Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Justin Tyme posted:

Every time I make butter chicken at home I have an intrusive thought... What if I dump in a bunch of penne?

Do it who gives a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Jel Shaker posted:

what if the reason is they are lazy slobs

Awfully ableist towards America's poor and downtrodden lazy slobs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

These people would melt down screaming and crying into a nervous breakdown if they had to deal with an actual, real disability for a month.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Just take anti histamines they will defeat your cold pizza

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

They add sugar to canned tomatoes unless you're going out of your way to buy no sugar added, and there's about the same amount of sugar in two cans of crushed tomatoes as there is in a jar of classico marinara.

There's no easy way to sidestep food additives other than making it all yourself

I am continually angered that I can't find sugar-free cranberry juice or ketchup. Even "sugar-free"/no-sugar-added varieties either have like Stevia mixed into it, or apple puree.

Yes, I know I can make my own ketchup.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mustached Demon posted:

Do it who gives a poo poo

Me, the pasta police.

Putting pasta in a butter chicken? That's a ticket

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

the popes toes posted:

Ending up with old partial jars of sauce in the fridge is dumb so mostly I just skip the sauce and butter the spagetti. Maybe toss in some brocolli, a pinch of parsley and way too much fresh parmesan

just make a big batch that uses the whole jar, sheesh

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

what if the reason is they are lazy slobs

It’s not their job to justify their existence to you. Serve them

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Microplastics posted:

Me, the pasta police.

You're a cop? gently caress you

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

this is what Turks do to pasta

there are a lot of recipes online for pasta with ketchup and mayonnaise!

hosed up

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

Every time I make butter chicken at home I have an intrusive thought... What if I dump in a bunch of penne?

wasn’t that the main recipe style of that juicero type cooking thing what was supposed to automate whole meals but just did it really shittily and for one person only

essentially make a slurry and then chucked in carbs, job done

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A lot of rear end in a top hat ableist itt that don’t understand the only people who need to justify their existence are people who are desperate to eke together enough money to survive by working as gig workers

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. histamine sensitive disabled doordash customers will be left behind if they dont adapt

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Microplastics posted:

Me, the pasta police.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Data won't confirm until we get the March reading, but this is not good so far. March will be higher due to energy costs

Underlying inflation lol

purestrain inflation

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

scary ghost dog posted:

you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. histamine sensitive disabled doordash customers will be left behind if they dont adapt

there's histamine in the water

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

mawarannahr posted:

this is what Turks do to pasta

there are a lot of recipes online for pasta with ketchup and mayonnaise!

is it eaten cold like an american "pasta salad" or hot like a pasta with normal sauce

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Justin Tyme posted:

You start an Indo-Italian fusion restaurant called Mumbraciole

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Relying only on established pasta gluttons for news about the hosed up economy in these uncertain times.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

PoundSand posted:

is it eaten cold like an american "pasta salad" or hot like a pasta with normal sauce
that recipe, the pasta is first browned like pilaf, then cooked normally and served hot with ketchup and mayo. optionally you may use knorr bullion instead of salt in the pasta water for added taste.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

wasn’t that the main recipe style of that juicero type cooking thing what was supposed to automate whole meals but just did it really shittily and for one person only

essentially make a slurry and then chucked in carbs, job done

Makes sense, it's like the most primitive and guaranteed way to make a one pot slop that tastes good

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I wouldn't want to eat that but it's not significantly more offensive than eating, say, plain buttered noodles.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
That's called Noodles Jefferson and it's our loving heritage you chud

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Maybe you should try buttering the, freaking economy!!!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Retromancer posted:

I wouldn't want to eat that but it's not significantly more offensive than eating, say, plain buttered noodles.

the worst thing i ever made, when I was young and had few ingredients on hand and it was midnight, was pasta with boiled lentils and sriracha on top. and, yes, mayonnaise, the only thing with any fat that i had.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The Treats must flow

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

err posted:

Cereal is the biggest scam now. I just get some oats from winco now.

Things were real poo poo around here before the Winco opened. Safeway is the absolute worst and their milk goes bad overnight.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'm gonna fly to Italy and tell my nonna she's a loving slob for using jarred pasta sauce

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Honestly it’s ableist as gently caress to expect people to do things they don’t want to in general. They have a reason. They don’t have to justify it

wrong. everyone should feel bad about their choices basically all of the time.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Casey Finnigan posted:

I'm gonna fly to Italy and tell my nonna she's a loving slob for using jarred pasta sauce

You're gonna trigger the Italian posters repressed childhood memory of accidentally walking past the black curtains into the jarred pasta section of their local grocery store

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

A lot of rear end in a top hat ableist itt that don’t understand the only people who need to justify their existence are people who are desperate to eke together enough money to survive by working as gig workers

and thats why its important to berate them and remove the tip from your order when they mess up your starbies brekkie sando order. so they learn to do better next time.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
My gut tells me this guy tips everyone like poo poo

https://twitter.com/JoeyMannarinoUS/status/1773364973042884911

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DaysBefore posted:

The Treats must flow

yep. also it’s ableist to ask for workers to get paid fairly for treats

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Honestly it’s ableist as gently caress to expect people to do things they don’t want to in general. They have a reason. They don’t have to justify it

that’s right

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Inflation is transitory again. Why are they pushing this narrative now (again)?

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1773701088560005135

"inflation is transitory! inflation is transitory!!", i insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

You can't possibly be pro tipping on these I disbelieve

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

The337th posted:

The personal savings rate is at lows not seen since the Great Recession.

Meanwhile, consumer spending (esp, on sauce) remains strong.

YOLO!

lmbo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/03/29/consumer-spending-savings-yolo-us/

quote:

The 28-year-old writer leaves her Dallas apartment every chance she gets: To see Beyoncé in Atlanta, Usher in Chicago and for girls’ trips in Jamaica and Mexico. When a favorite artist announces new tour dates, Vinson starts rallying friends and snapping up tickets, flights and hotel rooms for their next hurrah.

quote:

A tourist is dressed up for a private photo shoot in St. Mark's Square in Venice in February.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

the worst thing i ever made, when I was young and had few ingredients on hand and it was midnight, was pasta with boiled lentils and sriracha on top. and, yes, mayonnaise, the only thing with any fat that i had.

Sounds like you failed to get absolutely poo poo-faced first, skill issue

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

You can't possibly be pro tipping on these I disbelieve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gey1PzOjtM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm sorry are they trying to say that every 6th person on this earth is unable to eat their refrigerated lunch leftovers for dinner because their body will shut down? People really do just be sayin' poo poo lmao

Edit:

SKULL.GIF posted:

I am continually angered that I can't find sugar-free cranberry juice or ketchup. Even "sugar-free"/no-sugar-added varieties either have like Stevia mixed into it, or apple puree.

Yes, I know I can make my own ketchup.

Wife and I couldn't find mayonnaise that wasn't primarily soy based, because that's the cheap way to make it so that's all that gets made, and too much soy turns my guts into a cement mixer for some reason (I miss tofu), so we figured we'd look up how to make our own.

Turns out it's absurdly easy, like stupidly easy, and it tastes way better, so now we just make our own and keep it in a mason jar in the fridge. It is also laughably cheaper than buying a, what is it now, like $9 jar of soybean oil sugar goop? It costs one egg, a little bit of your preferred oil (avocado is nice and neutral) and a splash of mustard and vinegar. We also make our own all purpose vinegar from fruit scraps because we had nothing to do but learn fermentation over lockdown lol

SlimGoodbody has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Mar 29, 2024