Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Zodium posted:

podcast listeners have brain damage

Didn't know you listened to podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Orange Devil posted:

Well you can prove anything with facts.

If you're a liberal, the first order of business is to not know anything about how any of this, or indeed anything, actually works. The second is to believe what your leaders say. So it just was unintentional because they said so. They "did" an "airstrike" ok? That's a *thing* you *do*. Not a handy descriptor of a series of actions that must be deliberately taken in a specific order with a specific intent to cause a desired outcome. And the airstrike killed some people they say they didn't want to kill ok? So that basically proves it was unintentional. But airstrikes kill people, that's how they work. And this time it just happened to be the wrong people. In a big complicated warzone. So really it's just a small mistake in a very chaotic situation, very understandable.

I understand what you’re saying, but people understand process, right?

If this was a mistake, doesn’t it seem strange that it happened at the point of ordinance not only leaving the aircraft, but impacting the correct target, detonating, good effect on target? As opposed to any of the previous, meticulously planned, and successfully executed, steps where mistakes might have happened instead? What I mean is, in how many processes that were fundamentally done by mistake, are every one of the preceding steps done correctly? (Whose success belies that this was a mistake at all, remember.)

I feel like I have planning brain so maybe I’m not relating this well, but the planning cycle is so much loving work, that I struggle to see how people can imagine the cloud cover for that day was worked out correctly while the OIC overlooks “oops this is the wrong target” “oops this target violates the LOAC, which I had to consult at four times at various steps throughout planning, the ordnance officer had to consult when he placed the blast templates on the map, and which were reviewed in detail when the plan was sent to a JAG at Wing? Otherwise the plane doesn’t take off, but I forgot. Sowwy 🥺”

This was a mistake, but it came after clearing the hurdles that scratch missions? If you look at data for aborts, or scratched missions, usually if a mistake happens, the aircraft doesn’t even take off, let alone release weapons.

Take the meteorological section: here there was no mistake getting the weather report for the day. There was no mistake in the cloud cover briefing where the target point was obscured by clouds, fog, dust or smoke. Let’s assume that an sortie that takes off, completes the flight to the weapons release point, and can observe and fire on the target is one where every part of the meteorological section’s work was correct. What were they preparing the weather reports for if not to strike this target? Do you follow? They blow the weather, the aircraft never takes off, the aid workers live. They gently caress up their visibility information, the aid workers are never fired on, they live. So we can see that one of the more difficult elements of strike planning succeeded, but the whole mission was an error? The simple decision to fire or not fire on an identified target? Does that follow?

The point of failure is somehow always at the “consequences” step (not even BDA, good effect on target). So all of the more difficult, more up to chance, parts went off without a hitch. The aircraft didn’t fly into terrain due to poor flight planning, ATC, pilot error, bird strike. Those mistakes require far less to go right, in sequence, than “released weapons on designated target but ??? good effect on target”.

Idk it’s a flow chart thing, and what I’m saying is it’s suspicious if you say someone successfully planned and executed everything up to the point where they’re claiming “pobody’s nerfect” and “we all get imposter syndrome at work sometimes”.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Apr 2, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Jeremy Corbyn is now on Aljazeera, he's been showing up quite a bit on their evening commentary to give his thoughts and analysis.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Dreylad posted:

when the gbs ukraine thread got shut down the cspam took wayward posters with open arms and it was actually good except for one goon who went full lusting for russian civilian deaths

Yup, all dnd posters may make one post in here free and clear of IK interference. Hell, maybe even more if we feel generous :)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Chef Jose Andres finally came out with a statement, it's stronger than I expected out of him

===========

‎World Cuisine: Israel must stop its "indiscriminate crimes"‎
‎The founder of the World Central Kitchen Organization, Spanish chef José Andrés, called on the international community to "stop Israel's indiscriminate crimes."‎

‎Andres said they were mourning the deaths of seven World Kitchen employees.‎

‎He stressed that the Israeli government must stop restricting humanitarian aid, killing civilians and aid workers, and using food as a weapon, and "no more innocent lives should be lost."‎

https://x.com/chefjoseandres/status/1774947232539644286?s=20

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%88%D8%B3%D8%B7

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Unintentionally giving aircrew 12 hours notice, unintentionally readying aircraft, unintentionally planning flight routes and ordnance, unintentionally loading missiles on aircraft, unintentionally flying to a location, unintentionally identifying the correct vehicles, unintentionally examining them with the EO on the aircraft, unintentionally either passing that optical guidance to a missile or illuminating them with a laser, unintentionally firing the weapon, unintentionally firing two more times etc.

This is going to drive me insane, but suppose you are a liberal, which part of this is unintentional?

Owlbear Camus posted:

Being made to feel remotely chastened about it.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Being made to feel remotely chastened about it.

The only problematic part of the entire attack from a liberal point of view would be someone questioning the bombing. That is certainly not intentional on the part of either Western supporters or Israel.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Apr 2, 2024

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

even the absolute most generous possible interpretation of the triple tapping the food ngo is that it's a breakdown in discipline. there's no possible version of this that was a mistake

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

Chef Jose Andres finally came out with a statement, it's stronger than I expected out of him

===========

‎World Cuisine: Israel must stop its "indiscriminate crimes"‎
‎The founder of the World Central Kitchen Organization, Spanish chef José Andrés, called on the international community to "stop Israel's indiscriminate crimes."‎

‎Andres said they were mourning the deaths of seven World Kitchen employees.‎

‎He stressed that the Israeli government must stop restricting humanitarian aid, killing civilians and aid workers, and using food as a weapon, and "no more innocent lives should be lost."‎

https://x.com/chefjoseandres/status/1774947232539644286?s=20

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%88%D8%B3%D8%B7

Israel intentionally murdered a bunch of foreign aid workers because they are getting in the way of their genocidal crusade. This is a warning to other aid workers that they are not safe, Israel will openly murder them if they don't leave, and no one is going to do anything to stop them.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
You'll be able to tell if this was a colossal gently caress up or the deliberate murder of aid workers entirely by if it results in more or less food coming into Gaza. Sure seems like Israel got exactly what it wanted and will suffer about as much consequences as they did for the other 200 aid workers they killed.

Stereotype posted:

Israel intentionally murdered a bunch of foreign aid workers because they are getting in the way of their genocidal crusade. This is a warning to other aid workers that they are not safe, Israel will openly murder them if they don't leave, and no one is going to do anything to stop them.

Yeah it makes strategic (if ghoulish) sense for Israel to get as many empathetic western eyeballs out of theatre while they get down to the ugliest part of the campaign.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Cactus Ghost posted:

even the absolute most generous possible interpretation of the triple tapping the food ngo is that it's a breakdown in discipline. there's no possible version of this that was a mistake

Even that runs into problems because they were disciplined enough to file flight plans so they had a box of airspace given over to them, and were disciplined enough to get cleared for all the ramps, taxiways and runways during a period of pretty intense air activity, but not enough to…?

When a rifleman shoots someone, that’s a breakdown of discipline, but there are like 50 people, minimum, involved in getting a single aircraft in the air, and all of the boring tedious parts of their jobs require discipline too. Those all went right, it’s just this one bit that went wrong?

I realize this is because of the military tradition of scapegoating people who were too stupid or too much of a team player to produce written orders, but this isn’t like a few maintainers sneaking a cooler of beer into the hanger for somebody’s birthday.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-risking-being-left-holding-bag-for-getting-aid-to-gazans-us-warns/

quote:

Israel risks being left without any partners to provide and deliver humanitarian assistance to Gaza after last night’s IDF strikes on a convoy belonging to the World Central Kitchen aid group in central Gaza, a US official tells The Times of Israel.

“People aren’t exactly lining up to do this work, and they just took out one of the few groups that has volunteered,” the US official says, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“They don’t want UNRWA involved? Fine. But they have to be… sure that the rest of the humanitarian workers are protected.”

“If [WCK] doesn’t come back, and other groups follow suit, the onus is going to fall on Israel to provide aid to the Palestinians,” the US official continues, citing international law.

“To not have proper de-confliction mechanisms put in place six months into the war is inexcusable,” the official says.

“The IDF is talking about improving communications between the Southern Command and COGAT. How is this mechanism only being put in place now?” the US official angrily asks, warning that the strike could have implications for continued fighting in Gaza as well as the hostage negotiations.
yeah i bet israel would hate being the only source for food for palestinians. that would surely result in israel providing gaza with enough food that they don't starve

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

The Voice of Labor posted:

did the nazis also double down on atrocities when it was becoming clear they would not win?

Yes. The initial plan was to deport Jews into captured Soviet areas and eventually Siberia and work them to death as slave labor, building roads and other infrastructure. This plan required Germany to actually conquer the Soviet Union, and when their invasion started to stall, an accelerated extermination plan was put together and presented at the Wannsee Conference.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

Also if Russia is so concerned maybe they can do something they've never done before and actually defend syrian airspace with their airbase and AA systems there to strike down Israeli jets.

Netanyahu worked out an arrangement with Russia whereby the IAF would be (mostly) free to conduct operations against Hezbollah/Iranian positions in Syria in exchange for non-interference with regards to the SAA moving south, and I have to wonder how much Putin still values this weird entente he's entered with Israel over the course of the civil war. Surely any chances for further Israeli-Russian flirtation have been nuked by the past six months, no?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-risking-being-left-holding-bag-for-getting-aid-to-gazans-us-warns/

yeah i bet israel would hate being the only source for food for palestinians. that would surely result in israel providing gaza with enough food that they don't starve

We’re about to see IDF logisticians make numerous inexplicable “mistakes”.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Even that runs into problems because they were disciplined enough to file flight plans so they had a box of airspace given over to them, and were disciplined enough to get cleared for all the ramps, taxiways and runways during a period of pretty intense air activity, but not enough to…?

When a rifleman shoots someone, that’s a breakdown of discipline, but there are like 50 people, minimum, involved in getting a single aircraft in the air, and all of the boring tedious parts of their jobs require discipline too. Those all went right, it’s just this one bit that went wrong?

I realize this is because of the military tradition of scapegoating people who were too stupid or too much of a team player to produce written orders, but this isn’t like a few maintainers sneaking a cooler of beer into the hanger for somebody’s birthday.

youre fundamentally misunderstanding how the message works. the message is "oops our bad lol" and the western media, conveniently having only that source, will report that and nothing else. therefore nobody's contesting that it was an accident. you might ask why the media itself isnt asking your questions but their boss would fire them if they did that, and since theyre being fired for antisemitism they wont even be able to get a job flipping burgers anymore. its so simple

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Malloc Voidstar posted:

quote:

“To not have proper de-confliction mechanisms put in place six months into the war is inexcusable,” the official says.

“The IDF is talking about improving communications between the Southern Command and COGAT. How is this mechanism only being put in place now?” the US official angrily asks, warning that the strike could have implications for continued fighting in Gaza as well as the hostage negotiations.

who are these clown-rear end buffoons kidding with this poo poo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Surely this time Israel will abide by international law

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I had a quick look at r/Israel and the WCK murders have them absolutely freaked out.

That sub is obviously insanely defensive of everything Israel has done, and even they are struggling to find an angle on this that doesn't make the IDF appear to be either incredibly undisciplined or just outright murderous.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

You’re right, I get it, I’m just trying to put myself in the headspace of the audience.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

Netanyahu worked out an arrangement with Russia whereby the IAF would be (mostly) free to conduct operations against Hezbollah/Iranian positions in Syria in exchange for non-interference with regards to the SAA moving south, and I have to wonder how much Putin still values this weird entente he's entered with Israel over the course of the civil war. Surely any chances for further Israeli-Russian flirtation have been nuked by the past six months, no?

I dunno putins a moron so god knows what he thinks.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Idk it’s a flow chart thing, and what I’m saying is it’s suspicious if you say someone successfully planned and executed everything up to the point where they’re claiming “pobody’s nerfect” and “we all get imposter syndrome at work sometimes”.

to believe otherwise, to accept otherwise, would mean to indict the system and the project and these are people who agree with and buy into the system and project. This is a nonstarter. Previously, the system in place allowed for the relatively unremarked upon gradual genocide of the palestinians. This was entirely fine with the liberal west. They had absolutely no problem with it and in fact were enormous supporters. Now, people are remarking on the genocide of the palestinians more openly and using specific operations/actions as examples and evidence to undermine Israeli statements, which places liberal supporters in an uncomfortable position. They want the genocide to continue but don't want to hear about it or be asked a about it. Naturally, this cannot be said openly nor can a supporter condemn Israeli as the result of a single action or series of actions because that condemnation would apply to the past, current, and future of the entire project.

The system is just and good. Its actions are just and good. It is regrettable and unfortunate that the world does not permit the operation of such a just and good system without accident or incident.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pookah posted:

I had a quick look at r/Israel and the WCK murders have them absolutely freaked out.

That sub is obviously insanely defensive of everything Israel has done, and even they are struggling to find an angle on this that doesn't make the IDF appear to be either incredibly undisciplined or just outright murderous.

You cannot square that the IDF is the most moral most precise 0 civillians dead army in the world and the triple tap of foreign aid workers over several kilometers

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

We’re about to see IDF logisticians make numerous inexplicable “mistakes”.

didn't the first couple shipments of aid over the border to gaza just consist of body bags and plastic fischer price playplace plastic food? honestly i expect something somehow more humiliating than that

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Al! posted:

youre fundamentally misunderstanding how the message works. the message is "oops our bad lol" and the western media, conveniently having only that source, will report that and nothing else. therefore nobody's contesting that it was an accident. you might ask why the media itself isnt asking your questions but their boss would fire them if they did that, and since theyre being fired for antisemitism they wont even be able to get a job flipping burgers anymore. its so simple

It's not even down to the threat of getting fired. if it would occur to them to ask those questions they never would have got their job

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Well it goes back to, a rifleman can be undisciplined with murder because it doesn’t require the participation of anyone else to execute, and really he’s “misusing” about ten cents of government property when he pulls the trigger.

If you think discipline breaks down to the point where nobody exercises control over, or is particularly interested in, what you do with hundreds of thousands of dollars of government property, a missile, that doesn’t really track.

Idk I can tell this news cycle is going to eat away at me.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You cannot square that the IDF is the most moral most precise 0 civillians dead army in the world and the triple tap of foreign aid workers over several kilometers

Exactly, they are struggling with planet-sized cognitive dissonance right now.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they have already killed like over 200 aid workers and who knows how many un workers

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Pookah posted:

They just haven't settled on a narrative long enough for anything to drown out the cognitive dissonance, but they will.

This new line from the Americans about a communications breakdown between the Southern Command and COGAT is a lot better nonsense. Most peoples first reaction, even some in C-SPAM, is this had to be a accident, much easier to feed them that slop.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
People are only acting like the motivations and actions of Israel are difficult and complicated to understand because they are actually really simple and easy; to genocide the Palestinians and drive them from gaza; but recognizing that obvious simple fact is morally very difficult. Acting like the motivation is difficult and complicated is much easier overall.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Oh yeah turned on the news

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I hope the IDF mistakes the White House for a Hamas HQ.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Retromancer posted:

I hope the IDF mistakes the White House for a Hamas HQ.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
https://x.com/Channel4News/status/1775240996458045671?s=20

shithead avoids questions the entire time and eventually the newsreader cuts him off and says he's not gonna let him do his propaganda bit

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Al-Saqr posted:

to all D&D posters

you are all welcome, however, indulgences must be paid for.

please purchase an item from here:-

https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/home

place it in a black non-descript box, and leave it next to the clown at back of the Chili's bar and grill in al-Jubail Industiral city, Saudi Arabia.

If the clown honks, you are free to post.

if the clown shrieks, you've been banned.

Prepare to receive a Roboute Guilliman, the calmest Hitler with imposter syndrome.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Sundance Shot posted:

https://x.com/Channel4News/status/1775240996458045671?s=20

shithead avoids questions the entire time and eventually the newsreader cuts him off and says he's not gonna let him do his propaganda bit

western media screaming to the israelis that all they have to do is say sorry and everyone will keep on sending them missiles and they can't even do it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sherbert Hoover posted:

western media screaming to the israelis that all they have to do is say sorry and everyone will keep on sending them missiles and they can't even do it

thats because they know theyre getting the missiles either way

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Retromancer posted:

I never took Pisspiggranddad for a coward, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1774856045665640738

Ahh, yes, my feelings are very complicated about the country that just triple tapped a food truck.

i agree with all of this

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Death to podcasts and death to Israel

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Additionally and no less importantly, death to America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Unintentionally giving aircrew 12 hours notice, unintentionally readying aircraft, unintentionally planning flight routes and ordnance, unintentionally loading missiles on aircraft, unintentionally flying to a location, unintentionally identifying the correct vehicles, unintentionally examining them with the EO on the aircraft, unintentionally either passing that optical guidance to a missile or illuminating them with a laser, unintentionally firing the weapon, unintentionally firing two more times etc.

This is going to drive me insane, but suppose you are a liberal, which part of this is unintentional?
It was a whoopsipoozle