Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

PawParole posted:

The idea that Egypt moved air defenses & armored forces etc etc & pulled back the counter insurgency troops of the interior ministry should’ve made it obvious who their plans are targeted against. They have multiple FOBS on the border with flattened land (so obviously not refugee camps). Being a Doomer makes you stupid, if Israel attacks rafah then Egypt will declare war, it’s Ramadan so I won’t toxx or bet anything but you guys can mock me until the end of time.

Holy gently caress, it has nothing to do with being a doomer.
Egypt literally controls the Rafah crossing. Whatever aid can or cannot get in, and whoever can, or cannot get out is enforced by Egypt. Because of Egypt's treaty with Israel, Israel has to approve stuff there, but ultimately it is controlled by Egypt.

The idea that Egypt is going to go from enforcing Israel's will in the Rafah crossing (contributing to the starvation of the population) to actually invading Israel is ridiculous, and this isn't doomerism, it is basic pattern recognition. Whatever troops are being built up there are to prevent the fighting to spill over to Egypt, not to attack Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Zodium posted:

can you explain what this post means

oh I should've kept reading

That post means the calm Hitlers are becoming less and less calm.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

PawParole posted:

The idea that Egypt moved air defenses & armored forces etc etc & pulled back the counter insurgency troops of the interior ministry should’ve made it obvious who their plans are targeted against. They have multiple FOBS on the border with flattened land (so obviously not refugee camps). Being a Doomer makes you stupid, if Israel attacks rafah then Egypt will declare war, it’s Ramadan so I won’t toxx or bet anything but you guys can mock me until the end of time.

huh

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

I loving wish

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

fizziester posted:

got confused because the quote was altered and didn't make sense anymore

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:gas:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

fizziester posted:

The Hitlers are stirring

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Slavvy posted:

The Hitlers are stirring

https://twitter.com/derJamesJackson/status/1772929438205759982?s=20

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Sancho Banana posted:

Obviously the point of these red cows is to eventually sacrifice one and rebuild the temple and so on, I was just saying the image doesn't list a date or explicit plans to do it soon.

The image might not but their website says they cannot acquire the cows until they are old enough to be sacrificed. Apparently the correct day is April 10. Now maybe they are just going to hang on to these 5 cows but probably they will try and sacrifice one.

KomradeX posted:

So whats the significance of the red cow?

I think it's originally for a purification ritual so you can do something like approach the holiest of holys. According to the cow guys only 9 cows have been done before for this. This one though is required to rebuild the temple, which used to be where Al Aqsa mosque is now. Al Aqsa is one of Islam's holiest sites.

RoboBoogie posted:

gently caress Israel and gently caress zionists.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

holocaust 2: holocaustr

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

They just can't help themselves, even after 80 years...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Clip-On Fedora posted:

That looks like a brown cow to me

how now?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you may say worrying trend, but i prefer to call it a plan with a proven track record which delivers results

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

The biggest, whiniest brats in the world

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Zodium posted:

can you explain what this post means

oh I should've kept reading

Some weirdo in the I/P thread was freaking out because Quantum Cat posted a tiktok and I thought it was funny, but it seems like I only managed to confuse the mods.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

calling everything antisemitism has backfired and now all that soft power they had with targeted antisemitism accusations has complete evaporated

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Every time I see these vids I am amazed the spox people don’t just quit. Imagine working really hard to get a position like this only to become the face of genocide denialism. I would quit immediately instead of doing that. Deeply evil people.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Going to respectfully push back against the notion that putting energy into career climbing in politics is the same thing as doing work

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Raccooon posted:

Every time I see these vids I am amazed the spox people don’t just quit. Imagine working really hard to get a position like this only to become the face of genocide denialism. I would quit immediately instead of doing that. Deeply evil people.

i don't click on the vids anymore because i already saw enough that i know they're all the same but it really is funny how he's smiling on every single one of these thumbnails lmao

just the happiest, most amused mass murderer

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Raccooon posted:

this is a stepping stone for them, if they do this, what won’t they do?

that’s appealing to a lot of psychopaths

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Owlbear Camus posted:

genetically modified red cow to bring about the third temple and messiah in israel? 90s airport novel plot rear end geopolitical developments

Indiana Shlomo and the Temple of the Red Cow

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Truga posted:

i don't click on the vids anymore because i already saw enough that i know they're all the same but it really is funny how he's smiling on every single one of these thumbnails lmao

just the happiest, most amused mass murderer

Yeah I don't know whether it's more or less disturbing than the pentagon ghoul woman who shows no emotion whatsoever but it makes me more angry at him so I try not to watch

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

KomradeX posted:

So whats the significance of the red cow?

strawberry milk

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

https://twitter.com/WoodlouseM/status/1773328894076064210

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Miller belongs in a prison at the Hague

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the un's site for searching votes and resolutions sucks so much rear end

https://digitallibrary.un.org

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Third World Reagan posted:

the un's site for searching votes and resolutions sucks so much rear end

https://digitallibrary.un.org
their website is also very slow in general. wonder if this benefits anyone?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/ntyyst/status/1773103984166818103

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Raccooon posted:

Someone in this thread compared Miller to a lovely Daily Show correspondent and that image just sticks with me.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Holly smokes the dslp sound like a party from some bad YA dystopian future novel. Guess I’ve got a fun rabbit hole to go down today.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

PawParole posted:

I'll be devils advocate: someone in the Egyptian military knows letting Rafah get genocided is probably a way to get Colonels couped

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

homonationalism

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Raccooon posted:

If they were capable of thinking like that, they wouldn't be in that position. Same deal as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLcpcytUnWU

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Raccooon posted:

I was watching one of his videos like a month ago and thinking something similar when it clicked. You (and I) would never get his job by the very fact that you had this thought. You (and probably everyone in this thread) wouldn’t even get the job that led to another job that led to a job of being considered for Miller’s position. The ladders that these kinds of people gleefully climb are designed to remove people with any form of conscience like 5 rungs below this ghoul. The people doing his kind of work will happily smile through a literal genocide because by this point there is nothing on earth that would trouble them. It’s like how through selective breeding you can turn a wolf into a chihuahua.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No Egrets posted:

I was watching one of his videos like a month ago and thinking something similar when it clicked. You (and I) would never get his job by the very fact that you had this thought. You (and probably everyone in this thread) wouldn’t even get the job that led to another job that led to a job of being considered for Miller’s position. The ladders that these kinds of people gleefully climb are designed to remove people with any form of conscience like 5 rungs below this ghoul. The people doing his kind of work will happily smile through a literal genocide because by this point there is nothing on earth that would trouble them. It’s like how through selective breeding you can turn a wolf into a chihuahua.

Not only do I suspect you're correct but I think the same is true of being in a position of power in congress. To climb over enough backs to have that kind of power precludes having any sort of conscience at all, which is why you see the politics surrounding Gaza that you do. None of them give a gently caress.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I'm a big proponent that liberal meritocracy, especially as expressed in the US, selects for sociopaths and trains people into sociopathy. Seems pretty straightforward tbh.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I know one of the speechwriters for DND, and they're the most squishy, bodies and spaces, MA in English, person you could ever meet, until it's time to write a speech about bombing Libya and then it's bone chilling.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Well gently caress, actual gay soy nazis

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I know one of the speechwriters for DND, and they're the most squishy, bodies and spaces, MA in English, person you could ever meet, until it's time to write a speech about bombing Libya and then it's bone chilling.

what's their username?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

what's their username?

They keep changing it but it always has the same initials