Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Just like you were there for the people of Hawaii and East Palestine (not to mention Palestine in the Middle East).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

looks like some ai poo poo

https://twitter.com/AnimatedSbd/status/1428036871674683396

here's a thread for you i'm not venturing past the first post

wait if this is about a school thing why is he talking about bussy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol at the "why are there so many" question

some blinky-the-three-eyed-fish poo poo going on here

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

saint patrick isn't even irish, gently caress him

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Really burying the lede here focusing on the tax assessment when the real story is the money laundering via someone vastly overpaying him for the property and then selling it at a huge loss.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

looks like some ai poo poo

https://twitter.com/AnimatedSbd/status/1428036871674683396

here's a thread for you i'm not venturing past the first post

What the...?

https://twitter.com/wokbonds/status/1428189562904354816

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh. it's dumb forums-invasion stuff for centrists without any real ideas behind it

yawn

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Plank Walker posted:

i am not a tax knower, but i think selling at a higher than assessed rate has you paying more in taxes anyway since the difference is capital gains or something, which is usually higher than the property tax rate

No. Capital gains is based on the difference between what you paid and what you sell for. Assessed value is what the property is valued at for property tax purposes. I don’t know how it works in NY but where I live it’s capped at some very low maximum increase every year unless you do major renovations, so it’s very common to see $800k houses with assessed values of $150k. But if you bought that house for $500k and sold for $800k the capital gains would be looking at the $300k difference and not the $650k difference

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Thoguh posted:

Really burying the lede here focusing on the tax assessment when the real story is the money laundering via someone vastly overpaying him for the property and then selling it at a huge loss.

This house had Keith Hernandez car levels of intrinsic value. Stewart mojo has no pricetag.

She must have used the wrong solvent and washed it out.

I zillowed 5 units at that address and ... she sold at a bad time.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/161-Hudson-St-New-York-NY-10013/69523995_zpid/

one just sold w/ less sq footage for 15 mil. Tons of others going for 5+ mil with 2k sq feet. She overpaid but ... not by 10x, maybe 30%?

Sanlav has issued a correction as of 15:37 on Mar 28, 2024

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

the school bond dogs are in fact a cult

yeah i was gonna say lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

there’s a universe where Al Gore didn’t pick Lieberman (because Clinton’s infidelity didn’t happen or wasn’t reported) and went on to win in 2000 and we never got an Obama or Trump presidency

still had the long slow death of the empire due to neoliberalism because, c’mon it’s Gore, so hard to say which is better

wait why would al gore pick joe lieberman as his running mate just because his boss was a philanderer

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

In A Failing Grade for the Present Tense William Gass says the flattening of style started in the 70’s when deep throat and watergate convinced everyone that journalism was noble. College english courses retooled themselves to crank out journalists because suddenly that was what students wanted to be. So since then everyone’s just been trained to be a stenographer and not comment on or have an inner life or anything more than events and quotes.

this makes me feel a little better about my novel no one wants to read since my favorite part of writing it is using the shifts of third person perspective to illustrate how the perception of character interactions differs dramatically based on who the current main character is even if every character is effectively a main character based on their pagetime and overall contribution to the story

i mean its probably still terrible because its about how terrorism is good and techbros have to be tricked into doing anything slightly useful but i dont think anyone ive ever sent it to gets far enough in to figure out the themes

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i refer you to the 2000 presidential debates whose foreign policy sections were all "who can say they will overthrow saddam harder than the other guy"

oh al gore didnt mean any of that he was just pretending to love war to get right wingers to vote for him

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

I meant more like the rushes of certain community to claim that American white people have no culture beyond Applebee's, unlike them, who've also lived in America their entire life, who have this supposedly rich culture that... is also Applebee's. It just feels like a bum fight of people claiming to have cultural superiority spare the actual first gen immigrants who all have this love for America that I frankly envy.

have u ever read mexikid stories by pedro martin currently being serialized on gocomics

i think youd find it very interesting

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

hello old friend

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

they sure do have a difficult time being funny

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

someone alert that “things Biden has done” Twitter account, he has Done a thing

https://x.com/potus/status/1773126622427681046?s=46

i dont understand what this actually does

are they going to put up more history placards for sacagawea or something

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

theCalamity posted:

drat, missed YA book chat. Would've put Animorphs out there is being good

thinking about that tv tropes guy who was really adamant about the animorphs books being true art and how much the world has changed since then that this no longer sounds like a crazy opinion

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

Are you against women's history or something :toughguy:

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

loquacius posted:

Are you against women's history or something :toughguy:

excuse me it's called HIStory not HERstory

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i completely missed that the dont ask dont tell repeal is something were supposed to think of as a progressive accomplishment of the democratic party now and not something they were bullied into doing by the log cabin republicans of all people because they were about to get the courts to declare it unconstitutional

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Maed posted:

excuse me it's called HIStory not HERstory

that word made me very mad as an 11-year-old lol

my sixth-grade teacher did a herstory thing for women's history month and I was like "excuse me I do not think that is the correct etymology :goonsay:"

then as a 14- or 15-year-old I learned Latin and felt completely vindicated

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

19 million people. Jesus christ, the democrats are monsters

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Really this was the best thing to come out of that mess

The down side of being 7 years behind on YouTube is that I'm just now getting into Lindsay Ellis lol

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm sure that the people who got us the Alice Dunnigan and Ethel Payne Lectern in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room in the White House are going to do an excellent job honoring the achievements of women throughout our national parks

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

does? vibes don't don't do things.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that will do it for sure the 20+ million people are just jumping at enrolling in a lovely private healthcare plan

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

democracy is on the ballot
https://twitter.com/dylanotes/status/1772966365256704082

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Luckily for israel the actions of american government are completely disconnected from what the voters want

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

I can’t believe the leftists have done this

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I know I’m too late for the JKRowling vs Eichiro Oda chat, but I do want to point out that when Rowling fount out about trans people she made it her life’s work to destroy them, but when Oda found out about trans people he casually introduced two fantastic trans characters to the cast.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

in the gallup poll, only 18% of democrats support israel's bombings

29% of independents

biden is supporting the bombings against his party's majority, and trump is calling for an end to the bombings against his party's majority

lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

no but they'll form a commission to have meetings about maybe doing so at some point in the future

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Okay fine I'll write in DEMOCRACY

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm writing in Robert Mueller and the Rule of Law

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Gripweed posted:

I know I’m too late for the JKRowling vs Eichiro Oda chat, but I do want to point out that when Rowling fount out about trans people she made it her life’s work to destroy them, but when Oda found out about trans people he casually introduced two fantastic trans characters to the cast.

And KA Applegate supports her trans kid! (Can't speak to any of the ghostwriters though.)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/embernic/status/1773069759996719277?t=65UpGGdaFCzbw3IZ5PY4tg&s=19

???

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

I just saw an ad on TV for a service that makes your rent payments count towards your credit score. No idea how it works

there's been a push for a while to have utility payments and/or rent count toward credit scores; there may have even been legislation as to the former.

it's targeted toward those who might not carry credit, young people starting out, and those rebuilding their credit after bankruptcy.

a service like the one you saw on tv is prolly like a secured credit-card dealio, in which they pay your rent & you pay them instead of paying rent directly.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

This is gonna be the most militarized event since trump marched out his bible among BLM protestors & I'm betting there's no way they can get within 4 blocks.

quote:

Big-ticket attendees will also have their picture taken with the three presidents by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz.

American voters will have to shell out $25 to watch the fundraiser extravaganza virtually as it will not be televised.

Someone lmk if you find a pirate stream to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

She’s right. Badly behaved men are the result of lazy girlfriends.