Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I need some help with the end of the game, I stabbed myself in the heart while riding the dragon and got to the unmoored world, evacuated everyone, then closed all the red portals, pleasantly surprised that there were new boss enemies in the world, but now I have no quests left, nothing to do and I read I should see a final red portal at the seafloor shrine, but nothing is popping up. Is there something else I need to do to trigger this?

Try resting once.

Did you do the event on the path leading to volcano island. Where the statue comes back to life and beats up 2 boss monsters in a cutscene.

Or maybe it bugged out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Try resting once.

Did you do the event on the path leading to volcano island. Where the statue comes back to life and beats up 2 boss monsters in a cutscene.

Or maybe it bugged out.

No, I didn't see that at all! I'll run back through there later tonight and hopefully that'll do something.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Try resting once.

Or maybe it bugged out.

Woah cool, I never saw this either

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"okay, okay, I can kill the griffin before it runs away this time for sure-"

*troll leaps down from cliff main road to interrupt fight. Refuses to deal any damage to griffin or vice versa in spite of living in it's rear end in a top hat, but is ALSO protected by griffin if we try to focus it down between grapple kidnapping pawns a mile away*

Once again, griffin gets away. Griffin really feel like the game is going out of it's way to waste my goddamned time no matter what :argh: shredding the poo poo out of the troll (ogre? Hairy scumbag) in under a minute and leveling up after that didn't even feel good because of it.

Guys, why were you not an absolute blender of death when they were busy wasting our loving time? No I don't care if I have gear that needs their parts or not, I just want to kill a loving griffin interrupt as payback for every griffin sighting being a complete cockblock.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 5, 2024

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Woah cool, I never saw this either

This scene convinces me they ran out of budget and had to ship early

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Bring some binoculars

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
The more I play this game the more I think I'm just the guy who distracts things until Pawn calls in the meteors.

I kinda want to try running the enhanced meteor as a stored spell, just open every fight with it.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I will never again hire a warrior pawn with the air launch skill. Just constantly me positioning my archer Arisen to better deal with an ogre, then suddenly *woosh* I'm flying. Or my sorcerer pawn taking the same trip. It was useful once for getting to a chest on a cliff, but otherwise it is exactly as tolerable as it was in the first game.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

It's literally "my character and every ally nearby is immune to all damage and all status effects" the competing moves other classes have are all "enter a stance and if something directly hits me from head on in the window I counter/block it," and/or massive stamina drains.

The bubble can fully negate the need to bring tanks and/or healers. I think all of that outweighs having to push a different button every 5 seconds in your rotation.
I can see someone saying it makes combat that's already not a challenge boring, or that it's completely unbalanced, but it's just bananas to say people are hyping it up too much.

It's pretty bananas hyping to me, cause you're making your gameplay experience complete poo poo in exchange for it

Endgame: Unmoored world really needed more of those Brine bosses to fight, they're the only things that gave a reasonable amount of crystals.

Also, what's the credit scene like for the Elf Town if you rescue it? My quest to fix their stupid tree failed as soon as I started it so I couldn't rescue them at all and MY credit scene was just an overhead shot of a completely empty Elfville

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 5, 2024

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Magmarashi posted:

It's pretty bananas hyping to me, cause you're making your gameplay experience complete poo poo in exchange for it

Endgame: Unmoored world really needed more of those Brine bosses to fight, they're the only things that gave a reasonable amount of crystals.

Also, what's the credit scene like for the Elf Town if you rescue it? My quest to fix their stupid tree failed as soon as I started it so I couldn't rescue them at all and MY credit scene was just an overhead shot of a completely empty Elfville

I'm reading all these endgame spoilers having no idea what the hell you all are talking about. Uh, I'm guessing I shouldn't have just fought the dragon?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I've been leveling up Archer. I don't really like it, but the kicks/stomps/jump kicks make me wish they had a monk/martial artist class. I like kicking stuff.

Also unlocked Warfarer today so I'll probably just play that for the rest of the game. Trying to figure out what 3 skills I like the most is hard though.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Clocks posted:

Yeah, you can try to play into the floor/wall gimmicks or the whole "it tanks stuff" thing but honestly once you get the aggro mist, just use that and run around while your pawns kill stuff. I'd maybe place my mist-copy at the start but I didn't really bother with it otherwise.

It's really underbaked. It has some good augments but once I finished leveling it and switched to another vocation it was like taking a breath of fresh air in comparison.

yeah, i just can't have fun with it. i get the gimmick, but it's just one gimmick, really.

hope the vocation seems some tweaks in Dragon's Dogma 2: Dark Arisened Again

Malaria posted:

Also unlocked Warfarer today so I'll probably just play that for the rest of the game. Trying to figure out what 3 skills I like the most is hard though.

:hai:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

Also, what's the credit scene like for the Elf Town if you rescue it? My quest to fix their stupid tree failed as soon as I started it so I couldn't rescue them at all and MY credit scene was just an overhead shot of a completely empty Elfville[/spoiler]
Elf town postgame: You can rescue them even if you failed at the tree, you just have to ask again on successive days. I did the evacuations after all the beacons, so I was able to talk to him, rest to the next day, talk, rest another day, then talk again. On the third try he'll comment on your persistence and agree to evacuate.

Elf town credits: The arbor looked pretty hosed up, and nobody was around. I assume it's different if you don't ignore or fail the arborheart quest.

grate deceiver posted:

I'm reading all these endgame spoilers having no idea what the hell you all are talking about. Uh, I'm guessing I shouldn't have just fought the dragon?
You can fight the dragon if you want, just talk to the Pathfinder during the coronation party and he'll take you back to when you were riding the dragon so you can stab yourself with the godsbane.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I have to ask - has anyone here actually reached the Golden Trove Beetle limit? I thought I would have hit the cap by now, but nope, I just keep gulping them down no problem.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

grate deceiver posted:

Fighting the dragon is fine, but (major endgame spoilers) you don't want to sit on the throne at the end. You have to talk to the ghost guy that's sitting at the table next to it, then talk to him again in the middle of the room. It'll restart the dragon fight from the point where you're riding on his back to the final arena. You need to use the godbane blade on yourself during that ride

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Elf town credits: The arbor looked pretty hosed up, and nobody was around. I assume it's different if you don't ignore or fail the arborheart quest.

My ending scene with doing the elf quests successfully was the father and son watch the daughter plant a new arbor tree

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
You can sit, just don't stay

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elf town postgame: You can rescue them even if you failed at the tree, you just have to ask again on successive days. I did the evacuations after all the beacons, so I was able to talk to him, rest to the next day, talk, rest another day, then talk again. On the third try he'll comment on your persistence and agree to evacuate.

Somehow I just talked to him twice in a row and he agreed, I didnt rest or anything cus I was like what when he said we'll take care of our own problems then he's like ok I give up we'll go. I assume it has something to do with how much he likes you? and just talking to him repeatedly increases your affinity until he eventually accepts

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

You can fight the dragon if you want, just talk to the Pathfinder during the coronation party and he'll take you back to when you were riding the dragon so you can stab yourself with the godsbane.

are there any consequences to realizing that the throne ending is weird, reading up about triggering the unmoored world, reloading an inn save, and just stabbing the dragon during the flight? that's what i did.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Some merchant moved into the castle at the Ancient Battlefield after the Hugo questline, had an interesting inventory:

Wonder if he restocks

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The beetles never restock. Some of the other items might.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Some merchant moved into the castle at the Ancient Battlefield after the Hugo questline, had an interesting inventory:

Wonder if he restocks

I found this guy dead, cost me a wakestone but the inventory is worth it

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viFdmNoG-8g

I like how dumb stuff happens all the time. Fire an arrow to light up the area ahead and this happens.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ajkalan posted:

I will never again hire a warrior pawn with the air launch skill. Just constantly me positioning my archer Arisen to better deal with an ogre, then suddenly *woosh* I'm flying. Or my sorcerer pawn taking the same trip. It was useful once for getting to a chest on a cliff, but otherwise it is exactly as tolerable as it was in the first game.

It's so bad lol. They seem to prioritize using it any time you're within like 15ft of them.

Broken Cog posted:

Wonder if he restocks

Yeah, always talk to the random merchants. That one is the best, but others have some cloaks I don't think you can get anywhere else. One randomly sells the slutty caster armor.

He doesn't restock the beetle, but he does restock all the other rare materials.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 6, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Overbite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viFdmNoG-8g

I like how dumb stuff happens all the time. Fire an arrow to light up the area ahead and this happens.

Tackles out of fuckin' nowhere are the minotaur's entire gimmick, and it is simultaneously infuriating and funny as hell.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I swear some of them just magically spawn in behind you because I have been to areas where I know there's a minotaur, make sure to look around, no minotaur. Take one step forward and then oh, I'm in the air now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I swear some of them just magically spawn in behind you because I have been to areas where I know there's a minotaur, make sure to look around, no minotaur. Take one step forward and then oh, I'm in the air now.

Yeah it'll spawn some enemies in right near you. Usually with smaller stuff there's some cover or foliage that can mask it, but with big dudes it's much more awkward

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Wonder if he restocks

yeah he just wanders all over and you can find him pre hugo

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
First time I was heading up to Trevo mine it had gotten dark when a minotaur charged me from the middle of a bunch of oxen, that was a terrifying moment thinking I was being attacked by several minotaurs and I got confused several times during the fight just seeing those horns glinting in the darkness from oxen running around the melee.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How in the world am I supposed to bring the NPC with the highest affinity to the sphinx.

I’m pretty sure for me it’s the elven archer guy but I have no idea where he hangs out after you complete his quest line.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

He continues to hang out in the ruins a lot, but who says thats what the riddle is

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

How in the world am I supposed to bring the NPC with the highest affinity to the sphinx.

I’m pretty sure for me it’s the elven archer guy but I have no idea where he hangs out after you complete his quest line.

non-hint total solution spoiler: you can put your main pawn on the dais and it will always count as being correct

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

homeless snail posted:

He continues to hang out in the ruins a lot, but who says thats what the riddle is

Oh? Seemed like what I was supposed to do especially with the first one giving you that vial to transport people

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vermain posted:

non-hint total solution spoiler: you can put your main pawn on the dais and it will always count as being correct

Ohhh ok that’s much easier lol

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I assume this is what the sealing phial from the first riddle is for, but I've literally never used it, always has had my main pawn be the stand-in. It seems unable to be placed in storage, which is probably because of what it does.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Magil Zeal posted:

I assume this is what the sealing phial from the first riddle is for, but I've literally never used it, always has had my main pawn be the stand-in. It seems unable to be placed in storage, which is probably because of what it does.

it's actually best to save it for later anyways, since you can use it to solve the amphora puzzle in what i assume is the correct way, where you just yoink the guy from battahl and bring him to the shrine

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Vermain posted:

it's actually best to save it for later anyways, since you can use it to solve the amphora puzzle in what i assume is the correct way, where you just yoink the guy from battahl and bring him to the shrine

Yeah, if grab+Ferrystone to the portcrystal you place right outside the Sphinx's location didn't work it'd be really handy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One more question. I seem to have hosed up the phantom oxcart quest and have no idea what to do. I took my stuff off and hitched a ride to bahtaal. When I got out they mention that pawns "wont fight back" and I impulse punched the guy. He then calls you out for not being a pawn. But instead of failing or whatever I seem to have just broken the quest.

To make matters worse my pawns are just hanging around the ox cart in a dazed state and wont respond to anything. I looked on reddit and people seem to say that you can just hang back and follow the cart if you fail pretending to be a pawn, but it's just sitting here, doing absolutely nothing. Not sure wtf I am supposed to do.

The quest is kind of ridiculous tbh. Just obtuse as hell.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I really wish warfarer was full on broken in the sense that it let you use any skill with any weapon rather than having to switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I really wish warfarer was full on broken in the sense that it let you use any skill with any weapon rather than having to switch.

I just wish Warfarer let me seamlessly switch from daggers to bows by holding the right bumper like the first game's Strider classes.