Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Hazo posted:

Elon is push-notifying posts like this, from insane right-wing q conspiracy loons :waycool:

A) delete Twitter
B) why in gods' name do you leave random notifications turned on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yes this is exactly like the civil war, several of my friends and family from texas and virgina have texted me to say that they are honor and duty bound to take up arms in defense their newly independent confederation. its just like when the south had to secede in 1860 because the liberals crashed a merry mac into their monitor.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

mllaneza posted:

I like that they got the easily-checkable fact wrong. The ship did in fact have a harbor pilot aboard.

Untrue. It had two of them.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Untrue. It had two of them.

That makes OP twice as wrong!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Hazo posted:

Elon is push-notifying posts like this, from insane right-wing q conspiracy loons :waycool:

I love how accidents no longer happen.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

mllaneza posted:

I like that they got the easily-checkable fact wrong. The ship did in fact have a harbor pilot aboard.

Yeah, but they were probably black immigrant trans women who took a white man's job because of DEI.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

mllaneza posted:

That’s literally the only correction in the “Readers added context” section

And not, like, literally everything else hilariously crazy and wrong in the post.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Hazo posted:

And not, like, literally everything else hilariously crazy and wrong in the post.

TBF, there's probably a character limit on community notes.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Hazo posted:

but it's true. The US has effectively been cut in twain by this precision attack by singaporean chinamen. It is no longer possible to transport hazmat materials across the Mason-Dixon. Unless you take a detour and use the northern ringway loop. It's 10 miles longer than the now-interrupted southern loop via I-695.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hazo posted:

That’s literally the only correction in the “Readers added context” section

What are you talking about, after the crash since I’m below the mason dixon line I immediately have strong opinions about states rights and that contemptible fool Abraham Lincoln.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mothman was supposed to warn us. That’s his entire loving job and he sucks at it. Just abysmal. I guess get another job you loving winged freak. Nobody wants your bullshit if you can’t pull your own weight.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

mllaneza posted:

Feels like the smart thing would be to just go with “there is zero evidence this was an organized attack,” but maybe they tried that and the weirdos on Twitter gang-downvoted it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

What are you talking about, after the crash since I’m below the mason dixon line I immediately have strong opinions about states rights and that contemptible fool Abraham Lincoln.

you better cool it with that poo poo or we're gonna rip up your railroads and heat up the ties until they are bendable and then twist them into knots around trees so you cant use your trains anymore

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Mothman was supposed to warn us. That’s his entire loving job and he sucks at it. Just abysmal. I guess get another job you loving winged freak. Nobody wants your bullshit if you can’t pull your own weight.

northeasters are always thinking mothman is there to help or harm. no. I have spoken with bigfoot and sinkhole sam and they both know the mothman and say he means us no good, or ill,

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rlm thread realk talk of the day: i never gave mucha poo poo bout fifth element

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

mllaneza posted:

Maybe, but it seems like the smart play would just be to say “there’s zero evidence that this was a planned attack,” but maybe they tried that and the musk trolls gang-downvoted it

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Perhaps this is righteous punishment after how we mocked and disrespected His visage

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hazo posted:

Maybe, but it seems like the smart play would just be to say “there’s zero evidence that this was a planned attack,” but maybe they tried that and the musk trolls gang-downvoted it

Perhaps this is righteous punishment after how we mocked and disrespected His visage

Lmaoooooo

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea we had it coming I take it back.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Earwicker posted:

its just like when the south had to secede in 1860 because the liberals crashed a merry mac into their monitor.

Look at how merry this loving mac is. Only so merry because the libtard compucucks are snorting fresh raw adrenochrome! WOKE!!!!!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Name the new bridge the Francis Sobotka Bridge

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This poo poo doesn't happen in the suburbs. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This poo poo doesn't happen in the suburbs. :colbert:

Try that in a small town

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Kevyn posted:

Name the new bridge the Francis Sobotka Bridge

every time you drive over it you look out over the harbor and you just can't loving believe what the gently caress you're seeing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

This poo poo is crazy. People are crazy. Social media was a mistake.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Medullah posted:

lol I made the mistake of opening Facebook for the first time in like 6 years and the first post was some dumb gently caress I used to work with complaining that his cruise was being canceled or changed and he said they should just send in a ship to “plow over all the bridge debris and clear a path” and that Biden was to much of a bitch to do it and Trump would have had the harbor open yesterday.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Medullah posted:

Not only was social media a mistake that's making people crazy, but I think it's actually getting worse as the algorithms get more effective.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Another Bill posted:

Not only was social media a mistake that's making people crazy, but I think it's actually getting worse as the algorithms get more effective.

Eh, the reality is these people were always this crazy, social media just creates an echo chamber for them.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

... that makes people crazy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i hadn’t heard about “fbi guy”s involvement, that was the last piece of the puzzle. i’m a key bridge truther now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CommieGIR posted:

Eh, the reality is these people were always this crazy, social media just creates an echo chamber for them.

Mobs don't become a mob until you get them together.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

cumpantry posted:

... that makes people crazier

Ftfy

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

well yes, but thats eactly what spread this poo poo. giving people with paranoid conspiratorial beliefs a community full of people telling them their beliefs are correct and that they are finally hearing "the truth" is exactly what leads to destabilizing events like jan6 and the militia movement the various shootings by paranoid assholes in the last many years and whatever is going to happen next time

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

frumpykvetchbot posted:

the bridge pillars was made from the flimsiest pronouns you can imagine.
I-beams

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 27, 2024

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Earwicker posted:

well yes, but thats eactly what spread this poo poo. giving people with paranoid conspiratorial beliefs a community full of people telling them their beliefs are correct and that they are finally hearing "the truth" is exactly what leads to destabilizing events like jan6 and the militia movement the various shootings by paranoid assholes in the last many years and whatever is going to happen next time

Don’t u understand that Joe Budden did 3/26

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Mobs don't become a mob until you get them together.

I don't know how I'd been on the Internet for this long without fitting in that puzzle piece. It's just mobs forming, on a bigger scale, but at a slower speed. Seems obvious now.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cruft posted:

I don't know how I'd been on the Internet for this long without fitting in that puzzle piece. It's just mobs forming, on a bigger scale, but at a slower speed. Seems obvious now.

slower? if anything the internet has massively sped up the formation of all kinds of mobs as well as greatly increased the number of reasons they form in the first place. like when people first discovered that the internet could be used to quickly summon huge mobs they would happen for no reason other than just for the hell of it and people thought it was just a goofy meme thing

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Bad Purchase posted:

i’m a key bridge truther now.

I think Ke Huy Quan is involved somehow but I'm not really sure about it. You might say I'm a low-key Ke Key Bridge truther.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

frumpykvetchbot posted:

the bridge pillars was made from the flimsiest pronouns you can imagine.

:lol:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Don’t u understand that Joe Budden did 3/26

Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

9/11= 3/26

6+3 = 9
9+2 =11
Therefore 3/26 = 9/11

Or to look at it another way:

2+3= 5
5+6= 11
11-2= 9
Therefore once again 3/26 = 9/11

So if you think about it, Bill Clinton, Barack HUSSEIN OSAMA and Joe Biden are responsible for both 9/11 AND 3/26

Alex Jones, if you're reading this, send me a PM, I got the REAL truth about this.

Send me a PM before the DEA decides to name this bridhge after Kamala Harris and the bud light trans influencer.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

are we absolutely sure there weren’t a bunch of cryptic messages being sent back and forth between phones registered in greece and burners in the hours preceding this accident