Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

super gameboy ftw

Gameboy advance is by far my favorite portable system of all time. I even modded my original one to install a backlight with a dimmer switch and goddamn I loved that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The SNES version of Taz-Mania is a weird kinda cheap pretty bad pseudo-3D game where you run down an endless highway eating birds and it's weirdly hypnotic

You have a tiny chance of encountering the Road Runner and eating him for a ton of points

Orbs posted:

lol, stockholm syndrome isn't real friend.

sunk cost fallacy then, hmm yes three hours into a guy talking at the camera, I must have a good reason for doing this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there were a bunch of independence day action figures that came with computer games, i remember playing some of them and like not really understanding at all what i was supposed to do but nevertheless having a blast inhabiting the world of that movie.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

lobster shirt posted:

there were a bunch of independence day action figures that came with computer games, i remember playing some of them and like not really understanding at all what i was supposed to do but nevertheless having a blast inhabiting the world of that movie.

Do you have Randy Quaid? I will trade you my Will Smith for your Randy Quaid.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

lobster shirt posted:

i remember these but i didnt have a computer so i held onto it until the day i got a computer so i could finally play it but the PC didnt have a floppy dis reader so i never played it lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Al! posted:

i "played" a lot of this "game"

oh my god man, my brother and I were in a CompUSA in the 90s--I wanted to buy The Depths of Doom Trilogy, as we only had the shareware version of Doom 1 like everybody else I knew, our Doom 2 copy was a lovely :filez: copy from one of my dad's friends that was completely unreliable to install so we wanted a real version for the longest time, and the Master Levels was just more Doom

my brother, however, really wanted Virtual Springfield, which was puzzling because we were both deep into games at the time

my dad has us flip a coin, my brother calls heads, and wins

still holding on to that gamer grudge to this day

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I'm super real.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The SNES version of Taz-Mania is a weird kinda cheap pretty bad pseudo-3D game where you run down an endless highway eating birds and it's weirdly hypnotic

You have a tiny chance of encountering the Road Runner and eating him for a ton of points

sunk cost fallacy then, hmm yes three hours into a guy talking at the camera, I must have a good reason for doing this
Okay. Be careful though, keep slinging around debate bro terms like this and you will start sounding like a youtuber essay guy yourself.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Do you have Randy Quaid? I will trade you my Will Smith for your Randy Quaid.

i think kmy favorite was the big alien

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Good soup! posted:

still holding on to that gamer grudge to this day

RIP and torn

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

super gameboy ftw

finding one of these at a yard sale for something absurd like $10-15 when they were still relatively new was, however, one my brother's shining gamer achievements

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I found the Chris Houlihan room as a kid by the way. There's less of a chance of people believing that than they did the biggest forums lies but it is true.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Orbs posted:

I'm super real.

Okay. Be careful though, keep slinging around debate bro terms like this and you will start sounding like a youtuber essay guy yourself.

???

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I found the Chris Houlihan room as a kid by the way. There's less of a chance of people believing that than they did the biggest forums lies but it is true.

there definitely a few ways to force a trigger i could see a kid stumbling into, mostly stuff like dashing around everywhere from a reset and entering the right transition in time

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Did you have someone tell you how to find it because iirc it was nearly impossible to get to unless you had a guide of some sort.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the one i always used to use when i would replay is like, you start from the sanctuary and beeline the old mans cave in death mountain or something like that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i found out theres a conspiracy theory that chris houlihan wasnt real because no one won the contest so nintendo made up a fake name and put it there to make it seem like someone won the contest... (x-files theme song )

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
phil won the contest

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
If it's confusing to you, you can always go back and re-read, more slowly if you have to.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Violen posted:

phil won the contest

if anyone would stumble on warmech and get killed on turn one it would have been phil

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i found out theres a conspiracy theory that chris houlihan wasnt real because no one won the contest so nintendo made up a fake name and put it there to make it seem like someone won the contest... (x-files theme song )

The one I heard when I was a young’un was that the kid died so they hid it out of respect (no that doesn’t make sense). Iirc what really happened was the kid won a Nintendo Power contest to be in another game but they ran out of development time (can’t remember which game) and they stuck him in Link to the Past

Eh, I was close:

https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Chris_Houlihan

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Jose posted:

remember when you queued up 20+ bans for trolling the gip cop thread which is how people learned the ban counter is for queued bans rather than approved ones

this is just good QA imho

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nintendo lied, chris died

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Violen posted:

there definitely a few ways to force a trigger i could see a kid stumbling into, mostly stuff like dashing around everywhere from a reset and entering the right transition in time

Best I remember was I was dashing around near the castle and tripping a bomb that was in a bush I think? I fell into the hole where your uncle gets owned at the start.

Ever since then I'd always anticipate seeing it every time I fell down that hole. But I never did. Thus my once joyous expression has turned desolate, and my heart, so wretched

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Orbs posted:

Video essays are good. I am watching one right now. Ya'll should try one on a topic that interests you some time.

pretty sure they're only good if someone gets owned

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
RIP Link’s pudgy mustachioed uncle who got killed by rats(?) despite the fact that he had a goddamned sword. Dude made it like 10 feet into the easiest dungeon in the game

Also lol that whatever mortally wounded him just left him there to expire instead of just eating him or w/e. Just couldn’t be bothered

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have a very vivid memory of renting Pokemon Stadium, getting extremely sick like the next day, and when I went to the thing that lets you play the gameboy game on the TV screen, I violently poo poo myself

Can't remember my work password half the time but I can remember in great detail every time I poo poo myself while playing Pokemon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Danaru posted:

I have a very vivid memory of renting Pokemon Stadium, getting extremely sick like the next day, and when I went to the thing that lets you play the gameboy game on the TV screen, I violently poo poo myself

Can't remember my work password half the time but I can remember in great detail every time I poo poo myself while playing Pokemon

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I also got super sick when I rented Pokemon Stadium 2, but not pants making GBS threads sick that time. gently caress those games

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Danaru posted:

Did you post that anecdote on that "Bad Nintendo Experiences" website that was like 90% kids losing bladder or bowel control

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Huh, I've never shat myself while playing Pokémon. Skill issue on my part then

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017703

Thanks, Imp Zone Goldmine

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Danaru posted:

bit distressed by the use of 'every' instead of 'the'

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

RIP Link’s pudgy mustachioed uncle who got killed by rats(?) despite the fact that he had a goddamned sword. Dude made it like 10 feet into the easiest dungeon in the game

yeah because he cleared it for you, show some respect

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its okay links uncle was wished back to life with the triforce so none of that happened

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Orbs posted:

If it's confusing to you, you can always go back and re-read, more slowly if you have to.

It wasn't confusing, it's just really really dumb.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah because he cleared it for you, show some respect

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its okay links uncle was wished back to life with the triforce so none of that happened

Kinda funny that the Zelda timeline might actually make sense considering there are literal history altering macguffins involved even before there was actual time travel and LttP is probably not the only one of the games that never actually happened

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

who cares about zelda timelines

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

booting up links awakening: aw poo poo my boat crashed, time to look around this island and wake up a fish i guess

booting up breath of the wild: aw poo poo i was soooo sleepy, time to look around this island and wake up a bitch i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

who gives a poo poo what other games were about