as one.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm quite prone to making heated decisions based on my biases and emotions, so I'd be a perfect D&D mod imo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think you would be quite good at ranked PVP posting.

They could make a forum for that, if you win you get to be mod for the next season.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

I'm quite prone to making heated decisions based on my biases and emotions, so I'd be a perfect D&D mod imo.

Wrong! Your decision isn’t ’lick and kiss Joe Biden’s peepee’ and your biases aren’t ’is a stupid prick’.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
tbh i think good mods are the only thing that keeps online communities going long term. but most mods are not, generally.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
WTF?
Wow if true!

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7334077678150061342

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Historically the IK was the 'Idiot King', to smooth out cultural differences between UK threads and the broader forum. Like a yankoid mod might see the word oval office, freak out assuming it's a misogyny and start making dumb probabtions, the Idiot King is there to calm them down.

Still basically a mod but implictly a better mod than the norm.

Jakabite posted:

Wrong! Your decision isn’t ’lick and kiss Joe Biden’s peepee’ and your biases aren’t ’is a stupid prick’.

Are the mods genuinely being weird about Biden? He is better than Trump no?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao where they gonna get their hash from now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Human Being B being terrible does not actually stop Human Being A from being awful just by being worse than A.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
:mad:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
make me an IK and i will do absolutely nothing except enforce threadbans

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Make me an IK, and it will be the last thread that I'll ever be made an IK on... and that's a promise :toot:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i’m really more of an idiot jack if i’m honest

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jakabite posted:

Being a mod of anything on the internet is the surest sign that I’d not get on with you in real life. Like seriously who’d be a MOD on the INTERNET

well I always thought you to be pretty decent so there

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm going to miss Susan when she loses
https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1772709622761046421
:allears:

e: His twitter is here - https://twitter.com/NathanSmithHW

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 27, 2024

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol “patriot”

of loving course

what a knob

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

fuctifino posted:

Hahahahaha ha ha hahahah ahahahhahahaha hahahahah
https://twitter.com/GullisJonathan/status/1772688529400713359

who?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

This guy

https://labourlist.org/2012/10/vote-labour-says-hapless-tory-councillor/

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

lmao, that's really bottom of the barrel poo poo

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

HopperUK posted:

well I always thought you to be pretty decent so there

Ah gently caress, my anti-mod bias (moddism? Am I a moddist??) has caught up someone I like. Solefald and that other mod that always used to post here are okay too.

But they’re just THE GOOD ONES the rest are bad!!!!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

He looks about 12 years old. Imagine being that young and already a tory.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Skulker posted:

Part One:

Skulker posted:

Part Two:

Thanks for posting this, it's a really good article and a fascinating read. Cummings always comes across in these things as an interesting figure - probably more interesting than he actually is. He's clearly far less clever than he thinks he is and an arrogant bully, but he's also one of the few, maybe the only, people on the right in Britain with any kind of critique beyond "taxes and immigration are woke : argh:."

What I think always gets missed out by journalists though is that Cummings' tangible successes are all about short term political game playing to win very specific, narrowly defined battles. When it comes to the actual big ideas stuff he presents himself as championing it's been poo poo; winning the Brexit vote hasn't gotten anywhere near what Cummings claims he wanted, the educational reforms under Gove aren't hailed anywhere as bold successes.

You can kind of see this from his time with Johnson. The most Cummings' thing Johnson did was purge the parliamentary party. This worked great in the short run to win the election and pass a Brexit bill. But stacking the party with ever more extreme versions of standard Tory shameless grifters, extrovert idiots and frothing weirdos - and it's curious that most of the 2019 Tories seem fairly unaligned with Cummings or Johnson except on Brexit - has pushed them even further from Cummings' professed goals.

The article is spot on when it points out Liz Truss wasn't an inexplicable aberration (ditto Cummings when he says this about Brexit), her message of low taxes are thr best ajd only way to growth is fundamentally the same as Sunak, Hunt, Osborne and the vast majority of Tories in the last few decades - and seemingly Rachel Reeves and Starmer too.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

suck my woke dick posted:

lmao, that's really bottom of the barrel poo poo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What causes a child to become a tory? I have a toddler so I need to know to make sure it doesn't happen

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ha ha. There’s a story behind this too

https://x.com/tvtenterhooks/status/1772753972379439315?s=46

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 27, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Any teacher worth respecting would have loving loved that Photoshop. What a dillweed.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
/\/\/\
Any teacher unwilling to print that out and tape it to their door needs to leave education.

Instead of follows not endorsements he should have just written I am a fascist who is also a coward.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

i only bother to dip in and out of politics now but even i instantly recognised the kid from previous tory stunts

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Puntification posted:

Instead of follows not endorsements he should have just written I am a fascist who is also a coward.

But you repeat yourself.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Microplastics posted:

What causes a child to become a tory? I have a toddler so I need to know to make sure it doesn't happen

You can't stop psychopathy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

You can't stop psychopathy.

[Scott Adams staring intently]

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i did chuckle when i saw this but most of the North Korean “news” is nonsense that isn’t actually true because you get $$$ as a defector if you make up the most sensational stuff, so i sadly doubt this is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Jel Shaker posted:

i did chuckle when i saw this but most of the North Korean “news” is nonsense that isn’t actually true because you get $$$ as a defector if you make up the most sensational stuff, so i sadly doubt this is real

The broadcast is real. It's easy for anyone near the boarder to pick it up. So if you have another theory on why they blurred his pants out?

Too sexy maybe