Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I suppose it is a complex issue if you're trying to cater to the Mumsnet TERFs and the assorted JK Rowlings of the world while not totally denying basic human rights.

Some women probably feel extremely uncomfortable seeing a trans women naked in a change room, for various reasons. I admit I don't know how to nicely solve that problem, but I know "separate but equal" isn't equal at all.

Luckily I'm not running for office so nobody cares about my opinion that trans men are men, trans women are women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

crispix posted:

requesting, again, that 99 be threadbanned pls because really this is loving ridiculous now lol

could everyone else please ignore him in the meantime because when you quote him i have to read his posts, too :)
:emptyquote:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
love and strength to all our trans comrades in itt. you know transphobia when you see it and you shouldn't have to deal with the nonsense of the last few pages.

e: i'm also in favour of threadbanning njan99, if not permanently, then at least until he is able to demonstrate he understands why exactly his behaviour in here has been unacceptable.

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 11, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
nah, permanently

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

All of the above. Solidarity to all trans posters, you deserve a better island, and no quarter for trolls, sealions, JAQoffs, etc.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I would just really rather live in a world where I can go out and earn enough so that my Fiancee doesn't have to worry and we can try and flee if we have to.

Does anyone know the process for claiming asylum in other countries/what to do when your anxiety is actually right. I'm used to dealing with OCD and Anxiety stuff where I can either go "that's wrong" or "if that's right then I will deal with it". But I don't know what to do and it's making me so afraid.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

nah, permanently

Think i will have to agree with this option.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
Going to bat for Wes loving Streeting, a snidey wee dreg of a Cambridge weevil with no redeeming qualities who's already made it abundantly clear that he's going to slice up and sell off what remains of the NHS, is an absolutely fantastic move to make itt

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
It is exhausting and confusing trying to square in my head the kind of poo poo that is being pulled with Cass and the responses to it, and the love and support I get from places like here and my day today. Yesterday depressed me mostly because I'm thinking of the trans kids I met on my own journey who are being talked about but never to in this endless loving "debate". Kids who had a sense of clarity of self and bravery that I never had at that age.

Worrying about my own safety feels abstract and indulgent (it's not, but a voice inside tells me it is). But the kids in the path of this that society had started to accommodate that have just had the rug pulled on them, that's just depressing up and down. It feels like we're standing *this close* to a better loving world and the Starmers and the Streetings of the world are standing in safety on the wall of it kicking people back into danger.

There are lots of people out there with their heads on right that are furious as I am about this, I know. Not least the trans kids themselves. It seems telling that we are never allowed to hear from them in the news, just what Reasonable Concerns from Tunbridge Wells thinks about them while people with nothing to say and nothing to add poo poo up this thread and every other outlet with "well actually, if you listen to what Reasonable Concerns is saying raar raar". gently caress that, listen to trans kids

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Love and solidarity to everyone affected by this bullshit culture war, and yeah, another call for a threadban for '99. There's no excusing last night's posts, nor the timing of them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know why it gets to me so much, I'm usually pretty numb to the world but it really loving pisses me off the poo poo trans people get and yeah, the loving snide sneering little pricks who push the "legitimate concerns" poo poo. Makes you just want to loving punch them.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Just Another Lurker posted:

Think i will have to agree with this option.

Same.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

dadrips posted:

Going to bat for Wes loving Streeting, a snidey wee dreg of a Cambridge weevil with no redeeming qualities who's already made it abundantly clear that he's going to slice up and sell off what remains of the NHS, is an absolutely fantastic move to make itt

Then, now, forever

https://x.com/CraigTheTrain/status/1778143899980042496

grobbo
May 29, 2014
The Guardian coverage today feels deeply weird and insidious (no surprises at the Times, etc).

They did a huge splash yesterday sensibly nodding and applauding at the report, and then today has two counter-perspectives with clearly misleading and softened headlines: Dr Aiden Kelly criticises the report directly but the piece leads with the very neutral 'Trans children in England worse off now than four years ago, says psychologist', and then Freddy McConnell's column, which points out that TERF talking points are reflected in the review is advertised as "Hilary Cass’s proposals are mostly common sense".

I was expecting the usual gloating columnists, but the news coverage itself feels like a clear and predetermined party line.

Love and solidarity to trans folks who are affected by all this poo poo.

grobbo fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 11, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wes pretending that these fuckheads wouldn't be chemically castrating him and putting him into conversion therapy given the choice.

Pulling the ladder up while taking a greasy McShit on those left below.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Whenever I see 100+ posts overnight I skip to the end so I haven't read njan99's stuff but people I respect are calling them a dick and too gently caress off.

I'm adding my name to that list.

Trans rights are human rights.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Angepain posted:

out of a horrible grim curiosity i have watched the portion of the video about the cass report and yeah wes is being a transphobic poo poo. wes streeting content spoilered below

tl;dr: wes is a poo poo

Thank you for watching and posting this, especially for the courage it would have taken to do so. You're right hes a coward for pathetically sitting there nodding. As I said before hes a moron for going on such an aggressively negative show, but I still don't agree with the assessment that hes a trasphobc oval office or whatever. The cass review does appear to be very poorly reported and i guess maybe at this point if you arent outright challenging it or explaining why not then you are veering into transphobia.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress off, you're not welcome here

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
yeah i'm noping out of this thread if that oval office is allowed to continue posting here

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'm not having god knows how long of people having to put up with a loving attention vampire getting their jollies out of being juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust hateful enough to people to get away with it, a massive bollock was dropped when pissflaps was allowed to get away with that - i don't think anyone needs a sequel

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

nobody likes you. nobody enjoys having you around

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

fuctifino posted:

Love and solidarity to everyone affected by this bullshit culture war, and yeah, another call for a threadban for '99. There's no excusing last night's posts, nor the timing of them.

Another :emptyquote:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Angepain posted:

out of a horrible grim curiosity i have watched the portion of the video about the cass report and yeah wes is being a transphobic poo poo. wes streeting content spoilered below
tl;dr: wes is a poo poo

Thanks for the summary. It's disgusting.

fuctifino posted:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

her lack of ability when it comes to tech has always been the same since she was much younger. She hates tech and just refuses to learn how to do things properly.

My mum's the exact same way, she viscerally hates anything technical. My dad is the opposite, fortunately (which is why I snuggle computers today probably, he got me a ZX Spectrum when I was like 6), so he does it all for her, but without him she'd be having issues. I don't really see her doing internet banking.

On the plus side, when she was doing a part time teaching degree when I was a teenager, I got to earn extra pocket money typing up all her essays.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

killerwhat posted:

Thanks for the summary. It's disgusting.

I love all my trans comrades.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the bullet point about in person banking came from a keith labour brainstorming blueskying focusgroup workshop in which they discovered that elderly racists actually rather miss howard off the halifax ads, imo

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the uk is old. very old. it explains much

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
WHO

WHO WHO WHO

WHO

GIIIIVES YOU EEEXTRA :holy:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It is worth remembering the existence of the ignore button too.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:cripes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

I love all my trans comrades.

Do you love me enough to eat a chocolate orange? :kiddo:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

Do you love me enough to eat a chocolate orange? :kiddo:

Is that what they're calling it these days

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Tbh I am glad that I can go to a town and hopefully get some advice about financial stuff.

I also like having branches open to help people and it makes my job answering phones easier as I can, for some things, just direct folks to a local branch.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

HopperUK posted:

It is worth remembering the existence of the ignore button too.

Do your loving job.

And yeah, chalk up another one for starting to look at emmigrating from the UK due to this poo poo. At least it's easy to move to Ireland and they don't tolerate this bullshit.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

mfcrocker posted:

Do your loving job.

Uncalled for. She's not a moderator of this subforum and there's gently caress all she can do.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hopper moderates the video games forum.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Fair enough, apologies. It's just a way that moderators repeatedly dismiss actually having to handle this poo poo and it's always been infuriating.

E: basically it wasn't a good thing to suggest at that moment

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

mfcrocker posted:

Fair enough, apologies. It's just a way that moderators repeatedly dismiss actually having to handle this poo poo and it's always been infuriating.

This is because the thread requested to not be moderated. The IKs are the only ones who are conceivably allowed to do anything in this thread. The best action would be to PM Koos directly and explain what has been happening and that you are requesting some action from the Moderators, otherwise they will continue to keep a hands off policy.

I've tried to speak to 99 on a personal level and that's pretty much all I can do at this current time. :shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The mods are entirely willing to stick their noses in here for trivial bullshit so I don't buy that excuse. They just don't actually disagree with most of the hosed up poo poo and koos is the prime example of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

E: basically it wasn't a good thing to suggest at that moment

thread needs better IKs