Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm skipping the anime for the shallow reason of not feeling the LN/anime designs, so I can't speak to whether it's the adaptation or core writing that's flopping with people, but what I liked about the Seiyuu manga was just finding the leads' jerk then jerk-sorta-friends deal entertaining in itself as well as how it intersects with stuff like media drama issues and what part of work/life each character happens to be critically failing at.

e: saw someone tweet about it and yeah, I can see why people were bored if it's as flat as they're saying all throughout. Dunno how it reflects the source, but there's def parts where the manga has, or maybe adds visual humor by just having the characters actually react to things

Motto fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I loved the Seiyuu Radio manga and strongly recommend it to any yuri/GL enjoyers.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
what if its just the radio stuff

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I ate some bad food and got a Viral Hit making me into a Wind Breaker

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Konosuba faces are back I couldnt be any happier right now.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

how could you...

vibes do not lie

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bartender settling more into the format i expected, got the overarching plot simultaneous with the segments of Ryuu connecting with his clients. a couple good jokes too, like the old man knowing how to use a smartphone while Ryuu can't and him just giving Ryuu some yen to buy him a vending machine sake in one of the best burns i've seen lately. good stuff

Southern Cassowary posted:

vibes do not lie

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

lol

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

charmed by the ska ED of mysterious disappearences

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it’s like the 2000s all over again

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Bartender 02

the episodic style of the old show was nice, but this one is doing fine. I don't find the tech illiterate Ryuu that amusing, but having a fuller cast of side characters like the two company ladies makes the location of Ginza more lively just having them all wandering around makes up for it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Watched the 2 episodes of bartender. Haven’t seen the OG version, though.

Seems to be a nice series to have in the background while working or doing other stuff.

Thankfully it doesn’t do anything wild like having people spontaneously rip their clothes due to how perfect their cocktails are.

Which reminds me, I should watch food wars sometime.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Seiyuu Radio felt flat not only compared to Girls Band Cry and Jellyfish but even compared to other recent Yuri shows that had flawed adaptations. Like I favor the villainess had issue but it had energy to it and this just felt....lifeless

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
A shame, since I vaguely enjoyed the comic.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

sb hermit posted:

Thankfully it doesn’t do anything wild like having people spontaneously rip their clothes due to how perfect their cocktails are.

It's usually along the lines of "customer comes in with troubles on their mind, Ryu makes a cocktail and explains its qualities and/or origin story, which helps the customer gain insight about their issue."

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Paracelsus posted:

It's usually along the lines of "customer comes in with troubles on their mind, Ryu makes a cocktail and explains its qualities and/or origin story, which helps the customer gain insight about their issue."

right

I am glad that, like, a lawyer’s clothes don’t spontaneously combust due to the epiphany received when a god tier drink is imbibed.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Dropping some shows.

Seiyuu Radio: Not terrible, just kind of flat and lifeless. Reminded me of Yuri Is My Job with its focus on public vs private personas, and I didn't gel with that show either.

Mysterious Disappearances: Bad. Horny in a gross way (I wanted to drop it five seconds into the OP), boring dime-a-dozen premise, unimpressive visuals. The only highlight was the ska ED.

Spice and Wolf: Still not feeling this after episode 2; the writing is stilted, I don't like either of the main VAs, and this new version looks worse than the original in every way.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

sb hermit posted:

Mods?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Ooi Tonbo ep1

Golf anime. The girl is kind of annoyingly genki. Hope episode 1 is just the meeting of the kid and golf pro. and there be a time skip real quick to her competing in high school tournaments on the mainlands. If they're just gonna stay on this small rear end island town with a population of like 50 people or something and he's just gonna be coaching her basics, probably gonna drop. I tried to look ahead in the manga chapters, but couldn't find any raw scans of chapters. And translated ones available don't go past where the episode ended.

Mysterious Disappearances ep1

lol @ the OP. Wonder if all the cursed objects are gonna be book themed, since the main characters work in a bookstore, or if it will be a bunch of different stuff. Reminds me that I should probably jump back on Dark Gathering

Banished Hero Lives as He Pleases ep3

Dropping it here. An isekai that has no spin whatsoever. If anything, this is a thing you watch for "How to write an isekai" for the basics and then your suppose to add your own spin to it. Replacing its watch slot with lv2 Cheat which has a more interesting flow.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Shuumatsu train ftw.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
The omegaverse anime isn’t actually very good beyond the sheer novelty of the deep internet escaping its prison and making it onto television

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Mister Olympus posted:

The omegaverse anime isn’t actually very good beyond the sheer novelty of the deep internet escaping its prison and making it onto television

lol the characters are named fujiyoshi

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

it's a good bit but there's not much else there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

the what

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Julias posted:

Tadaima, Okaeri
Studio Deen | Shinji Ishihira ; Juria Matsumura | Yoshiko Nakamura | Drama, Romance, Slice of Life | Manga | Apr 9, 2024
Masaki Fujiyoshi is a stay-at-home spouse and parent. He has fought long and hard with feelings of being a burden to his loving husband, Hiromu, due to his status as an omega—a secondary gender, allowing one to give birth regardless of if they are male or female— and the difficulty they faced to achieve this domesticity. When their son, Hikari, was born, the family moved to an area better suited for raising children. Hikari is now nearing his second birthday, and he and his parents are forging meaningful bonds with those around them. These include the beta college student living next door, Yuuki, to whom Hikari has become rather attached; Hiromu's friend from work Matsuo; and the mysterious single dad seen wandering around the park. Despite their newfound domestic bliss, the family's ties to their past are in tatters. There are people they left behind to pursue the creation of their happy family, and when they begin to return, Masaki and Hiromu aren't quite sure they have good intentions.
PV

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
omegaverse has become a not insignificant space within gay manga so i'm not surprised one got picked up for adaptation eventually. we'll probably see one of the many random bits of yuri omegaverse get animated within the next decade

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ahahaha

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Well then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly its not that much weirder than all the random side premises that get tacked onto straight stuff

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Isn't omegaverse stuff the right-wing version of fursonas?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm not sure where you got that but no.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

beta thought process

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

this is somethingawful, anything that came into existence on the internet after 2008 has to be secret nazi codes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Omegaverse is mpreg for people who are addicted to worldbuilding

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

Lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

is the new spice & wolf a continuation or a new adaptation?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
new

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

beta thought process

lol

i just watched the first ep of viral hit and i think of all the stuff i've watched this season it's stuck in my brain the most, but idk if i'm going to stick with it

it's about an outcast kid who accidentally livestreams a fight with one of his tormentors and it gets millions of views, so they team up to start a youtube channel about fighting bullies. it's all grotesque facial expressions and shockingly grounded street fights. there's curb stomping, hair pulling, a guy swings a pot at another guy's head. viral hit is incredibly visceral in a way anime often isn't.

honestly i found it kind of miserable, i'm not sure i want to engage with this world at all, but it's definitely interesting. sort of curious what people thought about the manhwa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

frankly its not that much weirder than all the random side premises that get tacked onto straight stuff
Bizarrely enough there is heterosexual omegaverse (and a lot of it) even though this just recursively brings it back to bodice rippers

Waffleman_ posted:

Ahahaha